UD Waterpark

Things to do and places to see in Udon Thani.
lee
udonmap.com

UD Waterpark

Post by lee » March 13, 2013, 9:10 am

I'm pleased to see they're building a water park on the ring-road so this is great news for my daughter. It looks like a big project from what I can see.

It's good to see more developments in Udon geared towards children these days .
http://www.udwaterpark.com
UD Waterpark.jpg
UD Waterpark
https://maps.google.com/maps?daddr=17.4 ... 5&t=m&z=15[/googlemap]

Prenders88
udonmap.com

UD Waterpark

Post by Prenders88 » March 13, 2013, 9:24 am

That will make two waterparks in Udon, the first Playport, is under construction and going up quickly. Also on the Ring Road. Won't be long there will be a theme park like Ocean Park in Hong Kong, I would have thought as there is a huge catchment area surronding Udon Thani.
Udon Thani, best seen through your car's rear view mirror.

Techland
udonmap.com

UD Waterpark

Post by Techland » March 13, 2013, 11:45 am

The 'B' on that map IS the Playport. So do we get two parks or is Lee (as usual) a bit late with news?

lee
udonmap.com

UD Waterpark

Post by lee » March 13, 2013, 12:11 pm

Techland wrote:or is Lee (as usual) a bit late with news?
I didn't see any other mention of waterpark on this forum so I thought I'd post the information for people who were not aware of it. It may be old news to some but not everyone lives in Udon full-time and may appreciate the news.

I thought it might be part of the playport, hence the Google map, but using a different name. There is no information on their website yet.

Anyway no harm in mentioning it for the benefit of others. If you don't appreciate my post then why don't you make an effort to post up-to-date information yourself?

papaguido
udonmap.com

UD Waterpark

Post by papaguido » March 13, 2013, 12:14 pm

According to the the facebook page, last year a contest was held to name the park. I'm guessing the winning name was Play Port.
Invites you to be part of. The largest water park in the east. Win scholarships totaling more than 30,000 simple rules if you are aged 15-25 years with a water park named. And logo design. Then quickly send it to PO Box 277, Muang, Nong Khai 43000 today to September 30 this year on.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

UD Waterpark

Post by jackspratt » March 13, 2013, 12:43 pm

lee wrote:
Techland wrote:or is Lee (as usual) a bit late with news?
I didn't see any other mention of waterpark on this forum so I thought I'd post the information for people who were not aware of it. It may be old news to some but not everyone lives in Udon full-time and may appreciate the news.

I thought it might be part of the playport, hence the Google map, but using a different name. There is no information on their website yet.

Anyway no harm in mentioning it for the benefit of others. If you don't appreciate my post then why don't you make an effort to post up-to-date information yourself?
Thanks for the information Lee.

ps I wasn't aware you had been tasked with providing up-to-the-minute news. :-?

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

UD Waterpark

Post by Bandung_Dero » March 13, 2013, 1:24 pm

Just hope there's plenty of supervision, the Thais are notorious NON swimmers.

Techland ----- errr --- For now I'll just give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he has Lee mixed up with someone else.
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

kopkei
udonmap.com

UD Waterpark

Post by kopkei » March 13, 2013, 6:06 pm

my question here would rather be ...how long will it stay clean? , the thai are more notorious in breaking and making
everything quickly dirty ...i will keep swimming in my own pool ... ;)

pienmash
Udonmap Sponsor

UD Waterpark

Post by pienmash » March 13, 2013, 6:27 pm

Two excellent points raised by BDD and Kopkei...... supervision and cleaning / regular safety n maintainance .....

Stiil i wish the venture good luck n hope it takes off as theres a desperate need for activities for all ages here ..

mash

papaguido
udonmap.com

UD Waterpark

Post by papaguido » March 13, 2013, 7:33 pm

About 3 yrs ago, family and I visited the water park in Korat. In order to play in the water, we had to wear proper swim suits, including bathing/swimming caps for all (as long as you had hair on your head a bathing cap was a must). A trip through outdoor shower was a must. Food and drink were only allowed in designated areas and the facility was well maintained and clean. I hope the same standards are applied here.

