Premier League 2017-18

General sports news and discussions.
stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Re: Premier League 2017-18

Post by stattointhailand » January 14, 2018, 12:29 pm

They are showing Bomo v Arsenal at 20:00 (KO 20:30) and then BVB v Wolfsburg at 23;30 PPTV Ch36

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » January 14, 2018, 1:58 pm

One Word From Me.........................ABYSMAL !!!!!!!

kulsungkham
udonmap.com

Post by kulsungkham » January 15, 2018, 12:58 am

Stunning match at Anfield - Liverpool 4 Manchester City 3.

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » January 15, 2018, 9:34 am

kulsungkham wrote:
January 15, 2018, 12:58 am
Indeed it was a stunning match......fabulous and superb are other superlatives to describe it.It was even at 1-1 at the hour mark until two goals in two minutes swung the match decisively in Liverpools favour.Salah pounced on Edersons mistake a few minutes later to make it 4-1 and it looked like it was all over but,no,City to their credit grabbed two goals in the last 6 minutes to set up a grandstand finished.
When it was announced Van Dijk was out injured I feared for Liverpools defence but they did just about enough to hang on.I thought the left back,Robertson,played very well but Karius another dodgy keeper.
Citys 22 match unbeaten run is over and Liverpool showed if you can play a high tempo game against them their defence is vulnerable.

Arsenals season is on the wane fast.They look destined to come 6th and are on the slide.They shaded the first half against Bournemouth but in the second half,after taking the lead,they conceded two goals in quick succession which led to their 2-1 defeat.
Jack Wilshere may once again be an important figure in their midfield but he's no Alexis Sanchez.Indeed,without the Chilean,Arsenal look distinctly mid-table.....just sayin'.
But a great win for Bournemouth who continue to defy the odds and survive in the Premiership.Up to 13th now and theres probably half a dozen teams,at least,who are worse than them.
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » January 15, 2018, 10:36 am

Pep needs a keeper that can put his foot through the ball in this transfer window :-k

When asked to boot it into row z he calmly passes it to Salah who chips him for the fourth goal [-X

Couldn't believe what I was seeing ..... 2 mins to go (+ added time) and that bloody idiot Edison is dropping the ball at John Stones feet 6 ins outside the penalty box [-X wasn't he aware they needed the ball at THE OTHER END if they were to score TWO goals :confused:

If he's quick he might be able to get Joe Hart on loan till the end of the season ........ Salah would have needed to be pretty good to lob him from a throw in 50 yds from goal.

Special thanks to Liverpool for ending Citeh's run ............ just in time for a very angry and eager to make amends Citeh side to play Newcastle at the City of Manchester Stadium ...... thanx a bunch :evil:

TAXIfor7/11
udonmap.com

Post by TAXIfor7/11 » January 15, 2018, 10:45 am

Im just glad liverpool never got a penalty otherwise the controversial cabbie would of been on with the predictable,''lucky liverPOO''Comment

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » January 15, 2018, 10:57 am

..... just in time for a very angry and eager to make amends Citeh side to play Newcastle at the City of Manchester Stadium ...... thanx a bunch........

Oooohhh !! I Can see someone getting SMASHED !!!

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » January 15, 2018, 11:46 am

747man wrote:
January 15, 2018, 10:57 am
..... just in time for a very angry and eager to make amends Citeh side to play Newcastle at the City of Manchester Stadium ...... thanx a bunch........

Oooohhh !! I Can see someone getting SMASHED !!!
No 747, I think Citeh will be ok ........ it was just a "one off" :lol:

Mind you if the Toon have all their new signings playing :-k

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » January 15, 2018, 11:50 am

Statts This one about The Toon......

Jurgen Klopp the Liverpool manager flies to Kabul to watch a young Afghani play football. He is suitably impressed and arranges for the player to come over.

Two weeks later Liverpool are 2-0 down to Newcastle with only 20 minutes left The manager gives the young Afghani striker the nod, and on he goes.

The lad is a sensation. He scores 3 goals in 20 minutes and wins the game for Liverpool . The fans are delighted, the players and the coach are delighted and the media love the new star.

When the player comes off the pitch he phones his mum to tell her about his first day in English football.

'Hello mum, guess what?' he says 'I played for 20 minutes today, we were 2 - 0 down but I scored 3, they call it a hat-trick, and we won. Everybody loves me, the fans, the press, they all love me.'

'Just wonderful,' says his mum, 'Let me tell you about my day

Your father got shot in the street, your sister and I were ambushed and assaulted, she would have been raped but for a passing police vehicle.

Your brother has joined a local gang of looters and set fire to some buildings and all while you tell me that you were having a great time!!'

The young lad is very upset. 'What can I say mum, but I'm really sorry.'

Sorry?!!! Sorry?!!!' says his mum.

'It's your bloody fault we came to Liverpool in the first place!'

