Are you anti-Iphone, like me? Why? Tell the truth

General Udon Thani topics only!
seagulls
udonmap.com

Re: Are you anti-Iphone, like me? Why? Tell the truth

Post by seagulls » November 16, 2017, 6:09 pm

My prime objections to the current phone is primarily ergonomic .It is not at all intuitive (Which end is which)
especially when you are half asleep and trying to answer the Bloody thing . It is heavy in the pocket ect ect
the list goes on . My old phone was so much more user frienly

Nigglyb
udonmap.com

Post by Nigglyb » November 16, 2017, 8:59 pm

Bring back the 8210 :)
May the bridges I burn light the path in front of me

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 16, 2017, 10:18 pm

I am apple-averse but I think iPhone has handled the backward compatibility of their products much better than google has with their android product.

When one buys a new android phone, it clips along nicely and over the first year gets 2 or 3 OTA firmware updates. Then, when it starts to get slow and glitchy, one is recommended to uninstall unneeded apps and worst case, do a factory reset. If you do this properly, it will also re-install your previously installed apps (so best done overnight). However, within a few weeks or months, it gets slow and glitchy again and eventually one says sod it and forks out for a new one which simply flies along line the old one used to... when IT was new.

Unless one has configured your android phone to notify you of app updates (versus the default of update automatically when on wi-fi) one doesn't really appreciate how often apps are updating, especially the popular ones. However, as noted earlier, the phone operating system, the firmware updates have stopped long ago.

My theory is that android, unlike Windows, is not bound to offer any level of backward compatibility. New apps are being built and old apps are being updated, built on the newest android versions. When you update an app, you have no way of knowing how it will perform when running on a device with 'outdated' firmware. Outdated only needs to be 18 - 24 months. That may be fine for an android phone that costs about 5000-8000 baht new but is a bit of a bugger with the top line 15000 baht and up devices. I think it's a handy way of encouraging punters to keep upgrading to a new android phone at least every 2 years and maintain the market edge they claim to have over apple.

The guy I am working with swears by iPhone, but his one is the iPhone 5 and he reckons it is as fast and friendly as it was when he bought it several years ago. He has no need to buy a new one. I have a 3 year-old, mid-range android that has current (old) firmware, has been factory reset once and is already glacial.

arjay
udonmap.com

Post by arjay » November 17, 2017, 2:25 am

My Samsung Note 2 is still going strong. I can't remember when I bought, though think it was shortly after they came out and about 18000 baht (when smartphones were dearer).

I would settle for less and cheaper these days, but the Note 2 is still going strong so I am happy with it. In the meantime wife and daughter have got through at least 2 other phones, each.

86Tiger
udonmap.com

I was always opposed to the “fad” phones......

Post by 86Tiger » November 17, 2017, 9:31 am

I had an old nokia that served me well for many years. It made calls and texts which is all I needed.

I ended up with an Iphone 6 for last 10 months after my 2 yr old broke his mothers touch screen and I had it repaired. I’ll never go back to anything else.

Everything just works intuitively and I very rarely have need to fire up my laptop. I don’t think I will ever need the latest greatest model as the folks standing in line to buy. The model couple years old is always available for fairly reasonable price

Give it a shot next time you need, I think you will be suprised.

felixcat
udonmap.com

Post by felixcat » November 17, 2017, 10:08 am

Well, no real complaints?
Doesn't anyone know that the old phones, like the red one shown, could make perfect calls all over the world?
The old phones needed charging about every 5 days also.
Now they have Bigger batteries and Bigger magnets, confortably held against the brain. and you still cannot call Mars, but you can call anywhere in the world, as before.
Search: do magnets and batteries damage the brain?
We are living in a "slow kill" world, but the rate is advancing rapidly now. You can slow it down a bit.
Last night my wifes phone "turned itself" on at 3:15am, lit up the whole room. Why? Our location was spied on. You charge those things several times a day, just so you can be watched, listened to , from your own phone. As well as everyone around you, in your line, on and on. Your phone has a GPS, which means everything you point your phone at, give GPS locations. Beware when your doing something illegal, your phone will tell on you.
Too much to handle? Lets talk about your health....This guy will inform you about this. He is a Professional.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOAcxyvXZWM
Watch this...eeryone will take away something benefitial.
Don't beiieve the lie "If you have nothing to hide, you shouldn't worry", this is an invasion of your privacy, and all those around you. Do you look at your phone while on the toilet? You ARE being watched.
Be well