Techland
udonmap.com

UD Waterpark

Post by Techland » March 14, 2013, 12:07 pm

Well, I had been there last week and the situation is still the same (guards, caps...). Of course the building quality was poor compared to western standards, so it shows some signs of usage and needs some renovations now. Which will most probably not happen. But it is still damn popular (fully crowded including whole school classes) and big fun for the kids. Meanwhile they even have a separated quite pool, no children allowed, where the old walrusses can swim undisturbed :mrgreen:

I am sceptical with the Udon project as the pics do not show what I or my children would like to see: fun from toys and sliders. Just empty (boring) pools. The pics and info at the construction site also indicate a mixed sports area, nothing of the above multi-pool area.

parrot
udonmap.com

UD Waterpark

Post by parrot » April 26, 2013, 2:49 pm

Scanning some Thai sites today: The water park is due for a 'soft' opening on 12 May this year and a full opening sometime mid-next year.

rick
udonmap.com

UD Waterpark

Post by rick » April 26, 2013, 4:44 pm

I find it hard to believe it will be ready in under 3 weeks. still just a mess of a building site viewable from the road.

Techland
udonmap.com

UD Waterpark

Post by Techland » April 27, 2013, 11:44 am

Yes. The first sildes are up inmidst the mess - and suggest toddler fun only. The bigger sidebuilding already has all the ad displays outside. Seems like that will become another electronics TV etc shopping center. Makes me wonder - is that part of the 'Playport' or something totally different?

Techland
udonmap.com

UD Waterpark

Post by Techland » April 29, 2013, 6:20 pm

I don't get it. The PowerBuy sign is up now.

According to the first plans hanging outside the construction site that building should have been a hall for indoor sports.

](*,)

bumper
udonmap.com

UD Waterpark

Post by bumper » April 29, 2013, 6:39 pm

Ok guys slow on the draw here, what is Power Buy?

I couldn't find the location on the map.

Lee your information is always appreciated by most of us. I didn't know a thing about it.

Prenders88
udonmap.com

UD Waterpark

Post by Prenders88 » April 29, 2013, 7:02 pm

Powerbuy is an electrical appliance, TV, Hi-fi, camera, and smartphone retailer (Boxshifter) where the girl in braces knows FA about the products they are selling. The chain has lots of branches around Thailand. I also thought the building was part of the Playport complex.
Last edited by Prenders88 on April 29, 2013, 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Udon Thani, best seen through your car's rear view mirror.

Barney
udonmap.com

UD Waterpark

Post by Barney » April 29, 2013, 7:04 pm

I do hope that they make a decent effort to provide some quality first time it is built because the kids just love these water parks and if your young ones are good at swimming then you can just lay back and let em go for it. Needs to be up and running by next year for my little one to use when I hope to have moved from Khon Kaen to UT. Just off topic, I am sure it is not the same scale but have just driven to Jomtien and back and happened to see the newest water park down there, sorry no pictures, it is called Ramayana water park and will be finished in 12 months. Some absolutely radical rides and much more than a kids park. Very high and twisted tubes. plus a ramp for inflatable rafts.

Techland
udonmap.com

UD Waterpark

Post by Techland » April 30, 2013, 12:18 pm

Yep, and that's exactly what I want to see for the 'hub to indochina' and the 'biggest town in northeast Thailand'!

Bumper, next time you're in Big C or Home Pro - not only look at the TVs at the entrance, but also at the company's name...

bumper
udonmap.com

UD Waterpark

Post by bumper » April 30, 2013, 3:43 pm

Techland wrote:Yep, and that's exactly what I want to see for the 'hub to indochina' and the 'biggest town in northeast Thailand'!

Bumper, next time you're in Big C or Home Pro - not only look at the TVs at the entrance, but also at the company's name...
What got your panties in a bunch? Heat getting to you???????????????

Return to “Things to do in Udon Thani”