UK Government Pension Reforms

This section is for general money matters, finance and investing.
BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » May 6, 2013, 12:32 pm

It seems that the Queens' speech on Wednesday of this week will finally outline what the UK Government wish to do about the Government pension as the Government outline its awaited Pensions Bill.
They (the Government) seem to have been regularly leaking 'proposals' to try & gauge the voters response to which way they want to go. The one thing that, to me at least, seems to have drifted through all the discussions is that life will not be made any more comfortable for pension drawers living in places like Thailand.
Another little suggestion on that appears today on the beeb,,,
Overseas UK pensions 'blocked for spouses'
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22423878

Although I doubt that it will effect any on the Forum, where wives of members tend to be younger than retirement age it is another indication that those pensioners outside the country & so unlikely to vote, will get a raw deals from yet another UK Government...

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » May 6, 2013, 3:16 pm

I'm a dead man walking. Someone else can tell the wife she's not getting a pension, cos I'm not. :D

GARYZX6R
udonmap.com

Post by GARYZX6R » May 6, 2013, 3:22 pm

Gary, the next step is stopping people living outside the EU in getting their state pension. Just a matter of time. :evil:

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » May 6, 2013, 5:29 pm

Galee wrote:I'm a dead man walking. Someone else can tell the wife she's not getting a pension, cos I'm not. :D
Although widows pension is stopped and has been for a few years now she will still be entitled to claim a Bereavement allowance for 52 weeks after your death . The amount is determined by HER age when you die , to a maximum of 97.64 at age 55 or over .Google directgov form BB1. This applies wherever you reside regardless of what it says on the form. :-"
Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » May 6, 2013, 6:33 pm

Thank you TB. Not sure if this will placate her or speed up my demise. :D

harmonyudon
udonmap.com

Post by harmonyudon » May 7, 2013, 5:45 pm

Men who move abroad to marry “Thai brides” they met online are adding to the cost of state pensions for foreigners who have never lived in Britain, government sources suggest.

The growth in internet romances may be partly behind the rise in foreign women who are receiving state pensions despite never paying tax in the UK, it was claimed. .... :shock: :shock: :shock:

A new law will be announced in the Queen’s Speech on Wednesday intended to close the loophole and ensure that only those who contribute through the National Insurance system can receive a British state pension.

However, critics of the reforms raised concerns that some women who leave Britain with their husbands and have children abroad could be penalised as a result of the tighter rules.

Experts warned that the new arrangements would be a “bureaucratic nightmare” to enforce.

According to government figures, taxpayers are funding the pensions of some 220,000 people living outside the UK, half of whom are foreign citizens who have never set foot in Britain.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politic ... rease.html
Don't be a loser, don't comment on others if u haven't achieved a thing.
Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.

Return to “Money, Finance & Investing”