ACS Outreach

Monthly meetings, organizations, important dates to remember etc.
mak
udonmap.com

Re: ACS Outreach

Post by mak » November 4, 2016, 7:09 am

Today is the day.

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » November 5, 2016, 9:37 am

Another successful Outreach. Thank you ACS. There were a few wardens there to help, Bill, Burt, Al, Gus. Also the Ubon American Legion were present. About 100 people served. A few glitches with the Bank Drafts and the separate draft for the mailing option. Please register with the US Embassy Bangkok as they keep us up to date through emails.

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » February 25, 2017, 2:51 pm

Just a reminder:

All payments at U.S. Embassy Outreach Events must be made in the form of a BANK DRAFT.
All Bank Drafts must be:
•Purchased from Bangkok Bank, Kasikorn Bank, or Siam Commercial Bank(SCB). •You do not need an account at the bank to purchase a bank draft.
•Kasikorn Bank calls a “bank draft” a “Bill of Exchange.”

•Purchased in advance.
•Made out to “American Embassy Bangkok”
•In the exact amount of Thai Baht (THB) for your total service.
•At the official embassy exchange rate at the time of the outreach

•In the exact amount of Thai Baht (THB) for your total service.
Delivery Service: Thai Post can mail back passports for applicants. If you require this service, you must purchase and submit a separate 100 THB bank draft. Do not include the cost of the envelope in your total bank draft for services
•3,960 THB – Renewal of adult passports
•3,780 THB – Renewal of minor (under age 16) passports
•4,860 THB – Replacement of adult lost/stolen passports
•3,780 THB – Replacement of minor (under age 16) lost/stolen passports
•1,080 THB – Adult passport card
•540 THB – Minor passport card
•1,800 THB (per notary stamp) – Notary– including income affidavits

Above fees are based on an exchange rate of 36 THB to 1 USD

Mosquito
udonmap.com

Post by Mosquito » February 25, 2017, 5:09 pm

Got my 1.8k baht bank draft from SCB (Robinson Mall), required my passport, local and stateside address, local phone # w/ signing the paperwork required (4-5 signatures).

Gar
udonmap.com

Post by Gar » February 27, 2017, 1:40 pm

Haven't seen Udon on the schedule yet. Making the sacrifice to go down to the March 03 visit in Pattaya. Hope Udon gets back on the schedule.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » February 27, 2017, 1:49 pm

Udon's on the schedule for 21 July. Khonkaen on the schedule for 10 March
https://th.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-se ... -outreach/

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » February 27, 2017, 3:43 pm

Unless Thai immigration has changed and I doubt that, if you are a person who to renew between Jan and May. This might be a real problem as they have not agreed to accept something from the last calender year.

What that breaks down to us here is you have to go somewhere else to get e income certificate.

Anyone know where the meeting is held in Khan Kean?
I reserve the right to be wrong, mispell words type badly. leave words out of sentences because my mind works faster then my fingers. To be an OLD GIT I've earned it

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » February 27, 2017, 4:02 pm

Contacted the Embassy, no change in the schedule I renew in May so I will go to Khan Kean. It will be at the Pullman Hotel from 1800 to 100 Hrs. The fee for the income letter is 1,800 Baht •Made out to “American Embassy Bangkok”

I think this is the correct one ???????????????????????????????????????????

The Pullman Khon Kaen Raja Orchid is located in the city centre, a 10 minute drive ... The hotel has six restaurants, four bars, multi-purspose meeting rooms, ... 9-9 Prachasumran Road; Nai Muang, Muang; 40000 KHON KAEN; THAILAND.
I reserve the right to be wrong, mispell words type badly. leave words out of sentences because my mind works faster then my fingers. To be an OLD GIT I've earned it

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » February 27, 2017, 4:15 pm

bumper wrote:Unless Thai immigration has changed and I doubt that, if you are a person who to renew between Jan and May. This might be a real problem as they have not agreed to accept something from the last calender year.

What that breaks down to us here is you have to go somewhere else to get e income certificate.

Anyone know where the meeting is held in Khan Kean?

The 10 March visit is at the Pullman Hotel in Khonkaen.
To the best of my knowledge, Udon immigration accepts letters from the embassy issued within 6 months. There's lots of chatter about immigration offices elsewhere doing otherwise.....but I think it's just chatter as pertains to Udon.

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » March 1, 2017, 11:29 am

Another possibility may be Chaing Mai Consulate. I called you can only get a recording. However they say they will notary service. They are open on Tuesdays and Thursdays, by appointment, You can sit up a appointment at their WEB site.