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » January 15, 2018, 11:59 am

:lol: =D> =D>

As good as last nights game was, it was still "namby pamby footy" with lord knows how many defensive c*ck-up's and weak tackles. Not a patch on the "classic" 4- 3's of yesteryear [-X

mathusalah80
udonmap.com

Post by mathusalah80 » January 15, 2018, 2:23 pm

kulsungkham wrote:
January 15, 2018, 12:58 am

For weeks we have been speculating about which team would prove capable of stopping the unbeaten run of these rampaging City players; no one could have predicted that it would be they, themselves, that would so dramatically self destruct. :shock:
Since,( rashly assuming Utd will win tonight :-" ), Utd would have to win a minimum of five more games than City, or either Liverpool or Chelsea six games more, before season's end, I cannot see last night's result affecting City's march to the EPL title. That is not to say that Guardiola will not be taking a hard look at the defensive shortcomings of both John Stone & Otomendi, when placed under pressure, as they were last night.
Outstanding professional that he is, Klopp will not let his delight at last night's important result, blind him to the fact that the victory was part Liverpool's performance and, ( a large), part a gift from City. Also that , while making impressive improvement this season, his team is still ' a work in progress' . Finding an available playmaker/striker anywhere near the calibre of Coutinho is nigh impossible, although Mahrez, whom I rate highly, might be tempted, with Liverpool now showing some promise of returning to the club's glory days. Perhaps also Klopp could do a Mourinho on Mourinho, and steal Danny Rose from under his nose! :D How Klopp is going to solve his most pressing problem, namely finding a goalkeeper, I leave him to solve! :-k
The abject handling of the Sanchez & Ozil 'situations' , ( with, I suspect, the ever loyal Wenger being used as the front man by the businessmen owners), has clearly had a very major adverse affect on the players, Wenger the fans & the club. With the departures of Sanchez & Ozil, which in the best interests of the club should be implemented immediately, harmony can be restored in the dressing room, and the huge task of rebuilding commenced, without further delay. In short, a new beginning. Sadly, I think it would be impractical and unrealistic to undertake this under the continuing managership of Arsne Wenger. An icon among football managers and who, virtually singlehandedly, has been responsible for the past twenty years of producing teams, and finding & nurturing talent, which have given delight to millions of fans, worldwide. A far cry from those modern, so called world class managers, who build their careers and reputations moving from mega rich club to mega rich club, where they surround themselves with massive backroom staff and simply buy in the top available international players from around the world.
Chelsea also are finding it difficult, currently, to maintain any consistency of form. Yet, despite some obvious weaknesses in the squad, which internal politics appear to be preventing Conte from remedying, the players seem to be unified and prepared to battle out every game. Chelsea could yet prove a threat to The Mouth's now adjusted hopes of Utd at least finishing second. To paraphrase another members recent comment, about a different manager: 'I wonder what totally ridiculous comment , or demented histrionics, The Mouth would dream up, to distract attention from another managerial failure' :lol: :lol: Even better, just imagine Liverpool also join in the fun , and push Utd down into fourth place. \:D/ \:D/

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » January 15, 2018, 3:13 pm

Very sad news and aged only 59.I remember him as part of that excellent West Brom team in the early 80's under Ron Atkinson.....RIP Cyrille.

WEST BROM legend Cyrille Regis has died aged 59 of a suspected heart attack, it has been announced.
The former Baggies, Coventry and England striker was idolised by the Hawthorns faithful.
Part of the Baggies' trailblazing team of the 80's, Regis famously teamed up with iconic black West Brom stars Laurie Cunningham and Brendon Batson to devastating effect.
The 'Three Degrees' broke the mould in English football and helped show the way for countless other black players break through and change English football.
Regis won five caps for England between 1982 and 87, despite being eligible to play for France, having been born in French Guiana in 1958.

JimboPSM
udonmap.com

Post by JimboPSM » January 15, 2018, 3:25 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
January 15, 2018, 11:59 am
:lol: =D> =D>

As good as last nights game was, it was still "namby pamby footy" with lord knows how many defensive c*ck-up's and weak tackles. Not a patch on the "classic" 4- 3's of yesteryear [-X
I was at an absolutely classic 4 – 3 match on 11th May 1968 at St James' Park :D
Ashamed to be English since 23rd June 2016 when England voted for racism & economic suicide.

Disgusted that the UK is “governed” by a squalid bunch of economically illiterate, self-serving, sleazy and corrupt neo-fascists.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » January 15, 2018, 4:50 pm

Preferred 24 Oct 2004 actually :lol:

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » January 15, 2018, 6:41 pm

Paul Lambert the new Stoke manager !
I think their fans will be a bit underwhelmed by that appointment.😟

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » January 15, 2018, 7:28 pm

Unbelievably yet another (ex) manager who has appeared on Keys & Gray show then got a Premier Lge Job.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » January 15, 2018, 7:41 pm

It would appear that owners only watch the Keys & Gray show for inspiration... :D
Mind you, he was 4th. choice, by all accounts..

His 'Premiership record' - Aston Villa and Norwich - suggests that he will win, at best, a third of the games he manages.
15 games to go.. 5 wins..15 points, added to current 20 = 35. Plus draw another 4 = 39....
Tight for safety to be sure!!

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » January 15, 2018, 7:50 pm

Apparently he also applied for the jobs at Hull and Sheffield Wednesday and missed out on both.
Mind you,we all doubted David Moyes..... :D

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » January 15, 2018, 8:22 pm

Zidane wrote:
January 15, 2018, 7:50 pm
Apparently he also applied for the jobs at Hull and Sheffield Wednesday and missed out on both.
Mind you,we all doubted David Moyes..... :D
To quote Shaka Hislop ..... "I'll wait till the summer before I say I might have got that one wrong" :lol:

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » January 16, 2018, 6:44 am

Manchester United 3 Stoke 0
Easy win for United against a poor Stoke side.Pogba starred,setting up first half goals for Valencia and Martial.Lukaku added a third in the second half.
Not a great game to watch as United hardly had to break sweat to win.
Stoke look in deep trouble.Even worse now Paul Lambert is their new manager !

Return to “World Sports”