4 Police killed by snipers in Dallas,Texas

World news discussion forum
Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » July 8, 2016, 12:21 pm

Dallas protest: Four police officers dead in sniper shooting

Four Dallas police officers have been shot dead by sniper fire during protests against the shooting of black men by police, the authorities say.
One suspect is in custody after a shootout with police, while a person of interest turned himself in, Dallas police tweeted.
Gunfire broke out as demonstrators marched through the city.
The protests were sparked by the deaths of Philando Castile in Minnesota and Alton Sterling in Louisiana.
Dallas Police Chief David Brown said 11 officers were shot "ambush style" by snipers, killing three. Police later said a fourth had died.
"We believe that these suspects were positioning themselves in a way to triangulate on these officers from two different perches... and planned to injure and kill as many law enforcement officers as they could," he said.
One of the march's organisers, Reverend Jeff Hood, saw people scramble for cover as gunfire rang out.
"I ran away from the shots trying to get people off the streets and I was grabbing myself to see if I was shot," he told the Dallas Morning News.
Bomb teams are investigating a suspicious device left at the scene of the shootout with a suspect.
Police issued a photo of one of the suspects with a rifle slung over his shoulder. It is not clear if he was involved in the shootout or had handed himself in.
The Mayor of Dallas, Mike Rawlings, said it was a "heart-breaking moment for the city".

Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

redwolf
udonmap.com

Post by redwolf » July 8, 2016, 12:46 pm

The culmination of wanton police brutality decades running, finally colliding with the misguided notion that everyone needs and should have powerful assault-capable weapons.

Riding the rails toward a new hybrid of hyper-factionalized civil war.

Wahhabists can focus elsewhere as the place will do itself in with no outside interference.

Sad but true.
AUT VIAM INVENIAM AUT FACIAM | ARCANA IMPERII | ALIS AQUILAE

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » July 8, 2016, 2:00 pm

This is a very complicated problem, far from only a crime problem, of course, and not subject to any simplistic solution. It's days like today that I'm glad I'm not President. And glad that Obama's almost finished.

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » July 8, 2016, 2:21 pm

Its up to 5 dead Police now and the worry is that this will spread to major city's, i'm not surprised as I have seen on Documentaries armed to the Teeth black's in full combat gear openly walking the Streets in full view of Police and the public threatening to take the law into there own hands if the Police carry on there shootings of Blacks.

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » July 8, 2016, 3:08 pm

Udon Map wrote: by Udon Map » July 8, 2016, 2:00 pm

This is a very complicated problem, far from only a crime problem, of course, and not subject to any simplistic solution. It's days like today that I'm glad I'm not President. And glad that Obama's almost finished.
Wow, go Donald then....

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » July 8, 2016, 3:46 pm

Say no more
Attachments
FB_IMG_1467966392969.jpg

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » July 8, 2016, 4:01 pm

vlad wrote:Its up to 5 dead Police now and the worry is that this will spread to major city's, i'm not surprised as I have seen on Documentaries armed to the Teeth black's in full combat gear openly walking the Streets in full view of Police and the public threatening to take the law into there own hands if the Police carry on there shootings of Blacks.
"Documentaries armed to the Teeth black's in full combat gear openly walking the Streets in full view of Police"

Any chance you'd have a link to that? or is it one of those Boris Johnson sort of mirages?

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » July 8, 2016, 5:10 pm

Not good at posting links but it was on BBC1 last week by the same Docc makers who did 1 of the kkk still active now.Well worth a watch Parrot.

MrFixer
udonmap.com

Post by MrFixer » July 8, 2016, 5:21 pm

I am puzzled that the police would feel threatened by a guy just carrying a gun. Don't they know its legal to carry a gun in the US? Presumably these guys are carrying guns to be ready to stop crime (the gun-carrying good guys we hear so much about).
What is the NRA saying about all of this?

