New breakthrough for alzheimers? Coconut Oil

Looking for advise on hospitals, dentists and other health issues? Ask here.
trekkertony
udonmap.com

Post by trekkertony » August 6, 2012, 6:48 am

The attached link may be of benefit to those who have alzheimers or family members showing signs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=ZZOR-Qd3QSg

muppet
udonmap.com

Post by muppet » August 9, 2012, 2:53 pm

Thanks for posting this article. I sent it to my Stepmother and she told me that my 88 year old Father had recently failed the Clock test mentioned in article. I hope that it may help. There is a wealth of information on this and a company in the States is preparing to manufacture Virgin Coconut oil with added MCT. There is no real research proof but some positive storys are out there.

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » August 9, 2012, 7:14 pm

After viewing the attached youtube video I went to Big C and UD Tesco looking for the Pure Virgin Coconut Oil which is in a solid state...somewhat like lard, but I could find none. In times past I have seen the liquid coconut oil for cooking, but I'm sure that is hydrogenated which is a no no. Does anyone out there know where I can buy the proper type in Udon? If it's good for Alzheimer patients then it must be good for those of us who are no quite there yet but may be one day. I'd like to give it a try!
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

Jed
udonmap.com

Post by Jed » August 9, 2012, 8:53 pm

What about fresh coconut milk and flesh straight from the coconut?

Surely that must contain some good stuff as well, though maybe not concentrated enough?

Just asking...

Alchai
udonmap.com

Post by Alchai » August 9, 2012, 11:27 pm

semperfiguy wrote:After viewing the attached youtube video I went to Big C and UD Tesco looking for the Pure Virgin Coconut Oil which is in a solid state...somewhat like lard, but I could find none
I was just reading about it and found out that Coconut oil can be stored at room temperature and becomes liquid at temperatures above 25°C. In Europe and the US it would typically be found in Health Food Stores. Not sure if I've seen any of those in Udon :-k
We may have all come on different ships, but we're in the same boat now

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Post by Stantheman » August 10, 2012, 1:20 am

Jed wrote:What about fresh coconut milk and flesh straight from the coconut?

Surely that must contain some good stuff as well, though maybe not concentrated enough?

Just asking...
Jed, not 100 percent sure, but I think coconut milk is not the same as coconut oil which comes from the pressing of the coconut meat.

underthebridge

Post by underthebridge » August 10, 2012, 2:47 am

Coconut milk contains the oil, coconut water does not. I bought some oil at Tops last time I stayed in Udon (january), not sure if it was the virgin kind though.

muppet
udonmap.com

Post by muppet » August 10, 2012, 6:04 am

A link to site describing how to make your own Coconut oil

http://www.ehow.com/how_7166314_make-16 ... t-oil.html

I lived on Wuvulu Island with Polynesians for 8 years and they made this by hand, every day, as most food was cooked in coconut milk. They have been doing this for hundreds of years.

The article mentions Microwave at the end but I would avoid this as rise in temperature changes properties of oil.

bigsnake
udonmap.com

Post by bigsnake » August 11, 2012, 10:42 am

COCONUT OIL!! HMMMMMMMM!! Just plain fresh coconut juice straight from the coconut, hmmmm, I wonder!!

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » August 11, 2012, 6:34 pm

I went by TOPS Market in the new Central Plaza this morning and found organic 100% virgin coconut oil (solid state...not hydrogenated). It is in the section for cooking oils and on the top shelf. There are two different brands in various sizes, but I got one on sale containing 16.666 ounces (500 milligrams) for 279 baht. It's not cheap by any means, but if it does what they claim in the video it will be well worth the price.
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

lee
udonmap.com

Post by lee » August 16, 2012, 11:25 am

The Vietnamese Restaurant & OTOP Shop on Attipbodi road sells Virgin Organic cold pressed Coconut Oil. They have various size bottles and top-up bags and it looks like they have plenty of stock. I took a quick snap of the shelf.
coconut-oil-udonthani.jpg
coconut oil udon thani
https://maps.google.com/maps?daddr=17.4 ... sz=18&z=18[/googlemap]

Return to “Health & Beauty”