Please vote for best Dentist

General Udon Thani topics only!
mickojak
udonmap.com

Please vote for best Dentist

Post by mickojak » September 10, 2016, 4:28 pm

There are many discussions on this forum about dentists with lots of positive and negative experiences.
I was wondering if we could have a simple vote to determine the most popular.

Please list your favourite dentist, their name and clinic.

Should be interesting.

Thanks
Mick

P.S, I have to get some work done very soon!!!

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Re: Please vote for best Dentist

Post by stattointhailand » September 10, 2016, 4:49 pm

You have about as much chance of finding a good dentist that way as you have of agreeing with the judges in a miss world or wet t shirt contest :lol:

Half those on here will vote for the one whose assistant has the biggest knockers :roll:
Mind you that may not be a bad thing as they say most pain is in the mind :-k , and if your minds on her jugs it may help to lessen a lot of the pain :-" or at least make attending the appointment more of a pleasant experience :oops:

Twixies
udonmap.com

Post by Twixies » September 10, 2016, 10:35 pm

I have been using AEK Udon international. The dentists department. Perfect result. 1 Crown on one toot and a root canal , plus deep cleaning.

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » September 11, 2016, 5:40 am

The girls in the dentistry section of my local Phen Hospital were great. They showed great patience, dedication to get the job done and strength sitting on top of my screaming 5 year old! :roll: :lol:

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » September 11, 2016, 8:05 am

Twixies wrote:I have been using AEK Udon international. The dentists department. Perfect result. 1 Crown on one toot and a root canal , plus deep cleaning.
Thanks Twixies.
At least someone is serious here =D>

mick

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » September 11, 2016, 12:43 pm

Ok. Mick, I try and give you a serious reply.
I can't compare dentists, because I've only ever used my local Phen Hospital, essentially for convenience and cost considerations. So, I'm not getting plush surroundings, I have wait my turn etc. but, for me, the treatment seemed ok. I'm aware that one girl there who spoke good English and qualified at a University here, left to open her own practice in Udon, no doubt earning a lot more than she did in a government hospital. So, there may be better equipment, proper appointments, but I wouldn't be certain the actual dentistry would be at a higher level.
The private hospitals are very much concerned with money. Everything, but everything, is costed and a lot of it lands of the patient's bill. I'm talking staffing levels, a five minute casual chat with a doctor, a nurse guiding you from one room to another, and even the cake and coffee which turns up mid-morning! But the choice is yours.
It was a true account of my son's visit. I'm sure he wondered what have I done to deserve this torture, poor kid. The work was, hopefully, completed ok, but it did take five to hold him down.
If you've got teeth problems, I hope you get it sorted.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » September 11, 2016, 1:10 pm

mickojak wrote:There are many discussions on this forum about dentists with lots of positive and negative experiences.
I was wondering if we could have a simple vote to determine the most popular.

Please list your favourite dentist, their name and clinic.

Should be interesting.

Thanks
Mick

P.S, I have to get some work done very soon!!!

8-[ :oops: apologies mick, I assumed when I read your OP "There are many discussions on this forum about dentists with lots of positive and negative experiences." that you had already seen what everyone had to say, and you were just 'avin a bit of fun. sorry :oops:

Rockfossil
udonmap.com

Post by Rockfossil » September 11, 2016, 3:16 pm

I am currently being treated by Dr Yada (Prosthodontist), at Bangkok Hospital, here in Udon. I was referred to her by the "basic" dentist, as I needed implants completed. On the first visit, she examined all my teeth, told me what needed to be done and what didn't. She then gave me an "Appointment Sequence Estimate of treatment costs". I am now proceeding with the treatment. She is a Thai who has done quite a few years practise in the States, and has now come back to Udon, and only works two-three days per week. I find her extremely knowledgeable, competent and courteous in her treatment. I find the charges reasonable as I have had implants and other dental work carried out here in Thailand as well. I would not hesitate to recommend her to you to carry out your treatment. I have seen other praises for her on this forum before, so I was aware who she was when I initially went to seek further treatment locally.

