annoying things in UT

General Udon Thani topics only!
old-timer
udonmap.com

annoying things in UT

Post by old-timer » September 9, 2009, 6:55 pm

Filling a glass of leo and ice and just as I take that first gulp - a great big freezing drop of water, which came from nowhere, slides down the outside of the glass and hits me on the chest or nuts - very very annoying............... :guiness:

lee
udonmap.com

Re: annoying things in UT

Post by lee » September 9, 2009, 7:03 pm

That could happen to you anywhere, not just Udon Thani. :?

Things I find annoying in Udon Thani is trying to find a parking space at Central Plaza on the weekends. :(

arjay
udonmap.com

Post by arjay » September 9, 2009, 7:12 pm

I can develop on that last one Lee, and still on a similar theme, - finding one of the few remaining parking spaces left (in the supermarket car park), only to then discover that the moron parked in the adjoining space has parked diagonally across his space and partway into the one I would like to get into!! :mad:

old-timer
udonmap.com

Post by old-timer » September 9, 2009, 7:24 pm

lee wrote:That could happen to you anywhere, not just Udon Thani. :?
nope - not true.. I ordered a bottle of Leo in Nairobi and they thought I was bonkers, however they did have ice.....
for information purposes only.... O/T....working for the Udon Thani Community... \:D/ ...chok dee.

douglas
udonmap.com

Post by douglas » September 9, 2009, 7:27 pm

Ht,
Filling a glass of Leo and ice? Who in there right mind puts ice in beer??? This is one annoying habit about LOS. Barstaff always fills glass with ice first and i have to ask for another clean glass.
Ask barperson not to put ice in beer, and to make sure beer is cold.Would you ask a garage to put a gallon of water in your car petrol tank when you fill it up.
Cheers doug.

arjay
udonmap.com

Post by arjay » September 9, 2009, 7:32 pm

Doug, you've obviously not been here long enough yet. You will succumb! :lol:
I resisted it for the first 7 years, then gave in. :oops:

It does keep your beer cooler, makes it last longer, reduces the rate at which you get drunk, and helps your water intake!! ;) :lol:

(....though it would seem in OT's case, it doesn't reduce the speed at which he gets drunk!! ;) :lol: )

Roy
udonmap.com
Location: Outside LA's hoping to get a glimpse of his naked maid

Post by Roy » September 9, 2009, 7:34 pm

Trying to pick up the niece from school on Si Suk Rd, complete and utter chaos despite the presence of many BIB :irked:
I refuse to do the morning run, the blood pressure can't take it.

And bless my soul I agree with Arjay :shock: I was appalled at first that some Philistine plonked ice cubes in my beer but now I even ask for it :oops:
Free the Doug 1

arjay
udonmap.com

Post by arjay » September 9, 2009, 7:42 pm

I do like to limit it to "Song Gone" (2 or 3 ice cubes) though. :D

I hate it when the ice is higher than the top of the glass, as it's then difficult to drink and I get frostbite in my nose!! :^o :confused: :lol:

lee
udonmap.com

Post by lee » September 9, 2009, 7:45 pm

If you're lucky enough to find a parking space under Central Plaza, then you may be unlucky, like me when returning to the car to find some idiot has parked in front of you leaving their handbrake on. :evil:

Speaking of annoying things in UT, the road works and road work signs on Prajak road are atrocious. They're currently digging up one side of the divided road so left side traffic has to use the right hand side. What I didn't know is that this was only during the day. So there I was turning right from Central Plaza onto Prajak road, the left lane still had no entry signs so I used the right as I did before in the day. Turns out they had reopened the road on the left but was not cleanly visible it was open. So there I was driving the wrong way up the road with cars and buses head on to me flashing their lights. :oops:

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » September 9, 2009, 7:56 pm

old-timer wrote:Filling a glass of leo and ice and just as I take that first gulp - a great big freezing drop of water, which came from nowhere, slides down the outside of the glass and hits me on the chest or nuts - very very annoying............... :guiness:
I would also find it very, very annoying, not to say disconcerting, if I did not know the difference between my chest and my nuts.

polehawk
udonmap.com

Post by polehawk » September 9, 2009, 8:10 pm

My first couple of tours in Udon back in the 60s-70s I wouldn't have even considered using ice cubes or water here. Had a friend stupidly ask for a glass of water at one of the bars on the strip outside of the air base back then. A couple of days later he was air evac'd out of here to Clark AB in the Phils. Never saw him again.

Nowadays? Yeah, agree with Arjay. Keeps the Leo cold and waters it down. :guiness:

polehawk
udonmap.com

Post by polehawk » September 9, 2009, 8:58 pm

Forgot to mention that my friend was evac'd with amoebic dysentery.

