St Patrick's Day - what will you be doing?

Discussions on local & International restaurants and food suppliers.
Post Reply
User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 3028
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am
Location: down two... then left

St Patrick's Day - what will you be doing?

Post by tamada » March 16, 2018, 6:06 am

St Paddy's on 17th.

Anyone have any info on specials at any of the bars and resto's around the city... and beyond?

Corned beef & cabbage?

Guinness?

Ta
tam

goodison
udonmap.com
Posts: 444
Joined: August 29, 2008, 3:57 pm
Location: udon Thani
Contact:

Re: St Patrick's Day - what will you be doing?

Post by goodison » March 16, 2018, 7:04 am

I will be hoping England can beat Ireland at H.Q. But I won't hold my breath, might raise a glass of Jameson's also.

User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 3028
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am
Location: down two... then left

Re: St Patrick's Day - what will you be doing?

Post by tamada » March 16, 2018, 7:37 am

goodison wrote:
March 16, 2018, 7:04 am
I will be hoping England can beat Ireland at H.Q. But I won't hold my breath, might raise a glass of Jameson's also.
It does look like Eddie's sort of imploding after back-to-back losses from the auld enemy and their ally. Good job the Germans don't play rugby eh?

Yes! Jamesons. Good call Sir!

User avatar
AussieBoy
udonmap.com
Posts: 1057
Joined: July 24, 2005, 12:56 pm
Location: Outback AU
Contact:

Re: St Patrick's Day - what will you be doing?

Post by AussieBoy » March 16, 2018, 11:01 am

You would think The Clock would be doing something, French Irish?
Master Builder

User avatar
fiddlersgreen
udonmap.com
Posts: 616
Joined: January 21, 2016, 8:38 pm

Re: St Patrick's Day - what will you be doing?

Post by fiddlersgreen » March 16, 2018, 12:31 pm

Tap Taste House has just taken delivery of 10 kegs of Guinness.
However the special couplers for these kegs have left U.S and are stuck in Hong Kong (D.H.L express) . More like pony express.
We will be selling pints of Bellhaven Scottish tomorrow at 160 baht. When Guinness is installed we will sell for 160 baht for 2 weeks as the suppliers will not allow us to sell lower than 200 baht after promo period. We have secured a proper direct supply of Guinness. Taps and equipment will be properly maintained and cleaned by competent staff.

Drop in tomorrow St Patricks Day for England V Ireland rugby, stout at 160 baht a pint, comp Irish whisky and free sample Pizza. Irish music and craic.
https://www.facebook.com/fiddlersgreenudonthani FOR DELIVERY PHONE US AT 088 315 5838

timmy
udonmap.com
Posts: 515
Joined: June 27, 2014, 11:03 am

Re: St Patrick's Day - what will you be doing?

Post by timmy » March 16, 2018, 1:05 pm

fiddlersgreen wrote:
March 16, 2018, 12:31 pm
Tap Taste House has just taken delivery of 10 kegs of Guinness.
However the special couplers for these kegs have left U.S and are stuck in Hong Kong (D.H.L express) . More like pony express.
We will be selling pints of Bellhaven Scottish tomorrow at 160 baht. When Guinness is installed we will sell for 160 baht for 2 weeks as the suppliers will not allow us to sell lower than 200 baht after promo period. We have secured a proper direct supply of Guinness. Taps and equipment will be properly maintained and cleaned by competent staff.

Drop in tomorrow St Patricks Day for England V Ireland rugby, stout at 160 baht a pint, comp Irish whisky and free sample Pizza. Irish music and craic.
what time you open " old man " ???

User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 3028
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am
Location: down two... then left

Re: St Patrick's Day - what will you be doing?

Post by tamada » March 16, 2018, 1:21 pm

timmy wrote:
March 16, 2018, 1:05 pm
fiddlersgreen wrote:
March 16, 2018, 12:31 pm
Tap Taste House has just taken delivery of 10 kegs of Guinness.
However the special couplers for these kegs have left U.S and are stuck in Hong Kong (D.H.L express) . More like pony express.
We will be selling pints of Bellhaven Scottish tomorrow at 160 baht. When Guinness is installed we will sell for 160 baht for 2 weeks as the suppliers will not allow us to sell lower than 200 baht after promo period. We have secured a proper direct supply of Guinness. Taps and equipment will be properly maintained and cleaned by competent staff.

Drop in tomorrow St Patricks Day for England V Ireland rugby, stout at 160 baht a pint, comp Irish whisky and free sample Pizza. Irish music and craic.
what time you open " old man " ???
4 PM... that's 3-and-half hours to get well bladdered on cheap Bellhaven before the jocks hand the eyeties the wooden spurkle.