Nothing was said that you had to be from the North. Personally I would rather do that then go to Bangkok. I have something scheduled and paid for on the 10TH . Buri Ram SBK races.

I still can't wrap my head around why they only scheduled on in Udon this year. But, it it is what it is :(

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » March 1, 2017, 11:46 am

bumper wrote:Another possibility may be Chaing Mai Consulate. I called you can only get a recording. However they say they will notary service. They are open on Tuesdays and Thursdays, by appointment, You can sit up a appointment at their WEB site.

Nothing was said that you had to be from the North. Personally I would rather do that then go to Bangkok. I have something scheduled and paid for on the 10TH . Buri Ram SBK races.

I still can't wrap my head around why they only scheduled on in Udon this year. But, it it is what it is :(
I've been to the ChM Consulate before. Quick and easy.

ChM is better than BKK for everything -- including spouse visas to the US. I was there for a total of one hour that time. It's also a nicer ride and less traffic.

I don't know how many the cancelled May Visit to Udon Thani will affect, but the staff might be in KK longer than 11am if it affected many. Might be doubling up two pretty large areas of US Expats.
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » March 1, 2017, 12:13 pm

I sit my appointment up for May 20th, one month before I have to renew.

I also have sent an e-mail to the Bangkok Embassy ( [email protected] ) For me it's really not that big of a deal. However for some older people it's all the van do to get it done here in Udon, much less traveling out of town.

I will ask them to reconsider and schedule two meeting again. Never hurts to ask and I have been told no before I lived through it :D

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » March 1, 2017, 2:20 pm

bumper wrote:I sit my appointment up for May 20th, one month before I have to renew.

I also have sent an e-mail to the Bangkok Embassy ( [email protected] ) For me it's really not that big of a deal. However for some older people it's all the van do to get it done here in Udon, much less traveling out of town.

I will ask them to reconsider and schedule two meeting again. Never hurts to ask and I have been told no before I lived through it :D
It never hurts to ask. =D>

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » March 2, 2017, 6:06 pm

Well I asked their response follows.
Bangkok ACS <[email protected]>
To Ray Fisher
Mar 1 at 2:46 PM

Thank you for your suggestions, Mr. Fisher.

We understand that this is adding a new constraint to some individuals however we needed to change our outreach policy in order to facilitate other commitments our office has.

All the best,

ENW

American Citizen Services │U.S. Embassy Bangkok │ 95 Wireless Road │Bangkok, Thailand 10330

Phone: 02-205-4049 (inside Thailand); +66-2-205-4049 (outside Thailand)

Fax: 02-205-4103 (inside Thailand); +66-2-205-4103 (outside Thailand)

Email: [email protected] │Website: http://th.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services │Twitter: @acsbkk

Enroll with us to receive emergency messages and information for U.S. Citizens: http://step.state.gov

This email is UNCLASSIFIED.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » March 2, 2017, 6:28 pm

To the best of my knowledge, the American Embassy is the only embassy that provides an outreach service. I'd hate to see it stopped......but with all the talk about budget cuts in the State Department, I'm not going to hold my breath.
Two options if ACS were to stop their outreach service: 800k in the bank or an annual one-day trip to Bangkok to obtain the letter. In the meantime, count your blessings.

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » March 3, 2017, 11:48 am

I will stick Chaing Mai. No mention of budget cuts in their response. Maybe that is the reason I don't know. Does bring up an interesting thought. it would seem to me with fees generated at thew out reach activities it would seem cost effective.

Of Course if they don't pay for one trip a year I suppose they will make few more baht. But, it won't be much.

I have opted to go to Chaing Mai. Simply because I like it better then Bangkok

I wonder if they will accept cash, instead of a bank draft?.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » March 3, 2017, 12:54 pm

bumper wrote:I will stick Chaing Mai. No mention of budget cuts in their response. Maybe that is the reason I don't know. Does bring up an interesting thought. it would seem to me with fees generated at thew out reach activities it would seem cost effective.

Of Course if they don't pay for one trip a year I suppose they will make few more baht. But, it won't be much.

I have opted to go to Chaing Mai. Simply because I like it better then Bangkok

I wonder if they will accept cash, instead of a bank draft?.
NO CASH on ACS outreach visits.

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » March 3, 2017, 1:48 pm

I understand that Chaing Mai is a consulate not an out reach. I will call Bangkok since no one answers the phone in Chaing Mai

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » March 3, 2017, 2:02 pm

Bangkok says Chaing Mai accept's cash.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » March 3, 2017, 5:40 pm

bumper wrote:Bangkok says Chaing Mai accept's cash.
Great news! Thanjs for the info!

I may start going to ChM just for the nice trip and stay a few days.

Return to “Notice Board”