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » November 17, 2017, 11:01 am

Jeezus Felix, get a life, I really cant see big brother watching me, a tad boring to say the least, there would have to be equal numbers of spie's as citizens.... I like to muck around on the internet so my I-phone suits me just perfectly....ffs.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » November 17, 2017, 11:12 am

What with the mobile phone masts/beer/cigs/food additives/religious brainwashing/conspiracies against him, I think poor old Felix has had virtually all of his brain cells scrambled since that night the big green monster appeared and forced him to move to Thailand :lol:

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » November 17, 2017, 11:21 am

some of these " Microwaves " have also been noted to reduce / shrink , cerebral carcinomas.

I use a Smart Phone. Samsung S8+

Its a must to use the WPS Office for work related files ,I use WhatsAPP for all work related chat , saves hours in emails daily sometimes.

The cameras are so good now, I dont need to have an additional camera for work related activity anymore,

Thats less stuff in the IT bag for work trips.

And the major thing, is its not apple, so all my chargers, USB cords all work still, with the new adaptor supplied.

jimjay
udonmap.com

Post by jimjay » November 17, 2017, 6:30 pm

felixcat wrote:
November 17, 2017, 10:08 am
Last night my wifes phone "turned itself" on at 3:15am, lit up the whole room. Why? Our location was spied on. You charge those things several times a day, just so you can be watched, listened to , from your own phone.
Not worried. It's just gonna spy on my big purple neon-lit man sausage as it spins wildly to the latest luuk toong music amidst the usual bevy of local stunners.
felixcat wrote:
November 17, 2017, 10:08 am
Do you look at your phone while on the toilet?
Not worried. There's no way an electronic device could withstand the caustic gasses I let orf in Le Bog after hot curry night & 2 bottles of sang som. It's left safely outside during dooky times that would cause Kim Jong Un to tremble with fear.

In the end I liked my old non-smart phones, too bad the wife systematically "washed" them all with extra-strength detergents and tossed all the SIMs after we first met.

This was back when phones were for calling people on phones.

cali4995
udonmap.com

Post by cali4995 » November 17, 2017, 10:39 pm

got an old samsung hero on my desk, can't help

but notice it has service 24/7 and only needs to

be charged 2x month. the smartphone is a toy

with battery rarely lasting day. a fun toy I guess

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » November 18, 2017, 2:39 am

Not a toy when u use

Pdf.
Word
Excel
Whats App.plus its location function. When taking a picture
Google Maps

Daily for work. Saves a camera and gps.

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » November 18, 2017, 8:28 am

a little off topic, i have invited some pienongs to go eat korean bbcue evening , i told them they only can come without any phones/tablets , the one who brings any of this will pay the bill :D , lets hope i do not forget mine ;)

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » November 18, 2017, 11:33 am

When Apple started all their exclusive use with music files, it ended for me before it ever started.

Plus WAY overpriced.

No. Apple. Ever.
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » November 18, 2017, 12:39 pm

wazza wrote:
November 18, 2017, 2:39 am
Not a toy when u use

Pdf.
Word
Excel
Whats App.plus its location function. When taking a picture
Google Maps

Daily for work. Saves a camera and gps.
And dont forget the most important function wazza, the vibrator :oops:

felixcat
udonmap.com

Post by felixcat » November 19, 2017, 11:17 pm

Not bad, 915 views, and only a couple cartoon characters.
Hope many watched the video.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”