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » September 12, 2016, 8:42 am

Thanks All,
I might give Dr Yada a go.
Mick

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » December 2, 2016, 10:54 pm

I met Dr. Yada this afternoon. My girlfriend had a bad toothache, so I took her over to Bangkok Hospital. Dr. Yada was in the waiting area and initiated a chat.

She speaks English fluently, and is obviously a bright and engaging person. She has a Ph.D.; though I'm not sure just what it's in. She is a prosthodontist (restorative dentistry), as mentioned upthread. Educated at Boston University Dental School, also spent some time in Seattle, and seems to know her stuff. She goes back to the U.S. every couple of months to consult and lecture. Overall, I was impressed and wouldn't hesitate to use her. She's only at Bangkok Hospital two days/week.

panick
udonmap.com

Post by panick » December 2, 2016, 11:33 pm

The one almost opposite the bus station if you were to walk straight across the road from Central Plaza! Gets my vote every time 8)
Bring back Saint

TJ
udonmap.com

Post by TJ » December 3, 2016, 7:13 am

I find these recommendations very useful and thank these posters for their testimonials of receiving good quality dental service.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » December 3, 2016, 9:17 am

My dentist who I've used for years trouble free is MAJ DR Saranya Kaewmat D.D.S. at the Rak Fun Dental clinic, 22/16-17 Rajpatsadu Road, Tel 042 222935. She is New York trained, her certificates are on the wall, she does cosmetic dentistry as well as general and I've always found her to be very reasonably priced, the surgery is very clean and as i say I've used this dentist for many years now.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

d1gromet
udonmap.com

Post by d1gromet » December 15, 2016, 9:57 am

vincemunday,
I have type Rak Fun Dental clinic udon, on google map. can not find. also can not find Rajpatsadu road. Can you give a business, hospital, or point of interest, this could be close too.

Balthasar G.
udonmap.com

Post by Balthasar G. » December 16, 2016, 4:33 pm

Rak Fun is in Soi Ratcha Phatsadu, Google map coordinates 17.404806, 102.790497. Ratcha Phatsadu is the street that runs from Phosri Rd to Sri Suk Rd with the Post Office on the corner. It is near the famous Maeya restaurant.
I hope I die in my sleep like my grand dad did, not screaming like his passengers

d1gromet
udonmap.com

Post by d1gromet » December 16, 2016, 5:08 pm

found it Thanks for the help.

AussieBoy
udonmap.com

Post by AussieBoy » April 12, 2017, 1:52 pm

Meet Dr yada yesterday, she was in BKK Hospital udon on emergency visit for some one else, had a tooth with a crown fail, and got infected, root canal was done before the crown was attached to what was left of existing tooth 3 years ago by another Udon Dentist, Dr yada looked at xray as second opition and both said can not use existing tooth not much left to attached, and can not use implant to close to Maxilla plate implant from car accident, need to bridge, Quote from Australian doctor was B70,000, Dr Yada quote was B50,000 to B55,000, was not that much difference to me as I am still working, about AU$600 . I would stick to my Aussie doctor.

First bridge I had done on lower teeth in Udon 5 years ago is still fine, cost then was B16,000, if double the price in last 5 years I thought about B30,000 for same procedure on upper teeth, a bridge between 2 teeth, If can have done for B40k will have done here in Udon, will go to get quotes today

1 Dr near bus station- to busy to see, go back next week,
2 Rak Fun- B30,000, plus any xrays
3 down the road from landmark B30,000, but won't do to risky after I told her blemish on face was treatment for Nonmelanoma Skin Cancer - she said go to hospital and have bridge done, strange reaction, no one else thought skin treatment would interfere with bridge work

I'll take Rak Fun for bridge work.
Last edited by AussieBoy on April 12, 2017, 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Master Builder

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » April 12, 2017, 2:55 pm

stattointhailand wrote:

Half those on here will vote for the one whose assistant has the biggest knockers :roll:
I hated going to the dentist in the UK,so if anyone has recommendations for the assistant with the biggest knockers,please. ;) ........only joking. =;
About two weeks ago I was eating some chocolate with hazlenuts......I thought "blimey,this nut is a bit hard" only to find part of my front tooth had chipped off ! #-o
So,hopefully,I'll be paying a visit to Dr.Yada after Songkran......
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”