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » July 8, 2016, 5:37 pm

lucky she was live streaming, nothing worse than a live witness . strange thought ,with so many black guys getting shot by the police, the NRA are right, every black person should carry for their own safety.
I watched quite a few vids of how police are in the states, they can be quite brutal at times.
shame it has come to this though. we could be seeing the start of black militants who have given believing in the American dream , realizing they will always be at the bottom of the pile
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » July 8, 2016, 6:36 pm

papafarang wrote:lucky she was live streaming, nothing worse than a live witness . strange thought ,with so many black guys getting shot by the police, the NRA are right, every black person should carry for their own safety.
I watched quite a few vids of how police are in the states, they can be quite brutal at times.
shame it has come to this though. we could be seeing the start of black militants who have given believing in the American dream , realizing they will always be at the bottom of the pile

"the NRA are right, every black person should carry for their own safety."

My understanding is that he was in fact carrying an authorized firearm.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » July 8, 2016, 8:57 pm

seems it was another nutter with a gun. I wonder if the shooter had a legal gun ? that's the problem, a sane guy can buy a gun , but how do you know if he a going to have a breakdown 6 months later ?

"My understanding is that he was in fact carrying an authorized firearm."

now there's another problem, apparently he told the policeman he was licensed and he had the gun in the car. seems he was giving warning so there would be no misunderstanding ...and it got him killed.
I've watched the video and his girlfriend seemed oddly calm that her boyfriend had just died next to her ...I would have been peeing my pants at that point with all those trigger happy white folk pointing guns at me
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Sateeb
udonmap.com

Post by Sateeb » July 8, 2016, 11:36 pm

parrot wrote:"the NRA are right, every black person should carry for their own safety."

My understanding is that he was in fact carrying an authorized firearm.
Not sure if this is what you mean, but an assault rifle for his personal safety? Don't know how it works on here but I suppose I better call him "alleged suspect" or whatever.

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » July 10, 2016, 5:38 pm

History is just repeating itself late 60's early 70's I remember the black Panthers standing on their front porch armed to the teeth. Los Angeles couldn't walk down the road with them. But, private property they could do as they wished.

There is always two sides to every coin, like it or not parts of America are darn violent places.

My first classmate was killed the day after graduation and another within our first year. all that going on and I never fired my weapon at anyone. Were the times I was brutal damn right, I never learned how do a street fight with rules on either side.

I think if you wanted to do the research you would find a heck of a lot more black people killed by Black People then by cops.

I don't know what happened in the last shootings of blacks. I'm willing to bet no one else does at the moment either. The good side of social media is information is instant. Bad side you can come to conclusions before the evidence is in. Now we give everyone else the benefit a good investigation. Cops should be given the same chance. If they are wrong then they should pay for it. But to hang them out to dry just because the cop is white and the person shot was black. That is just as racist as everyone is complaining about.

Oh how about that racist doesn't just come in white skin.

I would be the first to admit not all cops should be on the street. LAPD is hiring just remember you only have a split second to make a decision, make the right one no one know about it. Make the wrong one and you may not be going home. Or you may be headed for prison.

If people on both sides of this don't back off and find better ways to make the community safe, I'm afraid we are headed for serious violence with victims on both sides

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » July 10, 2016, 5:46 pm

sorry about the length. But, is simply not easy question to answer
Black Crime Facts That The White Liberal Media Daren't Talk About

This article originally appeared in the Infowars Underground Insider newsletter! Not subscribed? Join now!

Despite the revelation that half of the officers charged in the death of Freddie Gray – the incident that led to the Baltimore riots – are black, the narrative that black people are being disproportionately and unfairly targeted by predominantly white police officers and a racist criminal justice system in the United States continues to dominate.

This has led to the growth of a divisive movement – ‘Black Lives Matter’ – which has only served to further polarize America down racial lines, obsessing on skin color and invoking white guilt, while ignoring the true causes of and solutions to police brutality.

