Sign in

Udon Thani Forum help, support, rules, & announcements
stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Sign in

Post by stattointhailand » October 7, 2010, 11:16 pm

Can someone please tell me (explain) why after about half an hour after I make a post on the forum ...... I have to sign in again ..... and again..........and again. I can't remember how many times i've said "oh Bol**cks" and not replied to a post.

lee
udonmap.com

Re: Sign in

Post by lee » October 8, 2010, 8:57 am

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » October 8, 2010, 9:58 am

stattointhailand wrote:Can someone please tell me (explain) why after about half an hour after I make a post on the forum ...... I have to sign in again ..... and again..........and again. I can't remember how many times i've said "oh Bol**cks" and not replied to a post.
I have bought this up in the past, anyway:- Not only that, over the past few weeks I have just been getting a plain text opening screen, which takes forever to load. -- This site only!! I remove cookies on a regular basis.

lee
udonmap.com

Post by lee » October 8, 2010, 11:22 am

Bandung_Dero wrote:I have bought this up in the past, anyway:- Not only that, over the past few weeks I have just been getting a plain text opening screen, which takes forever to load. -- This site only!! I remove cookies on a regular basis.
Unfortunately I'm unable to replicate either of the problems above so this makes it very difficult for me to fault find. :(

I can login and stay logged in via multiple (up-to-date) browsers without any problems. ;) I would have thought If there was a problem with the forum software everyone would have the same problems. :-k

If you're one of the unlucky ones who is having problems I'm really sorry about this and appreciate your patience. I will keep looking out for bugs.

In the mean time please make sure your browser is not set to clear cookies each session, try deleting cookies from the browser and via the board , and if neither these steps work try a different browser.

Thanks.

lee
udonmap.com

Post by lee » October 8, 2010, 4:22 pm

stattointhailand, your IP address may be dynamic. If varying in more than the last octet you may be logged out when changing pages. You can avoid this by selecting 'log me on automatically' when logging on. ;)

Ray.Charles
udonmap.com

Post by Ray.Charles » October 8, 2010, 8:38 pm

I suffer the same as stattointhailand
Automatic log-in doesn't do its job either.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » October 8, 2010, 9:10 pm

I do not mean to be picky, but maybe a few details as to exactly what Operating System & what Browser system might assist Lee in solving the issue.
For example I am using Windows XP & Mozilla Firefox version 3.6.10 and have not experienced this as a problem...

firsttimebangkok
udonmap.com

BobHelm

Post by firsttimebangkok » October 8, 2010, 9:27 pm

BOB I'm glad we have you at the HELM to guide us.

JimboPSM
udonmap.com

Post by JimboPSM » October 9, 2010, 2:14 am

I’m using two machines for regular access every day:
  • 1. A netbook using XP and IE8 which is set to delete everything when I exit IE and shut it down – I have to put my password in for UM every time I start it up.
    If I have a window open for UM and don’t actually use UM for an hour or because I’m busy in other windows I find that I’ve been logged out (don’t know if that is my machine or the UM server/software) and have to re-input my username and password.

2. A desktop using Vista and IE8 which is not set to delete everything when I exit IE and shut it down – this keeps me logged in all the time on UM.

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » October 9, 2010, 6:33 am

BobHelm wrote:----- but maybe a few details as to exactly what Operating System & what Browser system might assist Lee in solving the issue.
Xp Professional SP3 / FF 3.5.13 on a desktop.

Ray.Charles
udonmap.com

Post by Ray.Charles » October 9, 2010, 8:39 am

IE8 on Vista. Logged off frequently and no automatic login.
I am jealous of JimboPSM.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » October 9, 2010, 12:32 pm

Windows XP Pro and Firefox.

same prob as Jimbo

If I have a window open for UM and don’t actually use UM for an hour or because I’m busy in other windows I find that I’ve been logged out (don’t know if that is my machine or the UM server/software) and have to re-input my username and password.

Mine goes after about 30mins usually, but sometimes less (whilst typing a long post on a couple of occations :evil: )

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » October 9, 2010, 12:47 pm

Just received this at 12:44 (12 mins after my previous post)

You need to login in order to reply to topics within this forum.

lee
udonmap.com

Post by lee » October 9, 2010, 12:59 pm

stattointhailand, I've just deleted your sessions. Please let me know if this helps.

Jim, I've deleted yours also for testing purposes.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » October 9, 2010, 1:28 pm

Thanks Lee

lee
udonmap.com

Post by lee » October 9, 2010, 1:57 pm

Hopefully this has fixed the issue. [-o< If so I will close the forum for an hour or so this evening and delete all user and board sessions. After I have done this every user will be required to sign on again.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » October 10, 2010, 3:35 pm

Shouldn't waste your time Lee ........... just signed in for the third (or is it fourth) time today ........no difference

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » October 10, 2010, 3:53 pm

Statto my laptop is old & I have a lot of issues on the net with it. Largely because the chip in it is slow & the ROM is just so small (256). While I have never had the need to continually sign in as you seem to have, when I was using FireFox 5.x series of browsers I did used to get a lot of 'script stopped working' messages. Since I have switched to FireFox 6.x browser the script errors seemed to have stopped as well - although my machine will never be lightening fast. I am also still using Windows XP Professional (Service Pack 3) as I imagine that anything later than that by MS will just not work.
As long as I check the "Log me on automatically each visit " box when I sign in then I never have to sign in again all day.

kjellsnell
udonmap.com

Post by kjellsnell » October 10, 2010, 3:55 pm

After i changed and used firefox as webbrowser i have never have any problems whit login........when i use explorer i couldnt log in at all!

lee
udonmap.com

Post by lee » October 10, 2010, 4:31 pm

stattointhailand wrote:Shouldn't waste your time Lee ........... just signed in for the third (or is it fourth) time today ........no difference
I'm more than happy to help you fix this problem no matter how long it takes. ;)

FYI your cookie data is not showing up in the database so this tells me your problem is possibly browser related. Therefore I suggest trying the following:

1. Make sure you're using the latest browser version
2. Delete all cookies via the browser and board link
3. Check your browser settings, make sure your browser is accepting cookies.
4. Make sure you're not blocking cookies for udonmap
5. Make sure your virus software is not blocking cookies
6. Login in selecting 'Log me on automatically each visit' at the same time
7. When logged on check your cookies. There should be 3 cookies as follows; udonmap_sid, udonmap_k and udonmap_u. If neither of these show then check step 3,4 & 5 again.
8. If neither of the above work try an alternative browser i.e. Opera, IE or Chrome.
9. Finally if you've tried everything and are still unsuccessful try another computer or even a computer at a reliable Internet cafe i.e. Pop's Internet.

Let me know how you get on. Thanks.

Oh and just one more thing. When did you first experience this problem?

Return to “Forum Help, Support, Rules, & Announcements”