Thai Promo Fare v Nok v Air Asia

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
747man
udonmap.com

Thai Promo Fare v Nok v Air Asia

Post by 747man » July 18, 2009, 8:57 pm

Just been to Thai Airways Office in Udon International Airport today,Booked One Way ticket to Swampy 1540 baht :D :D ..Good Deal,Me thinks OK Slighty more expensive than Nok & A.A. but Deffo no Excess Baggage to pay,( Providing I am Sensible about it ) :lol: :lol:This Promo fare is AVAILABLE on any of their 3 x Daily flights up until 30 September.....But MUST be booked either on Thai's Website or at Thai Offices ONLY....NOT Travel Agents...Also they have some nice cheap fares on their other Domestic routes.......

Asiaphile
udonmap.com

Re: Thai Promo Fare

Post by Asiaphile » July 19, 2009, 4:13 am

Well, the other way round is much more expensive :cry:
I checked BKK-UTH for 24 Aug and their cheapest option is a whopping B2365, compared to AA's humble B700!
That's about 3.5 times more expensive.
You need a whole lot of excess baggage to make up for that difference.

pompui
udonmap.com

Post by pompui » July 19, 2009, 5:06 am

Once I did take an afternoon flight back from Bangkok and of course everyone checks their seat number and sits in their seat.Air Asia should try and get an early afternoon flight up here not early evening :roll:

One farang decided to sit in the early seats,about 33,until a Thai turned up and the airsteward told him to move.He thought Thai had the same policy as Air Asia in that you can sit where you like :roll: and looked most annoyed that his seat was at the back of the plane :roll:

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » July 19, 2009, 10:35 am

Asiaphile wrote:Well, the other way round is much more expensive :cry:
I checked BKK-UTH for 24 Aug and their cheapest option is a whopping B2365, compared to AA's humble B700!
That's about 3.5 times more expensive.
You need a whole lot of excess baggage to make up for that difference.
Did you check on their website ?? and click on Promo Fare ( they have put on a SPECIAL page,Called something like "Happy in Thailand Fare " You'll find IF you go to Thai ticket office in Swampy and simply ask......"What is your cheapest fare to Udon " ???? I Did it in June and Thai was 250 Baht CHEAPER than NOK,Have a guess which Airline I flew with ??? Not toooooo Difficult !!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

old-timer
udonmap.com

Post by old-timer » July 20, 2009, 3:26 pm

747 Wrote
Did you check on their website ?? and click on Promo Fare
Yes, I just booked a Return trip for tomorrow: UTH - BKK - UTH with THAI, total cost B 3130 including 20KG of luggage.

Air Asia (who are crap) wanted B 3449.80 for the same thing !

Thanks for the info 747.... :D

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » July 20, 2009, 4:29 pm

That's quite understandable. Air Asia (who are a good, value-for-money low cost carrier) are probably full, whereas Thai, who are not good value, are probably half empty.

Why would you need to take 20kg of luggage for a day trip :-k

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » July 20, 2009, 4:59 pm

Must be that Laos girl with big T***** and firm a*** he packed in a bag.

old-timer
udonmap.com

Post by old-timer » July 20, 2009, 5:38 pm

jackspratt wrote:That's quite understandable. Air Asia are probably full, whereas Thai, who are not good value, are probably half empty.
TG - plenty of space and cheaper than A crap A - it just get's better.
jackspratt wrote: Why would you need to take 20kg of luggage for a day trip :-k
beer monkey wrote:Must be that Laos girl with big T***** and firm a*** he packed in a bag.
nope, wrong BM - that would be between 42 and 45 kilo which would cost you heaven and earth on air asia who are very crap................................................................. \:D/

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » July 20, 2009, 7:56 pm

old-timer wrote:
747 Wrote
Did you check on their website ?? and click on Promo Fare
Yes, I just booked a Return trip for tomorrow: UTH - BKK - UTH with THAI, total cost B 3130 including 20KG of luggage.

Air Asia (who are crap) wanted B 3449.80 for the same thing !

Thanks for the info 747.... :D
Happy to help O-T BTW You got ripped I Booked 2 O/W's for the Mrs & Me and only paid 3,080 Baht.....50 baht cheaper.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » July 20, 2009, 7:58 pm

jackspratt wrote:That's quite understandable. Air Asia (who are a good, value-for-money low cost carrier) are probably full, whereas Thai, who are not good value, are probably half empty.

Why would you need to take 20kg of luggage for a day trip :-k
:yikes: :yikes: :yikes: Wot are you saying Jack,I Believe you are TRYING to tell us Air Asia are better than Thai,So pay MORE.... :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » July 20, 2009, 8:01 pm

beer monkey wrote:Must be that Laos girl with big T***** and firm a*** he packed in a bag.
Trust YOU, Anyway that would been heavier as O-T Said but it still would'nt been charged excess baggage.on Thai that is ...Well PROBABLY Not !! :lol: :D

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » July 20, 2009, 8:41 pm

Gimme a break 747. This would be the first time in the history of mankind where Thai has been cheaper than AA.

And why do you reckon Thai is putting on this special fare? - because they are being ripped apart by LCCs such as AA, who, 99% of the time, offer a cheaper and perfectly adequate 1 hour flight to Bangkok.

If you are happy to stay with Thai, that is fine - up to you.