Until the following facts become part of the conversation, we’re never going to see a real reduction in the number of violent confrontations involving black people and police officers. But the mainstream media, political leaders and white people in general are afraid to even mention these facts for fear of being labeled racist.

I’m not here to win any popularity contests. I genuinely care about less black people and less police officers dying in the streets. So I’m going to give it to you straight.

Black people in the United States are more likely to be victims of violent confrontations with police officers than whites because they commit more violent crimes than whites per capita.

– FACT: Despite making up just 13% of the population, blacks commit around half of homicides in the United States. DOJ statistics show that between 1980 and 2008, blacks committed 52% of homicides, compared to 45% of homicides committed by whites.

More up to date FBI statistics tell a similar story. In 2013, black criminals carried out 38% of murders, compared to 31.1% for whites, again despite the fact that there are five times more white people in the U.S.

– FACT: From 2011 to 2013, 38.5 per cent of people arrested for murder, manslaughter, rape, robbery, and aggravated assault were black. This figure is three times higher than the 13% black population figure. When you account for the fact that black males aged 15-34, who account for around 3% of the population, are responsible for the vast majority of these crimes, the figures are even more staggering.

– FACT: Despite the fact that black people commit an equal or greater number of violent crimes than whites, whites are almost TWICE as likely to be killed by police officers.

According to data from the Centers for Disease Control, between 1999 and 2011, 2,151 whites died as a result of being shot by police compared to 1,130 blacks.

Critics argue that black people are overrepresented in these figures because they only represent 13% of the population, but they are underrepresented if you factor in violent crime offenders. In other words, you would expect the number of blacks and whites killed by police to be roughly equal given that they commit a roughly equal number of violent crimes, but that’s not the case. Whites are nearly 100% more likely to be victims.

And what about black on white violence in general?

– FACT: Despite being outnumbered by whites five to one, blacks commit eight times more crimes against whites than vice-versa, according to FBI statistics from 2007. A black male is 40 times as likely to assault a white person as the reverse. These figures also show that interracial rape is almost exclusively black on white.

“Even allowing for the existence of discrimination in the criminal justice system, the higher rates of crime among black Americans cannot be denied,” wrote James Q. Wilson and Richard Herrnstein in their widely cited 1985 study, “Crime and Human Nature.” “Every study of crime using official data shows blacks to be overrepresented among persons arrested, convicted, and imprisoned for street crimes.”

It’s clear that the greater propensity for black people to commit violent crimes is a driving factor as to why blacks are becoming involved in more violent confrontations with police than their 13% population figure suggests they should be. If the 911 calls are coming from black areas and are related to black people committing violent crimes, then of course black people are more likely to be involved in violent confrontations with cops.

Does that justify police brutality in cases such as Freddie Gray, Walter Scott or Eric Garner? No. But it does demolish the ‘Black Lives Matter’ narrative that the general trend of black people being victims of violent encounters with police is solely down to the fact that cops are racist towards black people. Racism is a factor, but the statistics clearly show that it’s by no means the only factor, and some would argue not even the dominant factor.

But aren’t all these statistics undermined by the fact that black people are unfairly targeted and framed for crimes by police officers in the first place? Don’t higher arrest and conviction rates of blacks merely prove that police are racist? This argument is debunked by looking at the proportion of offenders identified – not by police – but by victims – as black. The National Crime Victimization Survey shows that the number of blacks arrested generally correlates with the number of offenders identified as black by victims.

Studies suggest that the reasons behind blacks being more likely to commit violent crimes are the dual issues of poverty (which exacerbates family breakdown) and a sub-culture amongst the black community that is tolerant of and glamorizes crime and violence. In the aftermath of the Ferguson and Baltimore riots, we saw the white metropolitan liberal media further legitimize this violence by openly justifying and even endorsing violent unrest that targeted mainly black-owned businesses.

This is true racism – by encouraging blacks to loot and riot, the white liberal media is helping to keep black communities in a cycle of destructive behavior that will lead to more police brutality targeted against black people.

