Udon Thani Masonic Lodge

General Udon Thani topics only!
thaiguzzi
udonmap.com

Re: Udon Thani Masonic Lodge

Post by thaiguzzi » July 14, 2017, 1:11 pm

I'm outta here (this forum)!!
Lived in Udon province for 14 years, there's some real nutters about these days.
Religious Zealots on one thread, now we've got the Freemasons on another.
The place has gone to pot...

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Post by Marcosteffano » July 14, 2017, 2:41 pm

thaiguzzi wrote:
July 14, 2017, 1:11 pm
Lived in Udon province for 14 years, there's some real nutters about these days.
That's nothing soon a branch of the wvs women's voluntary service is coming also a Darby and Joan club,followed by the Salvation Army musical meetings for a good old sing song.freemasons,what a load of b&;;0x.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » July 14, 2017, 4:10 pm

There seems to be a bit of concern and a few misconceptions about Freemasonry, please take a look at the link below and it should go some way to explaining who and what we are.

To all of those who have shown an interest, it seems we most likely have enough people to start a lodge here in Udon, I shall investigate what needs to be done and contact all those who have shown an interest. Please contact me on [email protected] if you are MM or above, I'm particularly interested in hearing from PM's.

http://ugle.org.uk/about-freemasonry
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

plumbers
udonmap.com

Post by plumbers » July 14, 2017, 4:32 pm

I agree thaiguzzi we have enough weirdos now the funny hand shake brigade , secret meetings behind closed doors .
All sharing their school boy secrets .

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » July 14, 2017, 4:56 pm

thaiguzzi wrote:
July 14, 2017, 1:11 pm

I thought you had to be a religous zealot to become a freemason? ........... You can forget it if your catholic however as the Catholic church condemns freemasonry [-X

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » July 14, 2017, 5:14 pm

Freemasons are a secretive mob, had a couple of mates accepted into the fold many years ago. They actually changed a fair bit socially and in my opinion not for the better. They were good surfers but didn't come out to play with us to much after that. They became reclusive and went off the map. Maybe they enjoyed the lifestyle and mind set that any type of religious group can provide to one another.
Yes they were believers in a god, pre requisite I believe, which left me out.
As a young kid I always thought the lodge near us was a meeting place for professional orchestra guys. Had the same formal wear as that group.
But never saw any woman.
Closest thing growing up to learning about Freemason was the Flintstones. Fred and Barney were masons.

I'm sure your group will prosper, will be interesting if you can keep the group going over time without the younger generation of Thais being interested and not god believers.

showman

Post by showman » July 15, 2017, 4:53 pm

Having lived in Udon since 1989 .it used to be a great place.But it is unfortunate that about 15 years ago the nutters started to move in

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » July 17, 2017, 6:36 am

Lunatics, the lot of them, Sir Winston Churchill, Benjamin Franklin, Roosevelt, Sugar Ray, Oscar Wilde.....

http://www.dummies.com/religion/spiritu ... reemasons/
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » July 17, 2017, 7:43 am

They will all be back to there home lands in a few years thaiguzzi, they come here, get bored, then try to create things from there homeland here because they don't know what to do with themselves, they will be gone in no time, about five years is the norm, there just speed bumps... Lodges and secret society's, get real you blokes.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » July 17, 2017, 8:09 am

vincemunday wrote:
July 17, 2017, 6:36 am
Lunatics, the lot of them, Sir Winston Churchill, Benjamin Franklin, Roosevelt, Sugar Ray, Oscar Wilde.....

BLIMEY ........ who your dad knew at the lodge, can get you on the promotion fast track even further than I thought it could :evil:

SJP17
udonmap.com

Post by SJP17 » July 17, 2017, 3:14 pm

I think there are more than enough quality eateries, bars, shops for folk to meet up in and no need for a masonic lodge.

Folk here always said people that were in it got off with drink driving etc..... and that it helped them get good jobs , but who knows it all seems a bit pointless to me and not something I would have any interest in.

Regarding oddballs in Udon these days we were sitting having a Pad Thai at the roadside one day and this American bloke stopped his bike and started going on about the new world order and that the governments in the west were going to declare Marshall law and start executing citizens to reduce population numbers, there was loads of other stuff he ranted on about until Id had enough and politely asked him to leave and he then drove off shouting about it all. Very strange.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 17, 2017, 3:57 pm

vincemunday wrote:
July 17, 2017, 6:36 am

Don't get me started on Operation Tiberius.

"Concerns over the influence of freemasons on the criminal justice system in 1998 led former Home Secretary Jack Straw to order that all police officers and judges should declare membership of the organisation.

However, ten of Britain’s 43 police forces refused to take part and the policy was dropped under threat of legal action. In England and Wales, the Grand Master of the Freemasons is Prince Edward, Duke of Kent."

Nothing to see here. Move along now.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » July 17, 2017, 5:40 pm

""Concerns over the influence of freemasons on the criminal justice system in 1998 led former Home Secretary Jack Straw to order that all police officers and judges should declare membership of the organisation."

Lets face it that's what SHOULD be happening anyway.

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » July 17, 2017, 9:40 pm

They will all be back to there home lands in a few years thaiguzzi, they come here, get bored, then try to create things from there homeland here because they don't know what to do with themselves, they will be gone in no time, about five years is the norm, there just speed bumps... Lodges and secret society's, get real you blokes.

Must have skipped school when they were teaching English ( and I am a Jock )

jimjay
udonmap.com

Post by jimjay » July 18, 2017, 9:09 am

What will these faux Aristocratic types think of next.

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » July 18, 2017, 10:20 am

SJP17 wrote:
July 17, 2017, 3:14 pm
I think there are more than enough quality eateries, bars, shops for folk to meet up in and no need for a masonic lodge.

Folk here always said people that were in it got off with drink driving etc..... and that it helped them get good jobs , but who knows it all seems a bit pointless to me and not something I would have any interest in.

Regarding oddballs in Udon these days we were sitting having a Pad Thai at the roadside one day and this American bloke stopped his bike and started going on about the new world order and that the governments in the west were going to declare Marshall law and start executing citizens to reduce population numbers, there was loads of other stuff he ranted on about until Id had enough and politely asked him to leave and he then drove off shouting about it all. Very strange.
Think I must have met him in Tool Pro recently. Just in to pick up my just serviced mower and he stood watching us, I made the mistake of being polite and saying hello, that led to a 20 minute tirade and about the cost of these things in Thailand compared to "back home", presumably stateside which then led to a ramble about the cost of everything here, obviously a very disgruntled man, he failed to pick up on my suggestion he should go back home and kept going on, eventually I just got back in my motor and shut the door, didn't shut him up though, instead he directed his ramblings to my wife who was still outside trying to talk to the mechanic . Eventually she got the hint to ignore him and get in the car also, only to turn on me and say it was my fault for saying hello to strangers. Suppose she was correct really, they don't come any stranger than this one .So if you get blanked by this Englishman when in the center, sorry but once bitten twice shy applies .As for getting into some society with a group of funny hand shaking members and engaging in who knows what activity every week, I'll leave that for the birds.
Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » July 18, 2017, 12:47 pm

Felix ??

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » July 18, 2017, 4:32 pm

wazza wrote:
July 18, 2017, 12:47 pm
Felix ??
Attachments
Cat.png
Cat.png (10.96 KiB) Viewed 3701 times

pbruce

Post by pbruce » July 22, 2017, 10:35 am

vincemunday wrote:
July 9, 2017, 1:58 pm
Are there any Freemasons in Udon Thani interested in founding a new lodge? We would need 7 members, an ex Grand Master to effect an installation of a master and somewhere to meet. In the first instance email me at [email protected]
I would be interested in being a part of Lodge in Udon Thani.
I have been member (mm) on and off over many years in Melbourne and Victoria.
Moved permanently to Thailand recently sadly left my apron there when I left.
The only office I held was I.G.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » July 22, 2017, 5:41 pm

We definitely have enough interest to open a lodge in UT. I am in touch with the St John lodge in BKK and I shall be going through what we need to do to get things started. Please watch this space, as soon as I have information I shall post it here.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”