This Week's Shopping Deal

Have a question or comment about Shopping in Udon Thani? Post it here!
the-monk
udonmap.com
Posts: 538
Joined: August 20, 2012, 4:56 am

Re: This Week's Shopping Deal

Post by the-monk » April 25, 2018, 1:55 pm

Again this morning at the Royal Project shop in the basement ( ground level ) floor at Central Plaza.
Capsicum Bell Peppers 2 reds + 1 yellow OR 2 yellows + 1 red for B25
Fresh peaches, figs and plums, gooseberries.
Sweet plums at B70/bag.
20180425_124429.jpg
The Royal Project Store is immediately to your left when you are facing the Dairy Queen Stand in the basement of Central Plaza.
20180425_120245.jpg

User avatar
trubrit
udonmap.com
Posts: 6162
Joined: March 16, 2008, 12:30 pm
Location: Having a good time .

Re: This Week's Shopping Deal

Post by trubrit » April 25, 2018, 4:47 pm

the-monk wrote:
April 25, 2018, 1:55 pm
.
Fresh peaches, figs and plums, gooseberries.
Sweet plums at B70/bag.

20180425_124429.jpg

.
Wow , thanks for the heads up, going in tomorrow , hope they still have some left, gooseberry pie this weekend!
Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

User avatar
BobHelm
udonmap.com
Posts: 18423
Joined: September 7, 2005, 11:58 pm
Location: Udon Thani

Re: This Week's Shopping Deal

Post by BobHelm » April 26, 2018, 11:18 am

trubrit wrote:
April 25, 2018, 4:47 pm
Wow , thanks for the heads up, going in tomorrow , hope they still have some left, gooseberry pie this weekend!
I fear that you are destined for disappointment Val.
They are Cape Gooseberries..
cape.png
I have found that they make a decent tart crumble when mixed 50/50 with apples but otherwise have only used them raw..

User avatar
trubrit
udonmap.com
Posts: 6162
Joined: March 16, 2008, 12:30 pm
Location: Having a good time .

Re: This Week's Shopping Deal

Post by trubrit » April 26, 2018, 6:11 pm

How-to-grow-gooseberries-close-up.jpg
BobHelm wrote:
April 26, 2018, 11:18 am
trubrit wrote:
April 25, 2018, 4:47 pm
Wow , thanks for the heads up, going in tomorrow , hope they still have some left, gooseberry pie this weekend!
I fear that you are destined for disappointment Val.
They are Cape Gooseberries..
cape.png

I have found that they make a decent tart crumble when mixed 50/50 with apples but otherwise have only used them raw..
Yes sorry to say you are right Bob, bang goes my idea for a nice tarty crumble this weekend , never mind the peaches and plums look delicious to eat just as they are . For the non Brits this is what we call a gooseberry, member of the Ribes family , including black currants etc. The cape gooseberry is from the physalis genre, a totally different family .
How-to-grow-gooseberries-close-up.jpg
Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

the-monk
udonmap.com
Posts: 538
Joined: August 20, 2012, 4:56 am

Re: This Week's Shopping Deal

Post by the-monk » April 26, 2018, 6:30 pm

Good day. Sorry about the confusion Gooseberries VS Cape gooseberries. Of course i was aware of the difference, but i assumed, never had seen GOOSEBERRIES in Udon, that all would understand that i was referring to Cape Gooseberries.
I should not had taken it for granted. Once again accept my apologies.

User avatar
trubrit
udonmap.com
Posts: 6162
Joined: March 16, 2008, 12:30 pm
Location: Having a good time .

Re: This Week's Shopping Deal

Post by trubrit » April 26, 2018, 7:11 pm

the-monk wrote:
April 26, 2018, 6:30 pm
Good day. Sorry about the confusion Gooseberries VS Cape gooseberries. Of course i was aware of the difference, but i assumed, never had seen GOOSEBERRIES in Udon, that all would understand that i was referring to Cape Gooseberries.
I should not had taken it for granted. Once again accept my apologies.
No problem , right this moment we are tucking into the peaches, there delicious, thanks again for the heads up.
Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com
Posts: 786
Joined: April 16, 2016, 9:20 am

Re: This Week's Shopping Deal

Post by Marcosteffano » April 28, 2018, 4:31 pm

Do home have a sale on air cons,TVs fans.example Samsung 12,000btu inverter was 16,000 now 11,990b...Mira metal frame power fan was 1,520b now 1,120b.lots of different models and makes to choose from.

the-monk
udonmap.com
Posts: 538
Joined: August 20, 2012, 4:56 am

Re: This Week's Shopping Deal

Post by the-monk » May 2, 2018, 1:40 pm

TIPCO juices..... I like the SHOGUN one (not from concentrate), no sugar, no flavour, no colour added. Not quite the fresh squeezed/pressed juice nonetheless good.
At Ngee Soon ( near Tung Sri Muang) 52 B/l, at Tops 59 B/l
Have a pleasant safe day.