Police brutality is a huge problem within the United States, and anyone that denies that fact is a part of the problem. But until we acknowledge and address the equally important issue of violent criminality within the black community, and until that becomes part of the national conversation, the issue is never going to be resolved.

And by failing to make these facts part of the conversation, black political leaders, protest organizers, and the white liberal media is complicit in perpetuating the chain reaction of violence that makes more police brutality against black people an inevitable outcome.

Facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/paul.j.watson.71
FOLLOW Paul Joseph Watson @ https://twitter.com/PrisonPlanet
I reserve the right to be wrong, mispell words type badly. leave words out of sentences because my mind works faster then my fingers. To be an OLD GIT I've earned it

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » July 10, 2016, 5:53 pm

Again lengthy it is complicated cause even with all this you only have part of a picture. To really understand you would need to research the amount of violent crime committed by whites compared to blacks. I don't care to do that maybe someone else can go to google and find out. I believe you can not take general ideas and get a really accurate picture

Deadly Force, in Black and White

A ProPublica analysis of killings by police shows outsize risk for young black males.

by Ryan Gabrielson, Ryann Grochowski Jones and Eric Sagara
ProPublica, Oct. 10, 2014, 11:07 a.m.

Spur Reform in 2016

Support ProPublica’s mission to expose abuses of power and corruption.

Donate

search Follow ProPublica

Twitter Twitter Facebook Facebook volumelow Podcast RSS RSS

Email Updates by email

optional

Our Hottest Stories

Most Read

Police, Prosecutors and Judges Rely on a Flawed $2 Drug Test That Puts Innocent People Behind Bars -

Deadly Force, in Black and White

Yes, Black America Fears the Police. Here’s Why.

This Is What New York’s ‘Voluntary Compliance’ For Landlords Looks Like

Abu Zubaydah, the Terror Suspect Who Had Nothing To Give

How the Red Cross Raised Half a Billion Dollars for Haiti ­and Built Six Homes

Machine Bias: There’s Software Used Across the Country to Predict Future Criminals. And it’s Biased

Meet the NYC Tax Break That Could Save You From Eviction Or A Big Rent Hike

New Jersey’s Student Loan Program is ‘State-Sanctioned Loan-Sharking’

Answering the Critics of our Deadly Force Story

(Hannah Birch and David Sleight/ProPublica)

This story has been updated.

Young black males in recent years were at a far greater risk of being shot dead by police than their white counterparts – 21 times greater i, according to a ProPublica analysis of federally collected data on fatal police shootings.

The 1,217 deadly police shootings from 2010 to 2012 captured in the federal data show that blacks, age 15 to 19, were killed at a rate of 31.17 per million, while just 1.47 per million white males in that age range died at the hands of police.

One way of appreciating that stark disparity, ProPublica's analysis shows, is to calculate how many more whites over those three years would have had to have been killed for them to have been at equal risk. The number is jarring – 185, more than one per week.

ProPublica's risk analysis on young males killed by police certainly seems to support what has been an article of faith in the African American community for decades: Blacks are being killed at disturbing rates when set against the rest of the American population.

Our examination involved detailed accounts of more than 12,000 police homicides stretching from 1980 to 2012 contained in the FBI's Supplementary Homicide Report. The data, annually self-reported by hundreds of police departments across the country, confirms some assumptions, runs counter to others, and adds nuance to a wide range of questions about the use of deadly police force.

Colin Loftin, University at Albany professor and co-director of the Violence Research Group, said the FBI data is a minimum count of homicides by police, and that it is impossible to precisely measure what puts people at risk of homicide by police without more and better records. Still, what the data shows about the race of victims and officers, and the circumstances of killings, are "certainly relevant," Loftin said.

"No question, there are all kinds of racial disparities across our criminal justice system," he said. "This is one example."

The FBI's data has appeared in news accounts over the years, and surfaced again with the August killing of Michael Brown in Ferguson, Missouri. To a great degree, observers and experts lamented the limited nature of the FBI's reports. Their shortcomings are inarguable.

