Bangkok Hotels

General Udon Thani topics only!
AlexO
udonmap.com

Bangkok Hotels

Post by AlexO » March 7, 2018, 9:37 am

Hi Gents
Maybe a wee bit silly to post on UM. I am meeting up with some Canadian relatives who are on holiday touring SEA in Bangkok. They have asked for hotel recommendations "close to things to do". I have not stayed in Bangkok for years so have no idea. Any members can recommend a reasonable hotel (not backpacker standard) that would suit. Thanks in advance.

AussieBoy
udonmap.com

Re: Bangkok Hotels

Post by AussieBoy » March 7, 2018, 11:02 am

Agoda best place to get good reviews
Master Builder

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » March 7, 2018, 11:52 am

I would stay as close to a sky train station(MTR),as possible,which makes it easier to get around Bangkok and avoid the horrendous traffic.
A good area for this,and near nightlife,shopping etc. would be Sukhumvit Road.Stations would be Nana,Asoke and Phrom Phong.
Plenty of hotels to choose from.Check Agoda and Booking.com for reviews,as suggested.
A good middle of the road hotel (around 2,000 baht) is The Davis.....about 1km from the main Sukhumvit Road,Phrom Phong MTR,Emporium and EM Quartier for shopping,dining etc,but has a free shuttle to take you from the hotel to the main Sukhumvit Road.
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » March 7, 2018, 11:58 am

The Manhattan in Soi 15 Sukhumvit ( Just around the corner from BOTH Nana & Asoke Skytrain stations is quite nice & The Buffet Breakfast is EXCELLENT.....1,764 Baht INC Breakfast on Booking.com....

Also in the Same Area....The Grand President & Royal President I Can recommend in the same price range...Ibis in Soi 4 Is Also Nice but I've never stayed there & It's CHEAPER @ 1550 Baht.....

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » March 7, 2018, 12:50 pm

Some where close to Lumpini park, a great place to chill from the big city, plenty of good restaurants and entertainment, sky train and mrt close by.
When I lived in Bkk we were right on the park overlooking it, it was a savior.

JMT42
udonmap.com

Post by JMT42 » March 7, 2018, 3:41 pm

A couple of weeks ago we stayed at the "Checkin Phrompong" soi 41 Sukkumvit. Fridge, two burner cooker and microwave in room.Not a bad breakfast. Near the BTS and one of the big grocery chains maybe Robinsons. Lousy parking if you drive down but other than that great.Not even 100' down the soi.

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » March 7, 2018, 8:54 pm

Thanks Gents.
It gave me something to work on. As said I have not been in Bangkok ( apart from Swampy) for many years. Thanks again.

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » March 8, 2018, 6:41 am

I used to stay in Banglampoo Guest house, its an average hotel without a restaurant, but its across the road from the Phra Chao river, and the ferry boats, that can take you anywhere up and down the river..there are plenty of bars, hotels, backpackers, restaurants, in Banglampoo, and streets full of stalls at night time..

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » March 8, 2018, 9:27 am

Last year SWMBO and I stayed at the CityPoint hotel, walking distance from Asok BTS and Sukhumvite MRT stations. 3 stars comfortable enough to sleep, convenient for shopping centres. So for a reasonabley priced base of operations very good, you can pay quite a bit more for quite a bit less.

Also on Hotels.com the reward program is quite good.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

jingjai
udonmap.com

Post by jingjai » March 8, 2018, 10:07 pm

i have stayed here many times:
https://furama.com/xclusive/sukhumvit

close to Sky Train, Bumrunbgrad, restaurants, etc., etc., etc.
A little pricey, but you get what you pay for. They always have promotions going
Great in-house restaurant, plus loads of diverse cuisines offered at restaurants on Soi 1.
Quiet. :D

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”