Brexit and Leadership.

General Udon Thani topics only!
tamada
udonmap.com

Re: Brexit and Leadership.

Post by tamada » September 4, 2018, 11:34 am

Giggle wrote:
September 4, 2018, 12:47 am
What a mess that government has turned into. Shameful -- but as the saying goes, people deserve the government they have. It's a good reflection of the country as a whole.
Oh dear... in your rush to disparage the great British nation, you completely missed an absolute sitter there giggle.

3 out of 10

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » September 4, 2018, 11:50 am

The sh!tshow that is the British government needs no assistance from anybody in demonstrating what abject fools they are. It's like watching the Rocky and Bullwinkle show without the funny parts. If that is the best Britain can muster, it's no wonder the country is swirling down the toilet of irrelevancy. Perhaps May can consult Sir Robert Mugabe on the finer points of incompetent leadership the next time she's dancing through Africa. (Mayday!) What a disaster.

:confused:
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 4, 2018, 12:35 pm

vincemunday wrote:
September 3, 2018, 7:22 pm
Well Tam, surprisingly I agree with most of what you write above, your assessment of what's going on within the Conservative party is pretty much spot on and I agree that not only is it not BoJo's time I don't think it ever will be, the man is a complete and utter buffoon and should never be put in such an important position. The one point I disagree with is your synopsis of JRM, i honestly think he is a PM in waiting and while he doesn't enjoy huge support within the hierarchy of the Tory party or it's NEC, he is a huge favourite among grass root conservative voters and they will be what decides when he takes the helm. Insofar as your assessment that he's a scary right wing divisive politician.. I couldn't disagree more, what makes him too right wing or devisive? I'm genuinely intrigued.
Aye vince, it's a bloody shambles and although I don't have much in the way of vested interests back home, it's still a vexation. My sister, 63 years-old, a single-mum (of 2) by way of late pregnancies, finds herself on the scrapheap back there due to a sh!thead ex-husband and poor personal choices despite having two degrees and a masters. She has an even more impolite descriptive for Johnson! She had a good administrative job with an innately corrupt wee niche of the NHS so some ugly inter-office politics and starkly illegal management actions saw her dismissed (think stopping a whistle-blower on fudged numbers used for government budgetary requests). I think you and I probably agree on a whole lot of stuff and that doesn't surprise me in the least. It's just these preconceptions that come from 'knowing' someone solely from their posts on a relatively anonymous internet forum tend to get in the way for some.

The things that have you intrigued are couched in your own political bias and beliefs which are different from mine so let's not clutter up this thread qualifying those differences of opinion. You and I have our beliefs, I hope (mostly) mutually respected, so I'm not going to bore other members with illuminating those differences here. Having said that, I think Rees-Mogg will probably prevail despite my misgivings. I think it's called Hobson's Choice? This is a good thread with solid, relevant subject matter... as long as we can keep the vvankers from the peanut gallery from degrading it with facile comments and irrelevancies. The pr!cks would see you and I debating here and they would glibly comment about our shattered, divided and hopelessly lost nation. I'm not about to give them the bandwidth. I have enough mossies to swat on my own front porch right now.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 4, 2018, 8:27 pm

Giggle wrote:
September 4, 2018, 11:50 am
The sh!tshow that is the British government needs no assistance from anybody in demonstrating what abject fools they are. It's like watching the Rocky and Bullwinkle show without the funny parts. If that is the best Britain can muster, it's no wonder the country is swirling down the toilet of irrelevancy. Perhaps May can consult Sir Robert Mugabe on the finer points of incompetent leadership the next time she's dancing through Africa. (Mayday!) What a disaster.

:confused:
The British media have already had their fun with May's tortured dancing but thanks for trying to keep up. Recalling then Labour leader Ed Miliband's unfortunate photo-op with bacon sarny, we Brits have this innate ability to poke fun at our own unfortunate politico's and then move on to the more salient, more relevant points. By the same token, British statesmen and stateswomen don't get all hot, bothered and twittery when someone takes the p!ss out of 'em.
eds bacon sarny.jpg
"This would be better with brown sauce..."
eds bacon sarny.jpg (73.24 KiB) Viewed 2273 times
Anyway, since Mugabe is already pushing up daisies, if you have a reference for a good, reliable medium, then feel free to pass it on to the PM's office so they can move on your otherwise excellent suggestion.

PS. Wikipedia says, "In 1994, Mugabe was appointed an honorary Knight Grand Cross in the Order of the Bath by Queen Elizabeth II. This entitled him to use the postnominal letters GCB, but not to use the title "Sir." In the United Kingdom, the House of Commons Foreign Affairs Select Committee called for the removal of this honour in 2003, and on 25 June 2008, the Queen cancelled and annulled the honorary knighthood after advice from the Foreign Secretary of the United Kingdom.

2 out of 10

Must try harder.
Last edited by tamada on September 4, 2018, 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » September 4, 2018, 8:35 pm

Oooooooo! I vote for Doris Stokes!
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 5, 2018, 2:21 pm

Here's one I missed from the print Economist from a couple of months ago.
Dads Army Stamps.jpg
Stupid boy...

Bouph
udonmap.com

Post by Bouph » September 6, 2018, 6:30 pm

[-X
Last edited by Bouph on November 7, 2018, 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 6, 2018, 8:02 pm

Bouph wrote:
September 6, 2018, 6:30 pm
Robert Mugabe is dead? I must have missed that one... :?

Or should Giggle be asking for a regrade?
Shocking fake news-like faux pas there. I honestly don't know what I was (wishfully) thinking.

