Club cards,VIP cards.

General Udon Thani topics only!
Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Club cards,VIP cards.

Post by Marcosteffano » March 28, 2017, 12:09 pm

I've come to the conclusion that club cards,promotions,discounts and of course Thai special offers are a load of nonsense.they are absolutely useless,after spending over 500,000 ish in do house (something like that) I asked the customer service how many points I had,what can I get and was told nothing and had to wait until they have the promotion which I know would be when they want to off load old or non selling stock.as for bogof that's a joke.i also found out yesterday the practice of returning a item.the office wanted to give me a credit note and I demanded cash so they go to the section (upvc windows in this case) and make the whole section get money out of their own pockets to refund me and give the section the credit note.it wasn't even their fault and I was fuming.i asked for the manager but he was probably playing golf...took the credit note ,snapped the VIP card up and said stick that where the sun don't shine.its absolutely wrong and now I know why most of the assistants don't want to serve you as they don't want to get paid in credit notes...I'll shall not be shopping in there from today after I spend this credit note.i don't deal with companies with such rotten practices and there's plenty more shops to spend my money in.ps Tesco is the only club card that yesterday knocked off 58b after spending 2,000b....pays for the gasoline.all the other card cluttering up my wallet have been binned.

minimiglia
udonmap.com

Re: Club cards,VIP cards.

Post by minimiglia » March 28, 2017, 2:26 pm

Tops one is good as is the villa one.

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » March 28, 2017, 2:38 pm

Lots of rich Thais to make up the slack. They are not worried about your pennies.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » March 28, 2017, 2:52 pm

There's lots of value and excellent service at many merchants in Udon. All it takes is the willingness to shop around.

Most of the discounts associated with VIP cards, club cards and promotions usually don't amount to much anyway.
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » March 28, 2017, 3:13 pm

I agree. Kind of inconvenience really. With most of them you can just tell them the phone number associated with the card, so you don't need to carry it. I like the villa card because they just give you the discount everytime you rack up enough points when checking out. Simple.

At Tesco a couple of days ago buying 2K worth of groceries, cashier insisted on ringing up and paying four different times. :shock: I didn't really understand it, but I guess she was helping me get more discounts or points?
Whatever it was I really would have rather just paid once then all that messing around.
UFF DA!

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » March 28, 2017, 4:28 pm

Actually at Tesco they were trying to give you a deal. Spend so much get a discount. And it's no bother really if you are interested in saving some money. But if you have money to burn why look for a discount anyways????

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » March 28, 2017, 4:29 pm

Jello wrote: At Tesco a couple of days ago buying 2K worth of groceries, cashier insisted on ringing up and paying four different times. :shock: I didn't really understand it, but I guess she was helping me get more discounts or points?
Whatever it was I really would have rather just paid once then all that messing around.
Hmm, thats a new one. Sometimes Cashier will offer a discount of anywhere between 100 to 300 baht discount if I do 2 bills, most times using credit card, I will decline. When paying cash, will usually say ok. But 4 times, discount? no thanks.

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » March 28, 2017, 8:09 pm

Jello wrote:I agree. Kind of inconvenience really. With most of them you can just tell them the phone number associated with the card, so you don't need to carry it. I like the villa card because they just give you the discount everytime you rack up enough points when checking out. Simple.

At Tesco a couple of days ago buying 2K worth of groceries, cashier insisted on ringing up and paying four different times. :shock: I didn't really understand it, but I guess she was helping me get more discounts or points?

Yeah messing around for sure,
Wouldn't like to be the bloke behind you waiting while your cashier attendant is, messing around, to save you 20 baht.
Few dark looks I imagine. :evil:

But back to cards

My missus seems to get good petrol discount deals, In her opinion of course, on the fuel cards. She loves the free water. Goes off if I go and buy the lesser than 600 bht amount and don't get the water.

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » March 28, 2017, 9:25 pm

newtovillagelife wrote:Actually at Tesco they were trying to give you a deal. Spend so much get a discount. And it's no bother really if you are interested in saving some money. But if you have money to burn why look for a discount anyways????

Oh for sure I like to save money. Otherwise I wouldn't even use the tesco card. Just seems like such a cumbersome way to give the discount. Took a long time and was holding up other customers in line.
UFF DA!