The data, for instance, is terribly incomplete. Vast numbers of the country's 17,000 police departments don't file fatal police shooting reports at all, and many have filed reports for some years but not others. Florida departments haven't filed reports since 1997 and New York City last reported in 2007. Information contained in the individual reports can also be flawed. Still, lots of the reporting police departments are in larger cities, and at least 1000 police departments filed a report or reports over the 33 years.

There is, then, value in what the data can show while accepting, and accounting for, its limitations. Indeed, while the absolute numbers are problematic, a comparison between white and black victims shows important trends. Our analysis included dividing the number of people of each race killed by police by the number of people of that race living in the country at the time, to produce two different rates: the risk of getting killed by police if you are white and if you are black.

David Klinger, a University of Missouri-St. Louis professor and expert on police use of deadly force, said racial disparities in the data could result from "measurement error," meaning that the unreported killings could alter ProPublica's findings.

However, he said the disparity between black and white teenage boys is so wide, "I doubt the measurement error would account for that."

ProPublica spent weeks digging into the many rich categories of information the reports hold: the race of the officers involved; the circumstances cited for the use of deadly force; the age of those killed.

Who Gets Killed?

The finding that young black men are 21 times as likely as their white peers to be killed by police is drawn from reports filed for the years 2010 to 2012, the three most recent years for which FBI numbers are available.

(Jonathan Stray/ProPublica)

The black boys killed can be disturbingly young. There were 41 teens 14 years or younger reported killed by police from 1980 to 2012 ii. 27 of them were black iii; 8 were white iv; 4 were Hispanic v and 1 was Asian vi.

That's not to say officers weren't killing white people. Indeed, some 44 percent of all those killed by police across the 33 years were white.

White or black, though, those slain by police tended to be roughly the same age. The average age of blacks killed by police was 30. The average age of whites was 35.

Who is killing all those black men and boys?

Mostly white officers. But in hundreds of instances, black officers, too. Black officers account for a little more than 10 percent of all fatal police shootings. Of those they kill, though, 78 percent were black.

White officers, given their great numbers in so many of the country's police departments, are well represented in all categories of police killings. White officers killed 91 percent of the whites who died at the hands of police. And they were responsible for 68 percent of the people of color killed. Those people of color represented 46 percent of all those killed by white officers.

What were the circumstances surrounding all these fatal encounters?

There were 151 instances in which police noted that teens they had shot dead had been fleeing or resisting arrest at the time of the encounter. 67 percent of those killed in such circumstances were black. That disparity was even starker in the last couple of years: of the 15 teens shot fleeing arrest from 2010 to 2012, 14 were black.

Did police always list the circumstances of the killings? No, actually, there were many deadly shooting where the circumstances were listed as "undetermined." 77 percent of those killed in such instances were black.

Certainly, there were instances where police truly feared for their lives.

Of course, although the data show that police reported that as the cause of their actions in far greater numbers after the 1985 Supreme Court decision that said police could only justify using deadly force if the suspects posed a threat to the officer or others. From 1980 to 1984, "officer under attack" was listed as the cause for 33 percent of the deadly shootings. Twenty years later, looking at data from 2005 to 2009, "officer under attack" was cited in 62 percent xxxvii of police killings.

Does the data include cases where police killed people with something other than a standard service handgun?

Yes, and the Los Angeles Police Department stood out in its use of shotguns. Most police killings involve officers firing handguns xl. But from 1980 to 2012, 714 involved the use of a shotgun xli. The Los Angeles Police Department has a special claim on that category. It accounted for 47 cases xlii in which an officer used a shotgun. The next highest total came from the Dallas Police Department: 14 xliii.

For more civil rights coverage, read Segregation Now, the resegregation of America's schools, and Living Apart, how the government beytrayed a landmark civil rights law.

