Slik fabric

Have a question or comment about Shopping in Udon Thani? Post it here!
Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Paul » August 25, 2005, 11:07 pm

still got about 20 pieces of handmade Thai silk but will be returning these to the owners in the next few days. Available to look in Udon centre if anyone wants a look before they go back. 1m x 2m - about 1500 baht/piece.

Paul
udonmap.com

Silk Fabric

Post by Paul » October 27, 2005, 10:28 pm

Got some real silk again:

Did another run into the great beyond (my wifes village) - now have about 25 pieces of silk again for browsing if anyone is interested.

approx 1m x 2m - various colours and patterns - 1500B

All handmade from the homegrown silk worms and good quality - really !

PM me for info. ( I am in Udon Centre)

Will have it for about 10 days and then will take it back to the village - as its just 'borowed' from the villagers on a 'sale or return' basis

Paul

ESJ

Re:

Post by ESJ » November 30, 2018, 7:46 pm

Paul wrote:
August 21, 2005, 10:27 pm
Did a run out to the village today and gathered up about two dozen pieces of genuinely hand made silk, in sizes of aprox. 1m x 2m
There are different colours/patterns and if anyone wants a look then give me a shout.

(providing of course my internet service actually give me some service, but thats another topic :( )

Paul 8)
Hi Paul - I see this is a little old but - are you still in business as it were and if so can I please arrange to meet up? I'm on a fabric mission....and (as well as some other places) will be udon thani 9th/10th december 2018...looking for an ongoing supply with the option to have a hand in the design in discussion with the weavers. Hopefully I hear from you. Cheers, Emily

Paul
udonmap.com

Re: Slik fabric

Post by Paul » March 14, 2019, 11:36 am

Sorry for the late reply. I haven't been able to log in. but have just seen your message.
I wrote it 14 years ago so yes it is "a bit old"
I am not actually in business, never was - I just knew people in a remote village who made the silk fabric by hand (from the worms) and took some to help them sell it.
Sorry I don't have any more and cannot get it too - but there is a village just outside Udon city (baan Nakaa) which usually has a lot of silk for sale in the local shops.
Hope it helps
Paul

Udon Map
Admin

Re: Slik fabric

Post by Udon Map » March 14, 2019, 6:12 pm

Paul wrote:
March 14, 2019, 11:36 am
... there is a village just outside Udon city (baan Nakaa) which usually has a lot of silk for sale in the local shops.
It's a fairly large market where you can get all sorts of silk clothing as well as unfinished silk fabrics by the yard/meter. Right on the Nong Khai road, on the southbound side. Here's a link to a map showing its location:

https://www.resourceguide.udonmap.com/n ... ilk-market

Return to “Udon Thani Shopping”