Fawn
udonmap.com

Post by Fawn » September 10, 2009, 1:18 am

Those effete youths that lurk around the electrical department in Big C wind me up. They mince about pressing for a sale but fade into the background when you ask them a technical question about a printer (or such like) because they have no knowledge of the assets they're selling. In short, if you don't know, then don't bother me.

Fawn - a care in the community success
Doug! Doug! Doug!

Farang1
udonmap.com

Post by Farang1 » September 10, 2009, 2:04 am

Contractors..... :mad:
SNAFU

Thaitanium

Post by Thaitanium » September 10, 2009, 3:38 am

The most annoying thing in Udon, to me is the majority of rotten to the core Falangs.

Falangs that complain all the time about the Thai people, and it’s government for their own miseries

Falangs that lie, cheat, gossip, and stab each others back

Falangs that come here poor, now thinking they are rich, treating others like crap, for the treatment the deservedly received in their home country

Falangs that say they have money. Sorry buddy, so why did ya take a loan out on that bucket, to piss in? Retarded.

Falangs using this country purely for abusing, even for a free buffet 3 times a week, to never leave a tip, and only purchase 2 glasses of Coco Cola, Sprite, Fanta soda, or even worse, a free cup of water as an offer to his fellow Falang restaurant/bar owner.
Why pay another Falang for great service when ya can steal, and $h!t on him at the same time? Bravo!

Falangs that have been here for 20 years and can’t speak any Thai, that should know 200 words their 2nd year.

Falangs that claim to be Vietnam Veterans, when they actually never made it out of Boot Camp back in 1964, or retired in 20 years as an E5, as an admin clerk in BFE, never near any war

Falangs that give financial advice living off of a 70,000 Baht a month, or only off of social security, or thieving from their medical insurance. The worst guys are the one’s with a crap biz, trying to scam other Falangs

Falangs that want to borrow money with no intention of ever paying it back

Falangs that have to insist that they are not stupid
Claiming one is not stupid, simply says you’re really an IDIOT, but most likely brain dead from alcoholism and or smoking crack

Falangs that proudly say they are teachers, but could never get past the 12th grade, or did because they cheated

Falangs that try to hit on other Falang girlfriends and or their wives, and still claim to be the guys best friend. One of my all time favorites! Scum bags, and same as pedophiles.

Falangs that claim they were wrongly convicted of a crime. Yeah, good one! Why mention it then? You are guilty, stop asking me for money!

Falangs that say “trust me”, or “I never lie”. You can’t be trusted, and ya always lie! Same as your bar girl! Cha, Ching! Slam, 3 points!

Falangs that fall in love in 2 hours because they are really 50,60, and 70 year old virgins, and it’s always with a bar girl

Falangs that say “Bar Girl”, instead of “Hooker”. Go figure? There is no difference. Hello, earth to Falang!!

Falangs that say, “Oh my girl is not like the others”. Must mean she’s a multi millionaire, and actually in love, til death they part. Classic! She lies only once a year too.

Falangs that say, “Ya wanna come to my wedding?” “I’ll see ya next year at the divorce party” Dumb Ass.

Falangs that say, “I’m gonna kill that guy” Brother, the only thing you can kill is a bottle of Vodka, along with a free buffet at Mojos, and about 20 bar girls with that stank breath

Falangs that say “I didn’t know it was a Katoy” Liar!, Liar! Ya knew, and ya loved it. Homo.

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » September 10, 2009, 4:11 am

So errrrrrr basically 'most Falangs' then...............
sounds like you didn't even take a breath when typing out that lot...... :lol:
Can You Dig It Dug.?

Fawn
udonmap.com

Post by Fawn » September 10, 2009, 4:15 am

Oh my word, I've gone dizzy just reading it. :confused:
Doug! Doug! Doug!

Farang1
udonmap.com

Post by Farang1 » September 10, 2009, 5:04 am

Don't hold back there, Thaitanium, tell us how you really feel.... 8-[
SNAFU

NOLA
udonmap.com

Post by NOLA » September 10, 2009, 8:06 am

Farang1...You mean they have contractors here??? They're obviously building things other than homes...In 5 years, all I've seen are rice farmers and "contractors" that should be farming rice...They haven't the foggyist idea about craftsmanship.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » September 10, 2009, 8:30 am

Thaitanium wrote: The most annoying thing in Udon, to me is the majority of rotten to the core Falangs.

<snip>
So can we assume from this that you are OK with the rest of the rotten to the core farangs ie the minority?

How do you make the distinction? :-k

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”