Thai immigration reveals new requirements for retirement, marriage extensions (visas)

General Udon Thani topics only!
DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Thai immigration reveals new requirements for retirement, marriage extensions (visas)

Post by DuiDui49 » January 6, 2019, 1:09 pm

Best regards
//DuiDui

“May we ever choose the harder right, instead of the easier wrong.” — Thomas Monson

"To grow and mature demands time and willingness to learn from your own misstakes"

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Re: Thai immigration reveals new requirements for retirement, marriage extensions (visas)

Post by semperfiguy » January 6, 2019, 2:21 pm

Nothing new here....just more confusion that lends itself to a multitude of interpretations and still gives each office the latitude to interpret it the way that best suits them and not us!
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf". - George Orwell

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Re: Thai immigration reveals new requirements for retirement, marriage extensions (visas)

Post by sometimewoodworker » January 6, 2019, 2:43 pm

semperfiguy wrote:
January 6, 2019, 2:21 pm
Nothing new here....just more confusion that lends itself to a multitude of interpretations and still gives each office the latitude to interpret it the way that best suits them and not us!
Lots of wittering but
no confusion from immigration. Clarity on requirements.

For income only
The 4 countries have to have transfers in to a Thai bank from abroad every month to a minimum average of over 40,000 or over 65,000 per month for 1 year (probable allowance for a partial year proof in 2019). The banks are working on a document for immigration.

No change on money in the bank 400k or 800k
No change for citizens whose embassies issue documents.

This above is a Rough translation of the Thai under.
IMG_6227.JPG
IMG_6228.JPG
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » January 6, 2019, 4:50 pm

So for years the website for doing the Online 90 day report hasen't been working,or working sometimes.But instead of fixing that,they do something else,like the above..I personally have no problem with this "new"rules,but other might.
Well another day in Thailand..have a great afternoon everyone.
Best regards
//DuiDui

“May we ever choose the harder right, instead of the easier wrong.” — Thomas Monson

"To grow and mature demands time and willingness to learn from your own misstakes"

skinner
udonmap.com

Post by skinner » January 6, 2019, 7:25 pm

Business as usual

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » January 6, 2019, 8:55 pm

DuiDui49 wrote:
January 6, 2019, 4:50 pm
So for years the website for doing the Online 90 day report hasen't been working,or working sometimes.But instead of fixing that,they do something else,like the above..I personally have no problem with this "new"rules,but other might.
Well another day in Thailand..have a great afternoon everyone.
the extension rules are a bit more important, as without that quite a few people would have to quit thailand :roll:

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » January 7, 2019, 5:35 am

skinner wrote:
January 6, 2019, 7:25 pm
Business as usual
Not for "Ms Udon's Dodgy Visa Service" --- She is about to see her business double +.
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

Faraday
udonmap.com

Post by Faraday » January 7, 2019, 10:25 am

The requirements for Marriage Extension/Retirement haven't changed as far as I can see - ie 400/800k.

Are there additional funds now needed to be deposited monthly?
Is this correct?

As I can't grasp why there is over 800 posts on tvf about this.... seems alot of droning on there.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » January 7, 2019, 11:32 am

As my post above
Faraday wrote:
January 7, 2019, 10:25 am
The requirements for Marriage Extension/Retirement haven't changed as far as I can see - ie 400/800k.
For a lump sum deposit, correct no change
Are there additional funds now needed to be deposited monthly?
Is this correct.
No additional money is needed if you have the lump sum
As I can't grasp why there is over 800 posts on tvf about this.... seems alot of droning on there.
Moderate to total inability to understand what has changed and doomsayers?

Faraday
udonmap.com

Post by Faraday » January 7, 2019, 11:37 am

^^

Thanks for your help.

retired
udonmap.com

Post by retired » January 7, 2019, 2:37 pm

As previously said...
The new rules recently published (depositing 40/65000 monthly into your Thai account) are to facilitate those who used the income/method via the Embassy Letter. Some Embassies did away with this letter so Imm has come up with an alternative to this method. This will also assist if you used or wish to use the combo method (Income + Cash in Bank)
As far as anyone knows the cash in bank (400/800,000) remains the same.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » January 7, 2019, 4:29 pm

A professional translation of the above Thai documents

The word pension is used, my speculation is that the word pension in Thai may have a different meaning than the English word and so may include other sources of income.
IMG_6242.JPG
IMG_6243.JPG
IMG_6241.JPG

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » January 7, 2019, 4:49 pm

Bandung_Dero wrote:
January 7, 2019, 5:35 am
skinner wrote:
January 6, 2019, 7:25 pm
Business as usual
Not for "Ms Udon's Dodgy Visa Service" --- She is about to see her business double +.
NOT From what I've just been Told.....She is now Surplus to requirements.. :shock: ie: She's been TOLD She cannot do,Anymore... [-X [-X

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » January 8, 2019, 11:22 am

CONFIRMED: Here is exactly what’s needed for retirement & marriage extensions (income method) from 2019

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/10 ... paign=news
Best regards
//DuiDui

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » January 8, 2019, 11:37 am

DuiDui49 wrote:
January 8, 2019, 11:22 am
CONFIRMED: Here is exactly what’s needed for retirement & marriage extensions (income method) from 2019

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/10 ... paign=news
"Income Method" only ... as shown in the heading.
I think sometimewoodworker has tried in vain to communicate this over and over again -- as have others. The method of using the Thai bank account amounts of 400,000 and 800,000 is still in force -- unless they change/eliminate it at some point (which I don't see happening).
US private charity and the US government do more good for people everywhere in the world -- every year -- than any other country. God Bless America.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”