Small Wedding Reception

Long distance relationships, mixed relationships etc...
BellaIvy

Small Wedding Reception

Post by BellaIvy » January 8, 2013, 11:03 am

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone could help me... I'm looking for place to have a small wedding reception in Udon Thani close to town. I'm planing to renew my vow in October (Thai wedding ceremony with monks and all that) and asking 10 - 20 people to be there.

Looking for somewhere nice and cheap (at hotel if we can), I don't want to spend more then 13,500 - 15,000 baht for the wedding reception include food and drink. I don't mine paying 300 - 600 baht per person.

It hard for me to go and look around cos I am in Aussie.. If anyone out there could help would be great. Thanks.

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Small Wedding Reception

Post by semperfiguy » January 8, 2013, 11:42 am

Bella Ivy, you may want to glance at the following thread just to get an idea of what could possibly go wrong when the time comes.

http://www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/topic25556.html

I like the Prajaktra Design Hotel. Check out their website and Wedding Promotion page on the following link. Maybe the cocktail party and Thai buffet at 350-600 baht per person will be right up your alley. You can call or send them an email for more details. Good luck!

http://www.prajaktrahotel.com/2011/09/s ... promotion/
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

udonthani
udonmap.com

Small Wedding Reception

Post by udonthani » January 8, 2013, 7:30 pm

Siri Grand on Benchang road has also wedding receptions, try there, Prajactra is expensive, but in general I think you have calculated much too low for a wedding reception, and you can be damn sure there will come more than 10-20 people, think at all the free loaders in the village :?
Moon

kjellsnell
udonmap.com

Small Wedding Reception

Post by kjellsnell » January 8, 2013, 7:50 pm

For a wedding meny must count around 800-1200 bath....at least...
These days life seems pretty good and I eagerly look forward to the continuation!

BellaIvy

Small Wedding Reception

Post by BellaIvy » January 8, 2013, 9:22 pm

Thank You All.

I counted right. We only planing to have 10 - 20 people there. As i am living in Australia and only be in Udon for 5 days there won't be No free loaders in the village or anything coming.

I wouldn't mind putting my budget to 20,000 baht. Just like somewhere nice to have the reception and somewhere nice to stay while we there.

rick
udonmap.com

Small Wedding Reception

Post by rick » January 8, 2013, 9:39 pm

Karin Hotel (on Wattana Nuwong road) do weddings, do not know price. but agree if in Hotel unlikely to get much change out of 1000 baht a head. Even in the village, own location, outside catering, i would expect 300-400 baht a head - and that is with a much larger number of people.

ting_tong
udonmap.com

Small Wedding Reception

Post by ting_tong » January 9, 2013, 9:25 am

try contacting the ruysuk hotel, they may have a business room or conference room to rent? they once ran seminars there?
that may be the cheapest option.

nong new restaurant up the street could be used for catering, they are very good and cheap

Zidane
udonmap.com

Small Wedding Reception

Post by Zidane » January 9, 2013, 10:03 am

Agree the Prajaktra Hotel would be a good option,particularly if you can get the upstairs restaurant overlooking the Nong Prajak lake.
Or hows about one of the nicer restaurants in town ? Good Everything is near to the Prajaktra,overlooking Nong Prajak also,and a nice small garden restaurant holding about 30+ people.You might be able to hire it out for an afternoon or evening.....just a thought....phone number is 042-245544.
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

denz
udonmap.com

Small Wedding Reception

Post by denz » February 2, 2013, 7:48 am

worth having a look at The Pannarai Hotel - good location (town centre -next door to Irish Clock) new hotel -looks impressive.
contact details are
19/8 Sampantamit Road, Udon Thani Tel: 088-057-6875, 042-344-999, 042-345-111
or have a look here -
http://www.agoda.com/asia/thailand/udon ... AeA&cklg=1

Return to “Relationships”