Premier League 2017-18

General sports news and discussions.
mathusalah80
udonmap.com

Re: Premier League 2017-18

Post by mathusalah80 » April 14, 2018, 3:14 pm

Zidane wrote:
April 14, 2018, 9:12 am
Personally,I think there is more chance of me being named the father of Beyoncé's twins than there is of Citeh missing out on the title but Peps getting the excuses in......just in case !
Pep Guardiola: Manchester City boss says club could still miss out on Premier League title :badteeth:
Manchester City could still miss out on winning the Premier League title this season, says manager Pep Guardiola.
Despite a 13-point lead over second-placed Manchester United with six games left.
"My feeling is now that United will win a lot of points because they are in a good shape and have top players. They are able to win their games - all six.
City to play: Spurs; Swansea; WHU; Huddersfield; Brighton & Southampton. Current pts. 84. Poss. Max.102.
Utd to play: WBA; Spurs; Arsenal; Brighton; WHU & Watford. Current pts. 71. Poss Max. 89
So, IF City lose two games, (6pts.), and IF Utd win all six of the club's remaining games, Zid will be called upon to provide a service to Beyonce of a nature of which he has long ceased to be capable, or die in the effort. A case of 'damned if he does, and damned if he doesn't' :lol: :lol: \:D/ \:D/

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » April 14, 2018, 4:53 pm

mat,which School of Economics did you get your degree from ?? :-k
If City lose 2 games they can still get a maximum of 96 points whereas even if United win all 6 of theres they can only get 89 points ! =;
City just need to WIN 2 of their last 6 games to be sure of claiming the title.With a superior goal difference even 1 win and 2 draws would suffice.

Good luck to The Spuds tonight.If Poch takes my advice and doesn't play Danny Rose they should be OK....Alderweireld still not fully fit after his hamstring injury ,of course ! ;)
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

mathusalah80
udonmap.com

Post by mathusalah80 » April 14, 2018, 6:15 pm

Zidane wrote:
April 14, 2018, 4:53 pm
mat, which School of Economics did you get your degree from ?? :-k
City just need to WIN 2 of their last 6 games to be sure of claiming the title. With a superior goal difference even 1 win and 2 draws would suffice.
Good luck to The Spuds tonight. If Poch takes my advice and doesn't play Danny Rose they should be OK.
When I was doing the calculations, I just knewI was going to confuse myself about city's 2 win need to close out the title! :oops: :( The good news is that Zid can return to his fantasy football, which will put no where near the strain on his heart as would have competing with Jay-Z :D :lol:
Watching the performances of Rose during his last two games, I have to agree "Poch" has carried out a really excellent Mourinho style destruction of a former world class player. Given his treatment of Rose, I am left wondering at the depth of the rift, (bad feeling), between Poch & Alderweireld. Also, whether the Manager could not, perhaps, have found a better way to handle both these players, to the mutual benefit of both the club & the players?
For all his success to date, I still harbour some doubts about Pochettino's ability to compete with the top managers. I think his transfer actions and results over the 2018-19 season, will decide the answer to his managerial future.

laksnrub

Post by laksnrub » April 14, 2018, 11:10 pm

Any one follow local teams, in sport, Football ? baseball, what's to see as a spector in Udon, anything

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » April 15, 2018, 8:46 am

Football. Udon Thani FC. Facebook - EnglishUDFC Website www.englishudfc.com

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » April 15, 2018, 11:54 am

"Wow,looking at tonights fixtures its a footballing bonanza starting with Southampton v Chelsea at 6.30pm Thai and the late,late kick off Spuds v City which starts at 01.45am Sunday Thai.
The late,late match will probably not finish until 03.40am Thai which means its just over 9 hours of EPL action !
More gruelling for those watching on TV than the players..well done anyone who manages this marathon viewing ! :D"

Didn't quite manage the full house zid .
Watched the Soton v Chelski game then the Swansea v Everton game until the 90th min (well 90min 12 sec to be exact) then the lecky in Udon went off taking the wifi and the live stream down, By the time it returned at about half power (enough for the tv/wifi and fan but not the aircon :evil: ) the Everton game had finished. I then wached the Fulham v Brentford (West London Derby) and by the time the Spuds v City game finished they had restored full power to the lecky in much the same way that Citeh had returned full power to their title charge.

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » April 15, 2018, 12:47 pm

You did very well statts......biggest disappointment was The Spuds against Citeh.....The Spuds were shocking for the first half hour and it was a surprisingly easy victory for City......why on earth did Poch play Lamela instead of Son ? It can only be to get mat80 into a raging fury,surely ?
Southampton....2-0 up with 20 minutes to play and lose 3-2....that's there chance of saving themselves gone,I reckon.
Also watched Burnley v Leicester.....what a great season Burnley have had.....looking good for the Europa League next season.
As he hasn't published the results I can only assume that 747man fell asleep during the Swansea v Everton game like many watching,I believe......fortunately I didn't choose to watch it.

