Grass Roots Footie 2018/19

General sports news and discussions.
tamada
udonmap.com

Re: Grass Roots Footie 2018/19

Post by tamada » September 9, 2018, 9:45 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
September 8, 2018, 11:03 pm
3-3 the final score at Glanford park ... no miracles just a ginger cave in .. loosing 2-0 then 3-1 leads lets see what mr Mcall has to say about this performance.
And Stanley drew 1-1 with Burton as well. They must have caught something nasty from the Ginge Jock-led Scunnies last week.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 9, 2018, 9:47 am

A huge performance improvement from Fort William this week who only lost 1-4 at home to Keith.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » September 9, 2018, 11:13 am

tamada wrote:
September 9, 2018, 9:47 am
A huge performance improvement from Fort William this week who only lost 1-4 at home to Keith.

Strewth .... poor old Keith must have been knackered at the end ...... did his team mates get lost or did they think he was good enough on his own?

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 10, 2018, 9:48 am

stattointhailand wrote:
September 9, 2018, 11:13 am
tamada wrote:
September 9, 2018, 9:47 am

Strewth .... poor old Keith must have been knackered at the end ...... did his team mates get lost or did they think he was good enough on his own?
Pretty sure Keith had a goalie as company 'just in case' but yes, the other 9 players probably went over the road to watch the shinty instead.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » September 15, 2018, 2:05 pm

Seems to be a lack of interest locally for the grass roots thread .. ?? ..anywayz still worth pointing out the big game is of course at AFC Wimbledon where Scunny are the visitors ..cant wait to what BS the ginger whinger fookall macall comes out with today ... it seems his favourite saying after commenting how poor the player are is ..BUT IM NOT CRITISIZING MY PLAYERS :shock: :shock:

Elsewhere ..its Millwall v Leeds and i doubt if the rival fans fans will be sharing a pre match cuppa tea cakes and embroidery tips before the game .. it usually ends in tears and a broken nose or 2 resulting in a blood spattered pavement in the East end ...its

Pie mash n Liquor v fish n chips ,
flat caps v base ball turned back to front
Cockney ryhming slang v yokolic EEEE By Gum
Hoodee v Chav
agiing skin head v againg pony tail
John Smiths cream flow v Flat cats piss London Pride

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Adhoc
udonmap.com

Post by Adhoc » September 15, 2018, 2:20 pm

The big boys are back in action this weekend. And non bigger than an injury ravaged Leeds United away at that well known haven of peace and love that is Millwall. This is the fixture where it all started to go wrong last season, so here's hoping history doesn't repeat itself.
Meanwhile Scunthorpe, after last week's success at monkey gland park where they managed not to lose, :lol: are away to the wombles of AFC Tennis. the 1st win under the ginger one ? :-"

MOT

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » September 15, 2018, 5:29 pm

Adhoc wrote:
September 15, 2018, 2:20 pm
The big boys are back in action this weekend. And non bigger than an injury ravaged Leeds United away at that well known haven of peace and love that is Millwall. This is the fixture where it all started to go wrong last season, so here's hoping history doesn't repeat itself.
Meanwhile Scunthorpe, after last week's success at monkey gland park where they managed not to lose, :lol: are away to the wombles of AFC Tennis. the 1st win under the ginger one ? :-"

MOT
GFMs first win as new manager ?? ... cant see it being today as AFCW SW1 are playing well by all accounts where as Scunny ARE NOT.

The mighty Leeds are indeed suffering a few injuries even this early in the season .. being so usually high in the table players are coming down with virtigo whilst others Delli belly after going to the Taj Morely Indian after training , team nutritionalist stated when i told the players to eat high protein foods to make them run faster it was taken out of context now theyve all got the sh8ts..and some will have to play thru the pain barrier wearing pampers .. same as the supporters do most weeks !! .

DM

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » September 15, 2018, 10:09 pm

Half time in the feature game(s) ..

AFC Wombleden 0 Scunny 2 :shock: :shock: :shock:

Millwall 1 Leeds 2 (stabbings)
FOOTBALL 0-0 .... Adhoc 8-[

DM

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » September 15, 2018, 11:32 pm

AFC Wimbledon 2 SCUNNY 3 :-"
Millwall 1 Leeds 1

Nigglyb
udonmap.com

Post by Nigglyb » September 16, 2018, 12:43 am

The Mighty Whites maintain an unbeaten start to the season. MOT

Meanwhile, Udon’s second favourite team managed to throw away a 2 goal lead but still scraped a win at 3-2. Some ginger bloke said they were a bit tired after trailing to Wimbledon only to find the game was in Kingston & they had to hail 3 more taxis to get there just before kick off. Akmed, one of the cab drivers had reportedly already taken the only fan to the pitch a few minutes earlier. Nobody tipped
May the bridges I burn light the path in front of me

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » September 16, 2018, 9:47 am

For the third week in a row Scunny throw away a 2-0 lead ... but where as the previous games finished 3-3 The Iron actually managed to nip another and play out to win 3-2 at Wimbledon... GFM confidence may be boosted and despite his ginger hair he may venture out to talk to the press today rather than peeking thru the letterbox waiting for his haggis pizza home delivery.

