Size and cost of fill

Information on building a house, buying poperty and land, and all other general contruction topics...
Barney
udonmap.com

Re: Size and cost of fill

Post by Barney » February 4, 2018, 6:29 pm

Fatbob,
I was not intending to join the to and fro of barbs, but only to throw my 5 satang into it. I owned and drove a 5cu mtr concrete agitator truck for some years in North Queensland and just wanted to clear the issue up a bit with my experience of what constitutes the capacity of a truck. Had plenty of tippers come to the batching yard, and also to our sand yard. Cu mtr capacity means jack when you are on the highway, only the weight. Just ask the scale police when you get a fine when you are over your axle limit.
I know most of my info is off the original topic but if you see the sugar crane trucks loaded to the skies with large bars holding the load it is because they are utilizing the weight that can be carried by the truck. Cane is light.
Still doesn't allow for the fact the cane trucks are not safe at all and the old trucks used do not have the necessary HP in motor size to haul those high heavy loads. Many trucks like the pickups boost their strength illegally by throwing an extra leaf in the springs. I would hate to see what they have welded underneath the pickups to strengthen the chassis so as not to break its back.

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » February 4, 2018, 7:06 pm

Well Barney unintentionally or not you stated there are 10 cubic metre trucks which is what I was saying all along, otherwise I couldn't give two hoots.

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Post by Hoopoe » February 20, 2018, 4:26 pm

Came across these today ref size of soil fill trucks operating in the local community ,these are the same trucks i used but have now been modified , extra paneling ,so now can carry at least double the amount of before , so on estimation at least 20 cm
Attachments
DSC_0001130.jpg
DSC_0001129.jpg
DSC_0001128.jpg

Return to “House & Land”