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » March 29, 2017, 6:09 am

A little known thing about all these so called 'loyalty " cards is the recording factor .A few years ago when I was still a taxpayer and had a dispute with HM's tax collectors, they used the records from my Tesco card to show all my purchases for the previous three years , which were in dispute, the information was so detailed they not only revealed how many transactions were paid in cash or credit card , but the most surprising detailed info as to what brands of whiskey and baked beans I purchased and what time of the day I shopped .On top of this they used my frequent flyer card records, again with surprising , to me at the time , detailed information that not only listed my flights and class flown but which actual seat I had sat in and this is the one that most surprised me, the name of the people sitting in the seats adjoining me , to check if I was accompanied by family members on what was claimed as a business trip.Needless to say it made me very wary of any sort of card that might record my details. Thankfully as a retired non tax payer I don't have to worry any more but I still retain my doubts about the wisdom of there use .
Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » March 29, 2017, 4:33 pm

the wife has a wallet full of these cards.. Thank goodness most of them are keyed on her mobile number so she doesn't have to carry them.. Once in a great while we'll get a "reward" but not often...
Dave

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » March 29, 2017, 6:20 pm

The cashier at Tops gave me a nice discount not long ago.....I don't buy much, but must have accumulated enough for a discount. Then he gave me two 100 Baht coupons good for future purchases.

I use an MK Restaurant discount card......10% off. I think I pay annually for the card, but we eat there so often, we get our 100 or 200 baht back quickly.

Someone building a house has posted on this forum about getting sizeable discounts from Homepro as a result of large purchases.

Maybe it's a matter of reading the fine print......like on so many things.

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » March 29, 2017, 8:05 pm

parrot wrote:
Someone building a house has posted on this forum about getting sizeable discounts from Homepro as a result of large purchases.
Could have been me, I bought a kitchen and SMEG gas top stove and oven, from memory 650,000 THB or approx

I used credit cards to pay for it, Krungsri had a promotion for my birthday month, plus 10,000 THB back for Homepro purchases, then i got all these Homepro coupons , which paid for all the Electrical hot water units, in 2 bedrooms, 1 toilet / bathroom plus kitchen sink area, plus 2 kitchen taps and a double bowl sink.. Then got a wet dry vaccum cleaner included.

Homepro staff did challenge the double dipping as they called it, my call to Customer Service in BKK, clarified, it was all above board,

With the credit card purchases, I also converted the points into Thai Airways flights and upgrades.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » March 30, 2017, 3:22 pm

Jello wrote:I agree. Kind of inconvenience really. With most of them you can just tell them the phone number associated with the card, so you don't need to carry it. I like the villa card because they just give you the discount everytime you rack up enough points when checking out. Simple.

You probably got about 300 to 400 Baht discount from them by doing that. I recently got about 700 Baht off my bill by paying in that way. I perfectly happy paying in small amounts to save that much.

But maybe you don't want to bother and prefer not to save money.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » March 31, 2017, 10:45 am

sometimewoodworker wrote: But maybe you don't want to bother and prefer not to save money.
Read the whole thread SWW. 8)
Jello wrote: Oh for sure I like to save money. Otherwise I wouldn't even use the tesco card. Just seems like such a cumbersome way to give the discount..
UFF DA!

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » March 31, 2017, 1:12 pm

Jello wrote: Read the whole thread SWW. 8)
I did you said
Jello wrote:I didn't really understand it, but I guess she was helping me get more discounts or points?
You follow the system and it can take a while, and you can save money.

You don't bother, spend more and be quick. Your choice.

But don't expect them to change their system for your convince.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » March 31, 2017, 1:26 pm

sometimewoodworker wrote:
But don't expect them to change their system for your convince.
I don't expect anything I write here to change anything. Do you? :lol:

It inconveniences everyone waiting behind me in line. While I cant speak for the casher, seems it would also be easier for her if the system was set up to take my money and make change once rather that 4 times. 8)
UFF DA!

mac1966
udonmap.com

Post by mac1966 » March 31, 2017, 2:01 pm

I always use tesco coupons.

Nothing to do all day and all day to do it in

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Tapatalk

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”