Sports Shop previously located in Soi Sampan

General Udon Thani topics only!
tlcwaterfall

Sports Shop previously located in Soi Sampan

Post by tlcwaterfall » March 15, 2018, 7:58 am

Need some help please.

There was a very good sports shop located in Soi Sampan a year or so ago. Has been replaced by a sports bar now.

I believe they looked after the local schools with racquet restringing and tennis balls as well as other sports supplies.

Would be a great help if someone could supply their new address and phone number please.

Or alternatively another sports store where I can get racquets restrung and purchase tennis balls at a reasonable price.

Any helpful replies appreciated.

TheSportsBar
udonmap.com

Re: Sports Shop previously located in Soi Sampan

Post by TheSportsBar » March 15, 2018, 1:03 pm

Actually the previous Owners moved out over 2 years ago, if you call into the Sportsbar and ask for Lak she has a contact number for the Previous owners - they still do the Restringing but not sure where they moved to but I believe not to far away from the Soi. Sorry I am currently overseas so cannot assist from here.

tlcwaterfall

Post by tlcwaterfall » March 15, 2018, 1:22 pm

Thank you very much for your help. Will call in and see Lak on Saturday and have a few beers.

tlcwaterfall

Post by tlcwaterfall » March 29, 2018, 12:22 pm

Unfortunately Lak has deleted the number.

Will keep looking for the shop.

Muni2
udonmap.com

Post by Muni2 » March 29, 2018, 7:12 pm

There's a couple small, out of the way, no name places that string racquets very well. Probably easiest to just stop by the tennis courts directly across the street from Tueng Sri Mueang & I'll show you. The courts are about 1/2 way between Phosri Rd. & the Amphor offices. Mostly older Thais, me & occasional other farangs play doubles every morning from about 6am -10am
There are also the new courts facing Nong Prajak park, near the bicycle rentals. That is not where I play.

If you want to try to find them yourself:
1) I get my racquet strung by a young guy. Almost directly across from the Udon museum on Phosri Rd., there is a small soi that goes over to UdonPitt School. About 2/3 of the way, on the left, is a tiny shop. No sign, VERY easy to miss
2) Going from Ban Huay market, head towards Nong Khai. On the left just before the Esso gas station before the turn towards the post office, there are several lottery sellers almost in front of his place. Again, no sign so you need to ask them. Stringing racqets is not his only business so it's hit or miss as he is not always there

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”