User avatar
parrot
udonmap.com
Posts: 8735
Joined: March 19, 2006, 8:32 pm

Re: This Week's Shopping Deal

Post by parrot » May 6, 2018, 4:30 pm

If you're a fan of Nestle's corn flakes.......0.5 kg box with a free 275g box attached for 99 Baht. Or, if you're a really big fan of Nestle's corn flakes......1.5kg bag with two free boxes attached.......can't remember the exact price but it was about 250 baht.
Makro

User avatar
747man
udonmap.com
Posts: 9556
Joined: March 25, 2007, 2:22 pm

Re: This Week's Shopping Deal

Post by 747man » May 6, 2018, 9:35 pm

parrot wrote:
May 6, 2018, 4:30 pm
If you're a fan of Nestle's corn flakes.......0.5 kg box with a free 275g box attached for 99 Baht. Or, if you're a really big fan of Nestle's corn flakes......1.5kg bag with two free boxes attached.......can't remember the exact price but it was about 250 baht.
Makro
But They are CR*P !!! Tesco's Own Brand from The U.K Are the Best You'll get HERE !!!

User avatar
TAXIfor7/11
udonmap.com
Posts: 773
Joined: March 19, 2017, 2:08 pm

Re: This Week's Shopping Deal

Post by TAXIfor7/11 » May 6, 2018, 9:58 pm

747man wrote:
May 6, 2018, 9:35 pm
parrot wrote:
May 6, 2018, 4:30 pm
If you're a fan of Nestle's corn flakes.......0.5 kg box with a free 275g box attached for 99 Baht. Or, if you're a really big fan of Nestle's corn flakes......1.5kg bag with two free boxes attached.......can't remember the exact price but it was about 250 baht.
Makro
But They are CR*P !!! Tesco's Own Brand from The U.K Are the Best You'll get HERE !!!
but didn,t parrot say,;;IF YOUR A FAN OF '' NESTLES CORNFLAKES???'' Think theres a slight clue in his post

choi choi
udonmap.com
Posts: 167
Joined: March 5, 2018, 10:35 pm

Re: This Week's Shopping Deal

Post by choi choi » May 7, 2018, 7:59 am

I bought a kilo of Macro own make cornflakes.Taste good as Kellogs. One kilo 155baht.
I agree. Nestles cornflakes not same taste!

choi choi
udonmap.com
Posts: 167
Joined: March 5, 2018, 10:35 pm

Re: This Week's Shopping Deal

Post by choi choi » May 7, 2018, 8:03 am

I bought a kilo of Macro own make cornflakes.Taste good as Kellogs. One kilo 155baht.
I agree. Nestles cornflakes not same taste!

choi choi
udonmap.com
Posts: 167
Joined: March 5, 2018, 10:35 pm

Re: This Week's Shopping Deal

Post by choi choi » May 7, 2018, 8:04 am

What happen to Tesco Shortcake biscuits? I scoff the whole packet!
The old Tesco dont stock them anymore!

User avatar
747man
udonmap.com
Posts: 9556
Joined: March 25, 2007, 2:22 pm

Re: This Week's Shopping Deal

Post by 747man » May 7, 2018, 11:49 am

TAXIfor7/11 wrote:
May 6, 2018, 9:58 pm
747man wrote:
May 6, 2018, 9:35 pm
parrot wrote:
May 6, 2018, 4:30 pm
If you're a fan of Nestle's corn flakes.......0.5 kg box with a free 275g box attached for 99 Baht. Or, if you're a really big fan of Nestle's corn flakes......1.5kg bag with two free boxes attached.......can't remember the exact price but it was about 250 baht.
Makro
But They are CR*P !!! Tesco's Own Brand from The U.K Are the Best You'll get HERE !!!
but didn,t parrot say,;;IF YOUR A FAN OF '' NESTLES CORNFLAKES???'' Think theres a slight clue in his post
Nit Picking AGAIN,Are We ??? :shock: :shock: :shock:

Post Reply

Return to “Udon Thani Shopping”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests