Teak tree

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
glalt
udonmap.com

Teak tree

Post by glalt » June 12, 2019, 12:08 pm

My overly generous wife has donated a very large beautiful teak tree to the watt. They needed a very large tree to carve into front doors for the watt. There wasn't much I could say except complain because it is her tree. It just gives me a sick feeling to see it butchered.
P90612-113742 (Copy).jpg

parrot
udonmap.com

Re: Teak tree

Post by parrot » June 12, 2019, 12:44 pm

I'd look on the positive side......better a temple door than selling the tree for someone's flooring. While it's sometimes hard for the western mind to grasp, the merit she receives from the donation will serve her in the future. With luck, the temple hands will carve it....similar to the one we saw last week at Wat Pa Phu Khon
Attachments
Capture.JPG

BillaRickaDickay
udonmap.com

Post by BillaRickaDickay » June 12, 2019, 12:47 pm

Tis a shame to see another one bite the dust, just think of it as another step on the stairway to heaven for your missus.
He's got his little y-fronts and he's got his little vest, Chaz Jankel, 1998. Mash it up Harry.

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » June 12, 2019, 4:42 pm

parrot wrote:
June 12, 2019, 12:44 pm
I'd look on the positive side......better a temple door than selling the tree for someone's flooring. While it's sometimes hard for the western mind to grasp, the merit she receives from the donation will serve her in the future. With luck, the temple hands will carve it....similar to the one we saw last week at Wat Pa Phu Khon
That's exactly what she said. She is making merit And when the doors are carved she will always be able to look at them and know where the wood came from. She planted that tree herself 30 years ago.

If you zoom in on the picture, you can see a guy up there cutting limbs with his sharp little machete. He obviously isn't afraid of heights.

Return to “Open Forum”