smart tv`s

General Udon Thani topics only!
dragonz
udonmap.com

smart tv`s

Post by dragonz » August 13, 2018, 11:45 am

Hi been looking for a new 32/42" tv and was thinking of a smart tv but very hard to get any info > Lots of info on hd etc but when i look into the specs very vague . I looked at a lot of tv`s on lazada and in tesco and all have android 4.4 ? few of them showed how much ram and the ones that did it was 1gb . Why is the android so old and 1 gb ram is rubbish.
I am thinking it would be better to buy a normal tv and get and android box with 4gb ram and android 7 . Perhaps somebody knows this elusive info and knows of any smart tv`s with decent android ?

dragonz
udonmap.com

Re: smart tv`s

Post by dragonz » August 14, 2018, 1:21 pm

Ok seems nobody knows so i have decided to buy a not smart tv and a good android box as i cannot find out the android and ram installed on the tv`s

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » August 14, 2018, 5:47 pm

dragonz wrote:
August 13, 2018, 11:45 am
Hi been looking for a new 32/42" tv and was thinking of a smart tv but very hard to get any info > Lots of info on hd etc but when i look into the specs very vague . I looked at a lot of tv`s on lazada and in tesco and all have android 4.4 ? few of them showed how much ram and the ones that did it was 1gb . Why is the android so old and 1 gb ram is rubbish.
I am thinking it would be better to buy a normal tv and get and android box with 4gb ram and android 7 . Perhaps somebody knows this elusive info and knows of any smart tv`s with decent android ?
Hi dragonz,

Powerbuy up on the first floor in Big C by the Flyover (Down from Makro) have a lot of specials from time to time and the staff can normally answer your questions about the TV, however this may not answer your question about the Android Box. On another note, I have had Samsung and LG over the years and personally I would say that LG is very reliable these days and also cheaper than the Samsung similar Models.

I recently (3 months back) bought a Samsung Curved TV UHD LED 55” 4K Smart TV - Hate looking at it

More recently in Thailand I got the TG to buy a TV for the Kitchen. As far as an indicative price goes, I elected to go for an LG TV from Powerbuy which was advertised on Special. So decided to by an LG Model UHD 55UJ652T Smart TV for TB 20,990, plus the Wall Bracket Model S12C3 for TB 2,994 and they came and installed it on the wall for me as part of the overall price (Total TB 23,984). I didn't know how to stream to the TV or use the Smart part of the TV beforehand, but do find the LG easy to learn on.

Anyway happy with it, its definition and color is excellent, there are LG apps that you can interface with it and as far as the screen goes, its is much better to look at than the Samsung curved thing

Hope this helps and hope PB can answer you question re interfacing with the android box

pipoz4444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » August 14, 2018, 6:04 pm

Had several smart TVso and tbh waste of money better to get good TV and a mecool M8s Pro android box with 3 gb ram and 32 gb storage. I wouldn't buy here either as 4500 baht and up on lazada better aliexpress about 2100 baht delivered to here. You can order on shoppe or lazada and still going to come from China.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » August 14, 2018, 6:54 pm

Totally agree with Dunroaming, I've found Smart TV's to be a heap of crap, I prefer the Android box route too.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

pf-flyer
udonmap.com

Post by pf-flyer » August 15, 2018, 7:42 am

The various Android, LG, Samsung Smart TVs lock you into their environment. I have a Samsung Smart TV and all of the Smart TV applications are useless except for YouTube. I should have concentrated on the TV with the best performance and inputs and put my money into a good external Android Box. So later on I went with an external HIMEDIA Q10 PRO Android Box 2GB/16GB Quad-Core 4K 10bits Android 7.0 that connects to my Samsung Smart TV HDMI Port. I purchased it from Lazada. It has a Hard drive bay that supports an internal 3.5 hard drive up to 8TB that you purchase separately. It has SAMBA, NFS network playback that I use a lot to transfer files to and from my PC and other network devices... It is a little pricey but I am very satisfied with the performance.
"Life is like a tube of toothpaste. Outward pressure brings out the inward contents."

dragonz
udonmap.com

Post by dragonz » August 15, 2018, 9:20 am

Cheers guys . I think the best bet is normal tv with android box
Problem is there is no info on the smart tv box .IE what android , ram , rom processor etc . They obviously do not think its important or that you do not need to know !
When i looked on lazada a few did have the specs mostly 1gb ram and android 4.4 ? Why they are selling a tv with 4.4 i dont understand as android 8 (oreo)came out aug2017 and android 9 (pie) is out this month ?
I really just want to watch pulse tv and rugby pass but they work a lot better on windows than android so perhaps i will just connect my old desktop to the tv and use a wireless keyboard and mouse .
There is an android box beeing sold on lazada at 2990 baht with good specs so i may buy that

Android Smart TV Box New 2018 MAGICSEE IRON+ 3GB/32GB Amlogic S912 Octa Core Android 7.1.2 Nougat+Installed Application+1 Year Warranty (Free Wireless Mouse+HDMI Cable+Panasonic Alkaline 2 pcs)

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » August 15, 2018, 11:22 am

better with the me cool box 3 gb ram and 32 gb expandable memory as works with Netflix hd and YouTube 4k which many don't. Android 7 is currently about the best you will get for a box. You will see mecool on Lazy day but much cheaper on aliexpress

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”