What is this?

Have a question or comment about Shopping in Udon Thani? Post it here!
trubrit
udonmap.com

What is this?

Post by trubrit » September 17, 2017, 9:34 am

A friend bought me this in Villa, it was on the wine shelves and cost about 400bht I think .
DSCN3066.jpg[/attachment [attachment=0]DSCN3065.jpg
No where on the label does it describe is at a wine nor does it say it's contains grape or other fruits , simply says cranberry flavour was added,it goes on to say it's an Aromatized Alcholic Beverage , no mention at all of what the liquid content might be , guess it's water ., it also says it contains sulphates and is 13.5%alch vol.Product of Sth Africa.
red , smooth and fruity it may be but I am scared to even try it .Anyone any ideas what it might contain ?Serious answers only please, I'm already worried enough .
Attachments
DSCN3065.jpg
DSCN3066.jpg

Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Re: What is this?

Post by vincemunday » September 17, 2017, 10:02 am

I don't know if this wiki helps much, but who is it produced and bottled by?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aromatised_wine

http://www.originwine.co.za/ourBrands

Apparently these people will bottle and brand wines according to a customers requirements, the bottling company seem legit enough, I'd probably drink it.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » September 17, 2017, 10:04 am

Val, DON'T Be Scared..................You can only die ONCE.....

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » September 17, 2017, 11:14 am

747man wrote:
September 17, 2017, 10:04 am
I know that but I intend seeing Arsenal winning the premier first, so it might be a long time yet. :-" .

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » September 17, 2017, 11:16 am

I believe that it is fairly low quality South African wine to which is added fruit juice to increase the taste & probably take away some of the original wine sharpness.

Villa in the Landmark location used to sell 5 litre boxes of it at a fairly low price (800 odd baht from memory). It is not something that I would want to accompany a nice meal, but chilled it is an acceptable way of quenching a thirst!!

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » September 17, 2017, 11:30 am

BobHelm wrote:
September 17, 2017, 11:16 am
I believe that it is fairly low quality South African wine to which is added fruit juice to increase the taste & probably take away some of the original wine sharpness.

Villa in the Landmark location used to sell 5 litre boxes of it at a fairly low price (800 odd baht from memory). It is not something that I would want to accompany a nice meal, but chilled it is an acceptable way of quenching a thirst!!
Thanks for that Bob. I was worried because the words Wine and fruit juice doesn't appear anywhere on the bottle .
I am used to drinking fortified wines as have been a lover of dry sherry and port for years but the lack of any ingredient description rather puzzled me .Will more than likely give it to the missus to share with her friends, they drink anything and everything at their weekly chin wag. :-"

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » September 17, 2017, 3:36 pm

trubrit wrote:
September 17, 2017, 11:14 am
747man wrote:
September 17, 2017, 10:04 am
I know that but I intend seeing Arsenal winning the premier first, so it might be a long time yet. :-" .
Oh,It Will be a Very LONG Time then Val.... :lol: :lol:

Return to “Udon Thani Shopping”