I will, 99% of the time, go with AA, and smile when I look at my bank account :D

I don't pretend to fly the whole way to Bangers (or back) with my nose in the air :lol:

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » July 20, 2009, 10:10 pm

Jack, Neither do I My Friend ( Have my nose in the air,that is I'm Common infact ) But surely even you Jack,Can see the sense of ANYONE paying less on Thai,than paying more on Air Asia or ANY OTHER Airline,I Always check the 3 carriers when I want to travel,and pick NOT the Cheapest BUT the BEST deal for myself,at the time I wish to Fly......When I checked them this time AA was the most expensive @ 3,450 Baht,Nok Air worked out at 2,828 Baht for 2 tickets,and Thai was 3,080 Baht,But Guarenteed "No Hassle " with excess baggage,& as we are travelling onto The UK for 4 Months THIS was IMPORTANT for us, Plus I collect Royal Orchid Miles on Thai.......So My friend I hope you understand my motives..& I'm SMILING Also :D :D :lol: :lol: And will be even more when I get a Freebie with my mileage ;) ;)

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » July 20, 2009, 10:29 pm

Aplogies 747 - my nose in the air comment was more appropriate to an earlier poster.

I also check all 3 carriers prior to booking - and invariably AA is the cheapest (even adding in baggage),and most convenient.

JimboPSM
udonmap.com

Post by JimboPSM » July 20, 2009, 10:48 pm

Only flown once with AA from UTH to BKK, the flight left and arrived on time.

The aircraft appeared to be new and was bright and airy inside, it seemed to me that the seat pitch was actually better than cattle class on both Thai and Nok and that the aisle was wider, both Thai and Nok aircraft seem jaded and cramped in comparison (apart from Thai Business or Nok Plus).

On all flights the main factors I consider are airline safety record, cost and timing convenience.

Before criticising or complimenting either AA or Thai on price one also needs to understand that they operate quite different business pricing models – Thai operates on a relatively inflexible national carrier structure whereas AA operates on a budget airline structure where ticket prices generally become more expensive the closer one gets to the departure date (and the extras like luggage can reduce or even eliminate the apparent savings).

If you want to save money, learn the ticket pricing structures, be flexible in your departure days and times, plan well in advance and watch out for special offers and promotions.

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » July 20, 2009, 11:20 pm

I have used NOK, and used AA...but prefer THAI (orchid card etc)....but its only under 1hr flight so as long as you leave and get there on time its all good......now if you have a THAI flight @ 1000B and an AA at 1000B also NOK is 1000B all same same etc, i am reckoning most ,if not all would be buying the THAI ticket ..... ;)

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » July 21, 2009, 1:06 am

Oh, I don't know, for the short distance I might take Nok as it might be less crowded, and they are friendly. Well, so are Thai. Who knows? Depends on the time of the flight and where I am at the time.

For instance, on my upcoming trip the plane lands in Bangkok about 5:30 p.m. If it is not too time-consuming getting through customs (last year it only took about 20 minutes to get the bag and all that), I will try and get Nok to Udonthani that night.

If that plan falls through and Thai charges more, then it is Khorat Air (bus) to Nakhon Ratchasima for a day or two, and then on to the delightful city of Udonthani, or perhaps to Ubon to see the rock formations.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » July 21, 2009, 9:13 am

beer monkey wrote:I have used NOK, and used AA...but prefer THAI (orchid card etc)....but its only under 1hr flight so as long as you leave and get there on time its all good......now if you have a THAI flight @ 1000B and an AA at 1000B also NOK is 1000B all same same etc, i am reckoning most ,if not all would be buying the THAI ticket ..... ;)
Thank You,Sean at least someone has seen the light, And dont forget the "Free Coffee & Snack on Thai " Yes I know you get a Free pretzrel thingy on Nok BUT A HALF of cup of Coffee is ....Now what do they charge 35 Baht or something like that !!! :mad: :mad:

lepidoptra
udonmap.com

Post by lepidoptra » July 21, 2009, 9:38 am

Phoned Thai Airways at Bangkok to book a ticket from Bangkok to Udon (international calling card 6p per minute so not too expensive)from UK. Finally spoke to a human voice 25 minutes later after listening to pre-recorded messages. I told the young man that I had waited the 25 minutes. His response was " No one made you phone it was your choice". Needless to say I will try to avoid Thai like the plague or even swine flu. The E-mail I sent to customer service was of course ignored. I just hope their arrogance will be their downfall. [-X

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » July 21, 2009, 9:49 am

lepidoptra wrote:Phoned Thai Airways at Bangkok to book a ticket from Bangkok to Udon (international calling card 6p per minute so not too expensive)from UK. Finally spoke to a human voice 25 minutes later after listening to pre-recorded messages. I told the young man that I had waited the 25 minutes. His response was " No one made you phone it was your choice". Needless to say I will try to avoid Thai like the plague or even swine flu. The E-mail I sent to customer service was of course ignored. I just hope their arrogance will be their downfall. [-X
Would'nt you have been better phoning the Thai office in London,You would'nt have waited 25 mins,and I DOUBT if the reservation would have spoken to you like that....BTW I find that their customer service dept.is fine normally,a LOT better than a lot of OTHER Airlines ( No Names Mentioned ) :-$ :-$ :-$ :-# :-#

Return to “Travel & Transport”