Southampton 2 Chelsea 3
Burnley 2 Leicester 1
Crystal Palace 3 Brighton 2......great result for Palace
Huddersfield 1 Watford 0.....also a great result for Huddersfield.....maybe enough to survive now.
Swansea 1 Everton 1.....fans turn on Allardyce (see below)
Liverpool 3 Bournemouth 0.....Liverpools great run continues.
The Spuds 1 Manchester City 3

Everton fans turn on Allardyce
While the spectre of relegation has all but vanished for Everton, there has been a creeping sense of discontent forming at Goodison Park.
Fans have become unhappy with the prosaic playing style under Allardyce, and there was little to quicken the pulse from his side here.
The visitors were fortunate not to fall behind in the first half but, at least when their first chance arrived, they took it.
On a rare counter-attack, Coleman's clipped cross found Yannick Bolasie unmarked at the back post and, although he and Idrissa Gueye both had shots saved by Lukasz Fabianski in quick succession, the ball bounced up and hit an unsuspecting Naughton before going in.
If that seemed like a false reprieve, it did not seem to fool Everton's fans, who expressed their displeasure with a string of derogatory chants about their team and manager.
And once Ayew equalised, the travelling supporters turned their fury specifically towards Allardyce, calling for his sacking after yet another uninspiring display.

Tonights games.....
Newcastle v Arsenal 7.30pm Thai
Manchester United v WBA 10pm Thai

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » April 15, 2018, 9:47 pm

Don't look over your shoulder 747 there's a team of Championship players closing in ......... :lol:

Love the commentator tonight ,,,,,, "PEA cost more than the whole Newcastle team"
11Prem.jpg

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » April 16, 2018, 12:00 am

As he hasn't published the results I can only assume that 747man fell asleep during the Swansea v Everton game like many watching,I believe......fortunately I didn't choose to watch it........

555 !! There was LOADS Fell asleep at the Theatre of Dreams too Watching THAT, Mind You it was almost Empty 10 Minutes from the end....Those that were left were'nt very happy either....555 !!

FT Manchester United 0 - 1 West Bromwich Albion

And that CONFIRMS That Manchester CITY Are Premiership Champions !!!

5 - Man City have won the Premier League title with five games remaining; equalling the English top-flight record. They have equalled the efforts of Manchester United (1907-08 and 2000-01) and Everton (1984-85) :shock: :shock: who all won the top-flight title with five games to spare. Cruise.
Last edited by 747man on April 16, 2018, 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » April 16, 2018, 12:02 am

stattointhailand wrote:
April 15, 2018, 9:47 pm
Don't look over your shoulder 747 there's a team of Championship players closing in ......... :lol:

Love the commentator tonight ,,,,,, "PEA cost more than the whole Newcastle team"

11Prem.jpg
It's O.K Mate see you at Goodison next Tuesday Morning 02.00 am Kick Off..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

goodison
udonmap.com

Post by goodison » April 16, 2018, 6:33 am

Just wonder what's worse, a point in South Wales or losing at home to the bottom club. At least Jay Rodriguez can tell his Grandchildren that "he scored the goal that won the English Premier League title" albeit for Manchester City, he doesn't have to say who he was playing for, but he might mention the opponents and, furthermore the venue!

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » April 16, 2018, 7:50 am

Newcastle 2 Arsenal 1
A very entertaining game which I thought,overall,Newcastle deserved to win.A typical Arsenal away performance,plenty of pretty passing football but no end product.One Newcastle player who has impressed me this season is Lascelles....did he used to play for Forest ? If Newcastle win at Everton next week they could be as high as 8th in the table which is a big tribute to Benitez who has worked small miracles with a very low budget.

Manchester United 0 WBA 1
In complete contrast this was an even bigger load of sh*te than the performance against Sevilla which takes some doing.Even worse than that,the posts from 747man and goodison make sense ! After the second half performance against City you would have thought Mourinho would have let them play free flowing football against the bottom club.Next year is his 3rd season where it usually goes badly wrong and he could end up replacing Allardyce at The Toffees.

Tonights match is West Ham v Stoke on at 2am Tuesday Thai.....another nail in Stokes coffin ?

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » April 16, 2018, 8:03 am

fixtures.png

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » April 16, 2018, 1:49 pm

And is there NOBODY out there that sees what Jose has managed ...... stopped the party last week and then give them the title when they are all on various golf courses and pubs up and down the country and cant celebrate with the fans at the final whistle ........... masterstroke ...... we cant do it but i'm going to make sure you don't get that special moment :lol:

mathusalah80
udonmap.com

Post by mathusalah80 » April 16, 2018, 2:05 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
April 16, 2018, 1:49 pm
And is there NOBODY out there that sees what Jose has managed ...... we cant do it but I'm going to make sure you don't get that special moment :lol:
Shame on you, Statts [-X ; if you continue to carry on like that, 'you know who' will accuse you of being obsessed with unworthy opinions against his hero! ;) \:D/ \:D/

Return to “World Sports”