Size and cost of fill

Information on building a house, buying poperty and land, and all other general contruction topics...
fatbob
udonmap.com

Re: Size and cost of fill

Post by fatbob » February 3, 2018, 2:26 pm

You remind me of a blue healer, always gotta yap, even if nothing worth hearing comes out.

Nigglyb
udonmap.com

Post by Nigglyb » February 3, 2018, 2:39 pm

fatbob wrote:
February 3, 2018, 2:26 pm
You remind me of a blue healer, always gotta yap, even if nothing worth hearing comes out.
Nice
Let me just draw your attention to the link you gave in response to the question of how big are the trucks of landfill in/around Udon & how much they cost.
https://www.alibaba.com/showroom/16-cub ... truck.html
You obviously didn’t notice you were linking to a Chinese site selling actual lorries in USD. Very ****** helpful for people around Udon
Anyway, carry on
May the bridges I burn light the path in front of me

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » February 3, 2018, 2:46 pm

Its to show trailer size and volume only, sorry but that is universal world wide, location doesnt come into it! So keep on talkng.....

Nigglyb
udonmap.com

Post by Nigglyb » February 3, 2018, 5:37 pm

Thanks Image
Here’s another picture of a lorry for your collection, enjoy

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » February 3, 2018, 7:42 pm

Nigglyb wrote:
February 3, 2018, 5:37 pm
Thanks Image

What a dick, go bluey...

Nigglyb
udonmap.com

Post by Nigglyb » February 3, 2018, 9:32 pm

fatbob wrote:
February 2, 2018, 4:58 pm
sometimewoodworker wrote:
February 2, 2018, 4:38 pm
I don't know of any truck that has a 10 cubic metre capacity for moving earth.
??????? I do....
Go on then FatBob, enough of this larking about, let us have the contact details for the supplier of landfill in these trucks you know so much about.
I’ll take 500 trucks starting tomorrow, cash waiting
Cheers

panick
udonmap.com

Post by panick » February 3, 2018, 10:06 pm

fatbob wrote:
February 3, 2018, 7:42 pm
Nigglyb wrote:
February 3, 2018, 5:37 pm
Thanks Image

What a dick, go bluey...
Bluey???

He's gotta shaved head you plastic Kiwi :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: How do you know he's a bluey? :?
Last edited by panick on February 3, 2018, 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bring back Saint

panick
udonmap.com

Post by panick » February 3, 2018, 10:10 pm

Nigglyb .... Are/were you a "Ginger" ? 555
Bring back Saint

Nigglyb
udonmap.com

Post by Nigglyb » February 4, 2018, 1:30 am

panick wrote:
February 3, 2018, 10:10 pm
Nigglyb .... Are/were you a "Ginger" ? 555
Err, strawberry blonde?

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » February 4, 2018, 11:56 am

Nigglyb wrote:
February 3, 2018, 9:32 pm
fatbob wrote:
??????? I do....
Go on then FatBob, enough of this larking about, let us have the contact details for the supplier of landfill in these trucks you know so much about.
Cheers
Heel Nigglyb, sit, roll over, lay down, now go to sleep Nigglyb, there's a good boy...have a biscuit.

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Post by Marcosteffano » February 4, 2018, 12:13 pm

Anyway back to the original question. I think I paid 1,000b for three loads and they were approximately 3 cubic metre loads.remember you'll need nearly double what you think as it does compress down quite a lot.also do it before the rain comes and they earlier the better.ive left a plot for 2 years now and will be starting on it when I've got some other projects out of the way.

Nigglyb
udonmap.com

Post by Nigglyb » February 4, 2018, 3:23 pm

fatbob wrote:
February 4, 2018, 11:56 am
Nigglyb wrote:
February 3, 2018, 9:32 pm
fatbob wrote:
??????? I do....
Cheers
Heel Nigglyb, sit, roll over, lay down, now go to sleep Nigglyb, there's a good boy...have a biscuit.
So, in summary, you know **** all then. Well done, way to go, thanks for your humerous input, but we’ll just carry on this thread with posters that know what they’re taliking about ;)

Nigglyb
udonmap.com

Post by Nigglyb » February 4, 2018, 3:28 pm

Marcosteffano wrote:
February 4, 2018, 12:13 pm
Anyway back to the original question. I think I paid 1,000b for three loads and they were approximately 3 cubic metre loads.remember you'll need nearly double what you think as it does compress down quite a lot.also do it before the rain comes and they earlier the better.ive left a plot for 2 years now and will be starting on it when I've got some other projects out of the way.
Cheers Marco, good point, I did a rough calculation on volume needed & discovered quite soon in it is going to be double what I thought I needed. This probably should be factored into any landfilling budget. Price wise, mines a bit more expensive than yours but there’s quite some travelling involved so it’s understandable
Shame FatBoy can’t back up his story as that would have been the way to go ;)

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » February 4, 2018, 3:31 pm

Hoopee in the first comment was very close to the money both in price and Cu mtr capacity as a rule of thumb.

We, overtime have had a number of bulk soil and sand type delivered using the 2 typical truck sizes around town.
Small single rear axle truck with about 5 Cu mtr capacity and depending on distance travelled and soil type is 300 to 400. You can get a better rate than a single load rate mentioned once you go to 80 or 100 loads.
Tandem axle larger truck, 10 cu mtr will be from 600 and up, again depending on number of loads and what type of soil you want.
Truck size is rated by tons capacity.
The single axle 5 cu mtr tipper is usually about a 9 ton capacity including truck chassis, attached tipper and load
the tandem axle 10 cu mtr tipper is usually above a 20/22 ton capacity including truck chassis, attached tipper and load.
Different materials weigh differently per cu mtr hence you see some with hungry boards attached on the side of the tipper to carry more weight to the capacity allowed. DFepending on the weight of the material the Cu mtr fitting in the truck will change.
Sand is about 1 ton per cu mtr, you fit more sand in then soil unless its well above the side.
Just make sure the truck is fully loaded to the capacity of the truck you use with out falling off the side, as mentioned they will cheat you, others on other threads have also mentioned about counting the trucks accurately, give them a raffle ticket each load as an example. Its easy to lose count. There will be a boss or owner of the trucks you will pay not the driver if bulk loads are required.
Make sure if your land is out in the villages when delivering on the smaller soi roads that the village will allow the larger trucks in mass. Over loading and destroying the road will be your cost. I'm talking about when you use a fleet of trucks for delivery, not a one off.
Good luck.

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » February 4, 2018, 5:33 pm

Barney wrote:
February 4, 2018, 3:31 pm
Hoopee in the first comment was very close to the money both in price and Cu mtr capacity as a rule of thumb.

We, overtime have had a number of bulk soil and sand type delivered using the 2 typical truck sizes around town.
Small single rear axle truck with about 5 Cu mtr capacity and depending on distance travelled and soil type is 300 to 400. You can get a better rate than a single load rate mentioned once you go to 80 or 100 loads.
Tandem axle larger truck, 10 cu mtr will be from 600 and up, again depending on number of loads and what type of soil you want.
Truck size is rated by tons capacity.
The single axle 5 cu mtr tipper is usually about a 9 ton capacity including truck chassis, attached tipper and load
the tandem axle 10 cu mtr tipper is usually above a 20/22 ton capacity including truck chassis, attached tipper and load.
Different materials weigh differently per cu mtr hence you see some with hungry boards attached on the side of the tipper to carry more weight to the capacity allowed. DFepending on the weight of the material the Cu mtr fitting in the truck will change.
Sand is about 1 ton per cu mtr, you fit more sand in then soil unless its well above the side.
Just make sure the truck is fully loaded to the capacity of the truck you use with out falling off the side, as mentioned they will cheat you, others on other threads have also mentioned about counting the trucks accurately, give them a raffle ticket each load as an example. Its easy to lose count. There will be a boss or owner of the trucks you will pay not the driver if bulk loads are required.
Make sure if your land is out in the villages when delivering on the smaller soi roads that the village will allow the larger trucks in mass. Over loading and destroying the road will be your cost. I'm talking about when you use a fleet of trucks for delivery, not a one off.
Good luck.
Thankyou Barney, now fetch Nigglyb theres a good boy, you know nothing...

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » February 4, 2018, 6:29 pm

Fatbob,
I was not intending to join the to and fro of barbs, but only to throw my 5 satang into it. I owned and drove a 5cu mtr concrete agitator truck for some years in North Queensland and just wanted to clear the issue up a bit with my experience of what constitutes the capacity of a truck. Had plenty of tippers come to the batching yard, and also to our sand yard. Cu mtr capacity means jack when you are on the highway, only the weight. Just ask the scale police when you get a fine when you are over your axle limit.
I know most of my info is off the original topic but if you see the sugar crane trucks loaded to the skies with large bars holding the load it is because they are utilizing the weight that can be carried by the truck. Cane is light.
Still doesn't allow for the fact the cane trucks are not safe at all and the old trucks used do not have the necessary HP in motor size to haul those high heavy loads. Many trucks like the pickups boost their strength illegally by throwing an extra leaf in the springs. I would hate to see what they have welded underneath the pickups to strengthen the chassis so as not to break its back.

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » February 4, 2018, 7:06 pm

Well Barney unintentionally or not you stated there are 10 cubic metre trucks which is what I was saying all along, otherwise I couldn't give two hoots.

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Post by Hoopoe » February 20, 2018, 4:26 pm

Came across these today ref size of soil fill trucks operating in the local community ,these are the same trucks i used but have now been modified , extra paneling ,so now can carry at least double the amount of before , so on estimation at least 20 cm
Attachments
DSC_0001130.jpg
DSC_0001129.jpg
DSC_0001128.jpg

Return to “House & Land”