Then straight into the Irish v the others stramash where, if the keg runs dry, we can switch to tinnies.

It's nae goin' tae be bonny.

User avatar
Barney
udonmap.com
Posts: 2703
Joined: November 1, 2012, 5:51 am
Location: Outback of Nong Samrong Udon Thani

Re: St Patrick's Day - what will you be doing?

Post by Barney » March 16, 2018, 1:31 pm

tamada wrote:
timmy wrote:
March 16, 2018, 1:05 pm
fiddlersgreen wrote:
March 16, 2018, 12:31 pm
Tap Taste House has just taken delivery of 10 kegs of Guinness.
However the special couplers for these kegs have left U.S and are stuck in Hong Kong (D.H.L express) . More like pony express.
We will be selling pints of Bellhaven Scottish tomorrow at 160 baht. When Guinness is installed we will sell for 160 baht for 2 weeks as the suppliers will not allow us to sell lower than 200 baht after promo period. We have secured a proper direct supply of Guinness. Taps and equipment will be properly maintained and cleaned by competent staff.

Drop in tomorrow St Patricks Day for England V Ireland rugby, stout at 160 baht a pint, comp Irish whisky and free sample Pizza. Irish music and craic.
what time you open " old man " ???
4 PM... that's 3-and-half hours to get well bladdered on cheap Bellhaven before the jocks hand the eyeties the wooden spurkle.

Then straight into the Irish v the others stramash where, if the keg runs dry, we can switch to tinnies.

It's nae goin' tae be bonny.
Just spoke with the proprietor of the TAP.
Midday opening for a cold beverage.
4pm for the food.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
fiddlersgreen
udonmap.com
Posts: 616
Joined: January 21, 2016, 8:38 pm

Re: St Patrick's Day - what will you be doing?

Post by fiddlersgreen » March 16, 2018, 1:52 pm

Pizza available for sample taste tomorrow St Patricks day.
Delux.
Norwigen Salmon and Danish Blue Cheese.
Smoked German pork sausage.
Smoked Italian Chicken sausage.
Italian Wine pork sausage.
Italian (Napoli) spicy pork sausage.

Premium.
4 cheese pizza.
Cheese,bacon,chicken and mushroom pizza.

Standard.
Sea food.
Vegi Pizza.
Hawian.
Ham and Mushroom.
Free shot of Irish Whiskey.
Come one come all.
https://www.facebook.com/fiddlersgreenudonthani FOR DELIVERY PHONE US AT 088 315 5838

User avatar
stattointhailand
udonmap.com
Posts: 10783
Joined: October 25, 2007, 11:34 pm
Location: Oiling the locks on my gun case

Re: St Patrick's Day - what will you be doing?

Post by stattointhailand » March 16, 2018, 2:33 pm

Just my two penneth, but doesn't the Irish Whiskey make the pizza a bit soggy ?

I tink dat de OP moight av been rfter sumtink a bit more Irish :-k
11Irish.jpg

MusicalBars
udonmap.com
Posts: 241
Joined: August 29, 2016, 10:19 am

Re: St Patrick's Day - what will you be doing?

Post by MusicalBars » March 16, 2018, 3:43 pm

Guiness in the Brick house 185bht a pint good food and tv for rugby and footie I am nothing to do with this bar just an option put forward for people who like the black stuff on paddys day

User avatar
felixcat
udonmap.com
Posts: 611
Joined: October 21, 2016, 12:21 pm

Re: St Patrick's Day - what will you be doing?

Post by felixcat » March 16, 2018, 4:20 pm

Am seeing the new Benchwarmers has a sign out for a Buffet. But as MusicalBars said, " I am nothing to do with this bar just an option put forward for people who like paddys day".

pal52
udonmap.com
Posts: 649
Joined: September 18, 2013, 10:54 am

Re: St Patrick's Day - what will you be doing?

Post by pal52 » March 16, 2018, 4:59 pm

fiddlersgreen wrote:
March 16, 2018, 1:52 pm
Pizza available for sample taste tomorrow St Patricks day.
Delux.
Norwigen Salmon and Danish Blue Cheese.
Smoked German pork sausage.
Smoked Italian Chicken sausage.
Italian Wine pork sausage.
Italian (Napoli) spicy pork sausage.

Premium.
4 cheese pizza.
Cheese,bacon,chicken and mushroom pizza.

Standard.
Sea food.
Vegi Pizza.
Hawian.
Ham and Mushroom.
Free shot of Irish Whiskey.
Come one come all.
This is getting confusing.
Is the above offer for Paddys day for Fiddlers Green or the Tap house.
Two different places.

Post Reply

Return to “Udon Thani Restaurants”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests