Grass Roots Footie 2017/18

General sports news and discussions.
BobHelm
udonmap.com

Re: Grass Roots Footie 2017/18

Post by BobHelm » April 21, 2018, 7:27 am

Millwall 0 Fulham 3
Real top of the table clash between 2 of the inform sides of the Championship, as 6th. placed Millwall (undefeated in 17) played host to 3rd. placed near neighbours Fulham (undefeated in 21).
The first half was a tight affair that ended nil, nil. However it was a much improved Fulham side that came out for the second half & they just swept the home side away.
They move into second, 2 points above Cardiff but the blues (or is it reds these days??) have 2 games in hand.
Millwall stay just in a play off spot but Derby are only 2 points behind with 2 games in hand & both Preston & Sheff Utd 3 points behind with a game in hand..

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » April 21, 2018, 10:30 am

BobHelm wrote:
April 21, 2018, 7:27 am
Millwall 0 Fulham 3
Real top of the table clash between 2 of the inform sides of the Championship, as 6th. placed Millwall (undefeated in 17) played host to 3rd. placed near neighbours Fulham (undefeated in 21).
The first half was a tight affair that ended nil, nil. However it was a much improved Fulham side that came out for the second half & they just swept the home side away.
They move into second, 2 points above Cardiff but the blues (or is it reds these days??) have 2 games in hand.
Millwall stay just in a play off spot but Derby are only 2 points behind with 2 games in hand & both Preston & Sheff Utd 3 points behind with a game in hand..
And only 31 pts ahead of Leeds who also have a game in hand :shock:

Adhoc
udonmap.com

Post by Adhoc » April 21, 2018, 11:03 am

stattointhailand wrote:
April 21, 2018, 10:30 am
And only 31 pts ahead of Leeds who also have a game in hand :shock:
I can see it now, the mighty whites closing the gap between now and the end of the season to only 22 points. :roll:
BTW, the word is next Leeds manager - Mick McCarthy.
Is it August yet?
On the local front, a big game for 6th place Udon taking on 5th place Khon Kaen at 6pm tonight. Both teams need the points to keep up with the top 4.
Tomorrow sees top of the table Nongbua Pitchaya away to bottom team Krabi.

MOT

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » April 21, 2018, 8:34 pm

Macclesfield promoted to EFL
Eastleigh 0 Macclesfield Town 2
Congratulations Zid...see you at Town next season!!! :D

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » April 22, 2018, 4:11 am

Thanks Bob.A fantastic achievement by manager,John Askey and the players.
Macc have the 4th lowest budget in the Conference.
Hope Tranmere go up via the play offs....a good club with decent fans.
Didnt watch any of last nights footie as I,m out in the sticks at Mukdahan for a few days...had to follow events via my i-phone.
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » April 22, 2018, 8:25 am

Leeds United 2 Barnsley 1
Scunthorpe United 1 Walsall 0
Cambridge United 4 Cheltenham Town 3
Forest Green Rovers 4 Chesterfield 1
Mansfield Town 1 Port Vale 1
With only 1 Premier 3 pm kick off game yesterday my attention was focused on the Championship where things are reaching a climax.
Wolves carried on doing what they have been doing all season - scoring goals while not conceding. With a couple to play they seal up the Championship on 98 points & a goal difference of + 46.
In the late game Cardiff eased past Forest to go back second by a point with a game still in hand over 3rd. placed Fulham.
Villa continue to win & are a further 3 points behind, but you have to feel that the second spot is going to Cardiff or Fulham.
Big gap of 10 points down to the other play off contenders with Boro in 5th. followed by Millwall in the current final spot. However Sheffield Wednesday in 11th. spot are only 3 points away from a spot themselves.
At the bottom Sunderland lost to Burton Albion (who were immediately above them) & so continue their demise down to League 1. Burton Albion gave themselves hope of avoiding that themselves with the win, but are still a couple of points from safety. Leeds (with nothing to play for) did near neighbours & 3rd. from bottom, Barnsley, no favours by beating them. In the area above the drop Bolton don't look like they can win much, but don't need to if those below can't. Birmingham City who were below Bolton ease their pressure with the win against Sheffield United.

The Iron did just enough against relegation worried Walsall & look like clinching the last play off spot.
Wigan clinch an automatic promotion spot after thumping Fleetwood. Blackburn look like being the other automatic movers as the are now 7 points above the Shrews with 3 to play.

Hell of a game at the University as Cheltenham became the first side to score of all the 3pm kick offs but still managed to lose a 7 goal thriller. Mo Eisa got anther couple to raise my concerns that it is doubtful if the youngster will kick off next season at Whaddon Road.. :(
Big win for Rovers against the bottom side. Now almost a certainty that they will be playing League football again next season.
Another very good result by Vale away at a side with play off hopes. Their early form left them struggling at the wrong end of the table for most of the season but they have put some decent results together as the season is ending..

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » April 22, 2018, 11:15 am

Nice to see that Sunderland can now officially start planning for their trip to Accrington Stanley next season \:D/

Mags are staying up and the Mackems going down AGAIN :drunk:
11mackem2.jpg
11mackem2.jpg (25 KiB) Viewed 956 times
11mackem1.jpg

magpie73
udonmap.com

Post by magpie73 » April 22, 2018, 7:13 pm

the smb didn't even know they were relegated at the final whistle plus no one turned up to speak to any journo's after the game lalas toon toon

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » April 23, 2018, 8:49 am

Tuesday 24th April

Derby County 19:45 Cardiff City On Sky
Yeovil Town 19:45 Forest Green Rovers

Friday 27th April

Fulham 19:45 Sunderland On Sky

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » April 24, 2018, 5:12 pm

Suppose it's a sign of the times and the level that Leeds are now operating :-"

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/43877716

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » April 25, 2018, 7:57 am

Derby County 3 Cardiff City 1
Nottingham Forest 3 Barnsley 0
Bit of a blow for Cardiff who were leading but then lose out to a Derby side who were on a bit of a slump as the season comes to a climax. Cardiff stay second by a point & Derby sneak back into the last play off spot
At the other end of the table, Barnsley do their survival hopes no good at all & remain in the drop out zone..

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » April 25, 2018, 8:28 am

Yeovil Town 0 Forest Green Rovers 0
the 1 point is enough to ensure that Rovers will be in League 2 again next season. Congratulations to them after what proved to be a tough introduction to the League.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » April 25, 2018, 8:34 am

Tranmere 1 Solihull Moors 2
With all hope of catching league winners Macclesfield gone at the weekend. second placed Tranmere slump to a rare loss. They are ensured of a play off semi final place already, but you want to go into those winning rather than on holiday. The 3 points ensure that Solihull will compete again in this league next season, so maybe they wanted the result just a bit more..

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » April 25, 2018, 11:30 am

Leeds 'morally corrupt' if Myanmar tour goes ahead says Dr Rosena Allin-Khan
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43888956
The club's Supporters' Trust said the tour was a "strange and controversial choice".
I think that about sums it up best... You would have thought that there were plenty of alternative non strange & controversial choices out there...

Mind you saying that... I am off there next month... :oops: :D

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » April 25, 2018, 12:08 pm

"Mind you saying that... I am off there next month... :oops: :D"

Closet Leeds 'ooligan :lol:

It's a nice final jolly for those out of contract on June 1st :lol:

Of course if someone suggested playing more league/cup matches during the season, they would all be complaining about "too many games" players risking injury etc etc etc :evil:

Just had a great idea ........ instead of a "mid winter break" lets have a break between Mid May and August .... think of the advantages ..... players get rest, get time with wife kids, can have hols during better weather, teams can do transfer business, fans have a rest from travelling all over the country/continent/world, Royal family can organise weddings without considering the inconvenience to the public (oh 'ang on they do that anyway :evil: )

Nigglyb
udonmap.com

Post by Nigglyb » April 25, 2018, 7:40 pm

Its got nothing to do with Radrizzani owning the tv rights package in the region. Nothing at all. Nothing

Move along now
Nothing to see here :D
May the bridges I burn light the path in front of me

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » April 25, 2018, 7:57 pm

Nah, cant be anything like that as Burma tv 2 are showing a repeat of The Road to Mandalay so nobody would bother watching Leeds anyway (bit like in UK when its Leeds match or The Sound of Music again :lol: )

Nigglyb
udonmap.com

Post by Nigglyb » April 25, 2018, 11:16 pm

I’m the black parrot of bad luck if I watch the Mighty White play so I’ve taken to just finding out the score after the match. Statistically there’s more chance of a win this way
May the bridges I burn light the path in front of me

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » April 26, 2018, 11:54 am

Nigglyb wrote:
April 25, 2018, 11:16 pm
I’m the black parrot of bad luck if I watch the Mighty White play so I’ve taken to just finding out the score after the match. Statistically there’s more chance of a win this way

Having seen highlights of Leeds last home match it would seem that there are several thousand that agree with you :lol:

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » April 26, 2018, 6:32 pm

Don't the Rangers board think that Celtic have enough of an advantage already ???

GERRARD AT RANGERS?

Steven Gerrard is in talks to become the next Rangers manager, according to The Sun.

The former Liverpool midfielder is keen to take a role in management and is currently working with the Liverpool youth team.

Return to “World Sports”