Anyway, screw giggle, no regrade for her but I'll go get the pointy hat and face the wall in the corner for a bit.

...OK finished.

Bouph
udonmap.com

Post by Bouph » September 7, 2018, 8:56 pm

[-X
Last edited by Bouph on November 7, 2018, 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » September 8, 2018, 1:22 am

I actualy saw the Theresa May dance collection video this evening ,,,one can only hope shes a better mover n groover in the house of commons then she was jiving with those ***** .. sooner she goes n Boris moves in NO 10 the better , but im guessing he is to dancing what the SPL is to world football .. meaningless.

Disclaimer ... I may be wrong
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » September 8, 2018, 2:09 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
September 8, 2018, 1:22 am
I actualy saw the Theresa May dance collection video this evening ,,,one can only hope shes a better mover n groover in the house of commons then she was jiving with those *****.. sooner she goes n Boris or Nigel Farage (not Jezza Corbyn please) moves in NO 10 the better , but im guessing they are all to dancing what the SPL is to world football .. meaningless.

Disclaimer ... I may be wrong
amended above
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » September 8, 2018, 3:11 pm

But still better than Scunthorpe any day of the week, better to give up football than support them or I guess already have given up.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 9, 2018, 8:34 pm

Ayup, the snowflakes are out early this Autumn.

Sajid Javid rebukes Boris Johnson over Brexit 'suicide vest' jibe.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/20 ... vest-jibe/

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 10, 2018, 11:05 am

tamada wrote:
September 9, 2018, 8:34 pm
Ayup, the snowflakes are out early this Autumn.

Sajid Javid rebukes Boris Johnson over Brexit 'suicide vest' jibe.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/20 ... vest-jibe/
Looks like it's gathering momentum with some MSM now interviewing survivors of the Manchester Arena bombing. The May government's press relations people must have been working overtime on the blower to editors through the day and night to get this shockingly gratuitous deflection promoted.

Although BoJo is a clown and not really fit for (any) purpose, I find his suicide vest and detonator analogy quite apropos. Pretty sure if an Israeli politico used the same analogy, nobody would bat an eyelid. So even if Boris has properly ---- in his Prime Ministerial aspiration nest, I reckon he's right on this.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... -jibe.html

"Tom Tugendhat, chairman of the Commons foreign affairs committee, savaged Mr Johnson’s intervention and told him to grow up.

‘A suicide bomber murdered many in the courtyard of my office in Helmand,’ said the former Army officer. ‘The carnage was disgusting, limbs and flesh hanging from trees and bushes.'

I wonder if Tugendhat or the MP's for West Midlands and Greater London constituencies also find the appended way too disgusting an analogy?
bts.jpg
ASDA Shirley

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 20, 2018, 12:07 pm

And the hits just keep on comin'...

Leaked Tory dossier reveals secret plan to replace Theresa May in April and ranks her possible successors...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/20 ... eresa-may/
Hobson's Choice.jpeg
Lord help us!!!

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » September 20, 2018, 12:20 pm

The problem with this list is that it doesn't include the wishes of the party members who will ultimately vote in the new party leader and although he's not favoured by the party elite, JRM is way ahead of BJ with grassroot voters who in the main see Boris as a clumsy buffoon who lacks any sense of decorum. IF he'll stand its JRM for me by a country mile.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 20, 2018, 12:35 pm

Nice to see Barnier picking through the rather obvious bones of the JRM-led European Research Group's recommendations on how relatively simple logistics management can make a post-Brexit Irish border both EU and UK Customs-friendly while not imperiling the enduring peace process. Mind you, I reckon having a sitting government in Stormont would go a long way towards that latter aspect. However, with the DUP as another leg on the already wobbly Tory milking stool, I am not surprised at the reticence of either party in moving towards addressing the primary reason behind the collapse of the NI Executive. I guess that suits Arlene just right.

Anyway, I digress...

"Most checks could take place away from the border and ports,..."

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/p ... 43906.html

Not so nice to see the Governor of the BoE talking housing price crash if there's no deal but then pulls a claimed £16 billion windfall out of his snap-frozen Yank ass if we all embrace Chequers. I wonder what color of bus he plans tootling around the country in?

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 20, 2018, 12:57 pm

vincemunday wrote:
September 20, 2018, 12:20 pm
The problem with this list is that it doesn't include the wishes of the party members who will ultimately vote in the new party leader and although he's not favoured by the party elite, JRM is way ahead of BJ with grassroot voters who in the main see Boris as a clumsy buffoon who lacks any sense of decorum. IF he'll stand its JRM for me by a country mile.
You're right and the Telegraph, where I lifted the picture from, have handily edited out the lower part which is labeled 'Candidates ex-Cabinet' which if 'ex-' means former, it would be those who have already been blackened in previous, flawed May administrations? If 'ex-' means all those outside the cabinet and all the back-benchers then of course it would unhelpfully (for them) illuminate JRM's rising star.

It's a pity that the 1922 Committee is the arbiter of change and the popular vote is rather diminished by having to chose someone who only they think is fit for purpose.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » September 20, 2018, 4:37 pm

With JRM's popularity at an all time high they'd be hard pressed and perhaps rather foolish to overlook him but politics is anything but straight forward as we well know.

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » September 20, 2018, 5:40 pm

I don't think at this stage it matters who is in charge so to speak there are huge divisions on Brexit and no way one person can bridge the gaps and unite the house. I don't think anyone thought this out carefully enough and the British people were badly misled.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”