Update (Dec. 23, 2014): ProPublica shared its findings and methodology with Prof. David Klinger before this story appeared. In two interviews with reporters, he noted that the FBI data has serious shortcomings . But he also said the disparity ProPublica had found between black and white victims was so large, it was unlikely to have resulted solely from omissions in the FBI statistics. After the story appeared, Klinger said flaws in the FBI data made it unusable. ProPublica contacted Klinger and asked him to elaborate, but he declined to comment further. We stand by the analysis. A full response to the arguments Klinger and another critic have raised is here.

i ProPublica calculated a statistical figure called a risk ratio by dividing the rate of black homicide victims by the rate of white victims. This ratio, commonly used in epidemiology, gives an estimate for how much more at risk black teenagers were to be killed by police officers.Risk ratios can have varying levels of precision, depending on a variety of mathematical factors. In this case, because such shootings are rare from a statistical perspective, a 95 percent confidence interval indicates that black teenagers are at between 10 and 40 times greater risk of being killed by a police officer. The calculation used 2010-2012 population estimates from the U.S. Census Bureau's American Community Survey.

ii https://www.propublica.org/documents/it ... p1/a179431

iii https://www.propublica.org/documents/it ... p1/a179432

iv https://www.propublica.org/documents/it ... p1/a179433

v https://www.propublica.org/documents/it ... p1/a179434

vi https://www.propublica.org/documents/it ... p1/a179435

xxxvii https://www.propublica.org/documents/it ... p1/a179463

xl Calculated from the "Weapon Used by Offender" variable. Ranked based on frequency of reported shotgun homicides by police agencies.

xli https://www.propublica.org/documents/it ... p3/a179466

xlii https://www.propublica.org/documents/it ... p1/a179467

xliii https://www.propublica.org/documents/it ... p1/a179468
I reserve the right to be wrong, mispell words type badly. leave words out of sentences because my mind works faster then my fingers. To be an OLD GIT I've earned it

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » July 10, 2016, 10:11 pm

UFF DA!

tigerryan
udonmap.com

Post by tigerryan » July 11, 2016, 5:38 am

In America we have a angry at the world inner city ****** problem not a police problem. If your armed and you resist arrest you are going to get shot. If your armed and you surprise the cop with your concealed weapon while your reaching for your wallet your going to get shot. If you resist arrest and make the cop fear for his life your going to get shot. If your girlfriend quickly reaches into her purse and pulls her black phone out to Facebook your traffic stop at the same time the cop sees your legal but undeclared concealed weapon your going to get shot. People need to follow the instructions of police officers to the letter keep your hands up and visible be calm move slowly and you wont get shot. You need to listen to what the police officer is telling you and comply. Some groups of people are better at this than others. Some folks are just begging to get shot by the police and I don't feel sorry for them at all.

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » July 11, 2016, 6:43 am

In 2015 police killed 1146 people in the US, I think there's a problem, will they fix it or just keep shooting it's citizens?

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » July 11, 2016, 9:37 am

tigerryan wrote:In America we have a angry at the world inner city ****** problem not a police problem. If your armed and you resist arrest you are going to get shot. If your armed and you surprise the cop with your concealed weapon while your reaching for your wallet your going to get shot. If you resist arrest and make the cop fear for his life your going to get shot. If your girlfriend quickly reaches into her purse and pulls her black phone out to Facebook your traffic stop at the same time the cop sees your legal but undeclared concealed weapon your going to get shot. People need to follow the instructions of police officers to the letter keep your hands up and visible be calm move slowly and you wont get shot. You need to listen to what the police officer is telling you and comply. Some groups of people are better at this than others. Some folks are just begging to get shot by the police and I don't feel sorry for them at all.
Philando was stopped by police 52 times in 14 years. He wasn't a druggie, he wasn't retarded, he had a job, had a license to carry. I don't read anything that says he had an angry at the world problem.
I've lived in thailand for nearly 20 years,driven some half million kilometers, and haven't been stopped 14 times, much less 52. IN THAILAND!

Return to “World News”