Thailand #1 on road death ranking list

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
fatbob
udonmap.com

Re: Thailand #1 on road death ranking list

Post by fatbob » December 18, 2017, 6:37 pm

Marcosteffano wrote:
December 18, 2017, 9:13 am
fatbob wrote:
December 18, 2017, 5:23 am
Marcosteffano wrote:
December 17, 2017, 9:52 pm
fatbob wrote:
December 17, 2017, 2:33 pm
Personally I cant see how Thailand has the number one spot, I think there are a lot of country's not in the poll, I have spent time working in India and Indonesia, those two country's are heaps worse just to name two, sorry but I don't believe Thailand has the real number 1 spot.
Probably because 90% of India are on foot and most don't even see roads and traffic.where Thais are 90% tooled up and love racing.
Seems like you haven't been there by that statement...
My point was they are too poor to afford wheels,I know the driving and roads are horrendous in India but statistics show Thailand is number one.stick the Thais back on to ox and cart or bicycle and you would see Thailand lose its place at the top.like I've already said I blame the banks and finance companies for arming the Thais with a set of wheels.i think if it wasn't for poverty you would see china,India and Russia all in the top spots.you don't have to visit a country to know what the roads are like,you can read or watch videos.try watching liveleaks.com...or crazyshit.com Thailand hardly pops up.anyway I used to get peed off with Thai driving but I take it with a pinch of salt nowadays,I treat everyone as an idiot on the road and try to stay clear of them.i sold my big bike this year because of these roads and I'm driving to krabi at the end of the month and taking 4 days not 2 to get there and deffo not driving in the dark.
I see your statement is not from personal experience only hearsay, the roads in India are so much worse hence there is no cred in Thai roads being No 1 for danger, just another crock of sh-t...

fdimike
udonmap.com

Post by fdimike » December 18, 2017, 6:56 pm

Fat I would suggest you go argue with the World Health Organization. Actually the W.H.O have identified Thailand as #2 in the world when it comes to road fatalities.
An ex-pat in the Land of Smile

jimjay
udonmap.com

Post by jimjay » December 18, 2017, 7:03 pm

OK ALL, here's the file on every single country from 2015, -so you can see for yourselves what the numbers really are.

This is from World Health Organization.

http://www.who.int/violence_injury_prev ... 2.pdf?ua=1

2015 NUMBERS which are the basis of the 2017 report?

CAN ANYONE LOCATE A 2017 REPORT THAT SUPERSEDES THIS? Odd that the papers all write about it but none have given the up to date link.
THAILAND:
Reported road traffic fatalities (2012) 14,059c (79% M, 21% F)
WHO estimated road traffic fatalities 24,237
WHO estimated rate per 100,000 population 36.2
Estimated GDP lost due to road traffic crashes 3.0%
Selection_677.png
Selection_678.png
LOOK AT THE SHARP RISE THAILAND HAS HAD.
Selection_676.png

INDIA:
Reported road traffic fatalities (2013) 137,572b (85% M, 15% F)
WHO estimated road traffic fatalities 207,551
WHO estimated rate per 100 000 population 16.6
Estimated GDP lost due to road traffic crashes 3.0%
Selection_679.png
Selection_680.png
LOOK AT HOW INDIA'S TREND IS COMPARATIVELY "STABLE" and HALF THAT OF THAILAND (if such a word could be used)
Selection_681.png

If you have another organization, make note of it. But don't just say the organization's name and then not provide some useful document.

It's not supposed to be a p1$$ing contest between India or Thailand.

Easy to agree they both are HELL to drive in right?
Last edited by jimjay on December 18, 2017, 7:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » December 18, 2017, 7:09 pm

F me, having been on both sets of roads I know where my life felt threatened the most, so some NGO organisation is not going to tell me what I discovered first hand through experience, work it out for yourself, I have...

jimjay
udonmap.com

Post by jimjay » December 18, 2017, 7:14 pm

fatbob wrote:
December 18, 2017, 7:09 pm
F me, having been on both sets of roads I know where my life felt threatened the most, so some NGO organisation is not going to tell me what I discovered first hand through experience, work it out for yourself, I have...
That's fine. But you're speaking for yourself. Which is quite fair.

But there's a difference between your very welcome opinion on the matter and especially your legitimate and very real experience of danger vs. the sheer numbers of dead (per capita).

Two totally different things. Can we all at least agree on that? Maybe what we're all on about is still spot on.

One might appreciate that "some NGO you refer to at least tried to cover every single country in the world in this regard and even provide in depth charts as to who has what laws, and even measurements as to levels of enforcement for EACH area of concern, right down to BAC limits and if Local law enforcement can modify the limits.

I'd say such an effort should be appreciated even congratulated, if not respected..

THAILAND has 26% DUE TO ALCOHOL WHEN INDIA HAS 5%.

AND LOOK HOW POOR INDIA IS YET THEY MANAGE TO BE SAFER
Attachments
Selection_683.png
Selection_684.png
Last edited by jimjay on December 18, 2017, 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » December 18, 2017, 7:32 pm

Well let me see
1) you died in India
2) you died in Thailand

As I have stated the stats don't really mater , but just incase you didn't hear YOU ARE DEAD

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » December 18, 2017, 10:04 pm

Can someone please direct me to the "motorway" in Thailand which they say has a speed limit of 120kph :shock:

Can't ever remember seeing a 120kph speed limit sign anywhere :confused:

Nigglyb
udonmap.com

Post by Nigglyb » December 18, 2017, 11:12 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
December 18, 2017, 10:04 pm
Can someone please direct me to the "motorway" in Thailand which they say has a speed limit of 120kph :shock:

It'll probably be the little stretch of road up to a brow of a hill with a U Turn directly after to make it as safe as possible for all concerned ;)
May the bridges I burn light the path in front of me

pal52
udonmap.com

Post by pal52 » December 19, 2017, 7:06 am

stattointhailand wrote:

The motorway which goes from the Number 1 highway to Chonburi and which passes Suvannabhum Airport has numerous signs of 120 kph.

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Post by Marcosteffano » December 19, 2017, 8:28 am

fatbob wrote:
December 18, 2017, 6:37 pm
Marcosteffano wrote:
fatbob wrote:
Marcosteffano wrote:
fatbob wrote:
Personally I cant see how Thailand has the number one spot, I think there are a lot of country's not in the poll, I have spent time working in India and Indonesia, those two country's are heaps worse just to name two, sorry but I don't believe Thailand has the real number 1 spot.
Probably because 90% of India are on foot and most don't even see roads and traffic.where Thais are 90% tooled up and love racing.
My point was they are too poor to afford wheels,I know the driving and roads are horrendous in India but statistics show Thailand is number one.stick the Thais back on to ox and cart or bicycle and you would see Thailand lose its place at the top.like I've already said I blame the banks and finance companies for arming the Thais with a set of wheels.i think if it wasn't for poverty you would see china,India and Russia all in the top spots.you don't have to visit a country to know what the roads are like,you can read or watch videos.try watching liveleaks.com...or crazyshit.com Thailand hardly pops up.anyway I used to get peed off with Thai driving but I take it with a pinch of salt nowadays,I treat everyone as an idiot on the road and try to stay clear of them.i sold my big bike this year because of these roads and I'm driving to krabi at the end of the month and taking 4 days not 2 to get there and deffo not driving in the dark.
I see your statement is not from personal experience only hearsay, the roads in India are so much worse hence there is no cred in Thai roads being No 1 for danger, just another crock of sh-t...
Ok all these statistics from WHO and other organisations I read about are just hearsay and you know better because you've driven on a road in India.i won't bother reading anymore statistics as they seem to be a crock of sh..t.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 19, 2017, 9:33 am

pal52 wrote:
December 19, 2017, 7:06 am
stattointhailand wrote:

The motorway which goes from the Number 1 highway to Chonburi and which passes Suvannabhum Airport has numerous signs of 120 kph.
Highway 7

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » December 20, 2017, 6:30 pm

Marcosteffano wrote:
December 19, 2017, 8:28 am
fatbob wrote:
Marcosteffano wrote:
fatbob wrote:
Marcosteffano wrote:
fatbob wrote:
Dead right, first hand experience for me every time, ######...

Ok all these statistics from WHO and other organisations I read about are just hearsay and you know better because you've driven on a road in India.i won't bother reading anymore statistics as they seem to be a crock of sh..t.

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » December 20, 2017, 6:41 pm

fatbob wrote:
December 20, 2017, 6:30 pm
Marcosteffano wrote:
fatbob wrote:
Marcosteffano wrote:
fatbob wrote:
Marcosteffano wrote:
fatbob wrote:

If any one trys to tell me Thailand has roads more dangerous than India or Indonesia as well as parts of Africa then they need experience, not just a newspaper....

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » December 20, 2017, 6:43 pm

Thanks Pal/Tam, that explains why I've never seen it, as I always go via Pak Thong Chai & Kabinburi when visiting that corner of Thailand

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » December 21, 2017, 12:39 am

fatbob wrote:
December 20, 2017, 6:41 pm
fatbob wrote:
December 20, 2017, 6:30 pm
Marcosteffano wrote:
fatbob wrote:
Marcosteffano wrote:
fatbob wrote:
Marcosteffano wrote:
fatbob wrote:
I think you don't understand the meaning of the post, #1 on road deaths. More people dying on Thailand roads per capita. Maybe the roads in India or Africa are worse but they have less deaths per capita. This could be because of fewer drivers and a different mind set.In Thailand you have people who don't even bother to look where they are going
either from arrogant self entitlement,i.e. Thai males or blind stupidity. I have not been to Africa or India but I have been to South American countries as well as most South East asian countries and have never seen the stupidity on the roads like Thailand has.

If any one trys to tell me Thailand has roads more dangerous than India or Indonesia as well as parts of Africa then they need experience, not just a newspaper....

jimjay
udonmap.com

Post by jimjay » December 21, 2017, 2:01 am

Maybe start an India is more dangerous for driving thread.

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Post by Marcosteffano » December 22, 2017, 5:38 pm

Fat bob knows best,he's been there,done it and got the tshirt.as most of us know India,African countries are on the WHO list is road statistics but for some reason some think the books are cooked and they know better.

Return to “Travel & Transport”