My second team Rochdale also enjoyed a nice win :D

DM is most certainly not enthused by Mr Mcall and one swallow doesnt make it spring as my old gran used to say after sending me to the offy for her Sunday morning Jubilee stout n woodbines .

Eslewhere UNBELIEVABLY Leeds stay toppa the championship after lucilky snatching a late point in the 93 min at Millwall...
East end Chief of police Abdul Mustafa Ivtrunchon commented ..we are pleased to confirm little or no trouble in or around the ground ..the only incident which resulted in all 6 travelling Leeds supporters arrested and 4 Millwall being sent to hospital with cheese grater wounds this when rival fans clashed on the winner on the pre match inter fan puff pastry bake off , life long Lions fan Mary Berry judged .... im smelling a rat as well as perfectly baked puff pastry !!

UP THE IRON .

valiant
udonmap.com

Post by valiant » September 16, 2018, 5:32 pm

It was my first visit to Vale Park for the first time in 12 months,what a Thrill to enter the Bycars and see the Turf .You can listen Live and even watch on computer these days but there is nothing better than seeing the Team you love Win Live Thai Whites very happy.PVFC

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » September 16, 2018, 5:44 pm

Heard the other Vale fan got p*ssed of when he had someone else in the queue at the half time pie caravan for the first time in 12 months :lol:

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » September 16, 2018, 6:26 pm

valiant wrote:
September 16, 2018, 5:32 pm
It was my first visit to Vale Park for the first time in 12 months,what a Thrill to enter the Bycars and see the Turf .You can listen Live and even watch on computer these days but there is nothing better than seeing the Team you love Win Live Thai Whites very happy.PVFC
couldnt agree more ..i miss the scunny games and the away day travels massively .

i was involved in a pub n club in Hanley years back used to have a few beers with Jerry Bridgwood and our place used to get Port Vales most famous fan in regularly , a bit bonkers but a lovely lad called Robbie Williams went on to do quite well for himself n still follows PV now.

Adhoc
udonmap.com

Post by Adhoc » September 19, 2018, 7:13 am

The Championship table makes wonderful reading this morning as the LUFC bandwagon rolls on.
Another excellent performance last night against a team that had clearly come for a 0 - 0.
Next .....

MOT

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » September 21, 2018, 11:16 am

Leeds great start to the season continues as they top the Championship table still.With them having a top class manager in Marco Bielsa,this surely must be the season they return to the Premiership ?
Scunthorpe safe in lower mid table,although the way they throw away two goal leads must be a concern for their manager and fans.
Macclesfield Town,just 2 points from their first 8 matches. :( After long serving player and manager,John Askey,left to take over at Shrewsbury they appointed Mark Yates (ex Cheltenham and Crawley) as the new manager.
Yates has dismantled last years Conference title winning side and brought in his own players.The result of this is there for all to see.At this moment in time I'd take Stuart McCall or even Drunk Monkey to replace this joker as manager !
Newly promoted Harrogate going well at the top of the Conference.
A lot has been said about the struggles of Fort William in the Highland League but the fact remains that if they hadn't received a 9 point penalty for fielding an ineligible player,they wouldn't be bottom of the table.The 9 point penalty has certainly ended Fort Williams hopes of winning the league,though.

17.Lossiemouth Played 10 Lost 10 Points 0 For 3 against 50 GD -47
18. Fort William Played 10 Drawn 1 Lost 9 Points -8 For 6 against 81 GD -75

This weekends fixtures involving the local teams we love...
Leeds v Birmingham
QPR v Norwich
Scunthorpe v Shrewsbury
Accrington Stanley v Wimbledon
Crewe v Port Vale
Exeter v Cheltenham
Forest Green v Crawley
Morecambe v Macclesfield....22nd v 23rd...a 12 pointer already =;
Harrogate v Leyton Orient
Linlithgow Rose v Fort William....Scottish Cup
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » September 21, 2018, 11:48 am

Zidane wrote:
September 21, 2018, 11:16 am
Leeds great start to the season continues as they top the Championship table still.With them having a top class manager in Marco Bielsa,this surely must be the season they return to the Premiership ?
Scunthorpe safe in lower mid table,although the way they throw away two goal leads must be a concern for their manager and fans.
Macclesfield Town,just 2 points from their first 8 matches. :( After long serving player and manager,John Askey,left to take over at Shrewsbury they appointed Mark Yates (ex Cheltenham and Crawley) as the new manager.
Yates has dismantled last years Conference title winning side and brought in his own players.The result of this is there for all to see.At this moment in time I'd take Stuart McCall or even Drunk Monkey to replace this joker as manager !
Newly promoted Harrogate going well at the top of the Conference.
A lot has been said about the struggles of Fort William in the Highland League but the fact remains that if they hadn't received a 9 point penalty for fielding an ineligible player,they wouldn't be bottom of the table.The 9 point penalty has certainly ended Fort Williams hopes of winning the league,though.

17.Lossiemouth Played 10 Lost 10 Points 0 For 3 against 50 GD -47
18. Fort William Played 10 Drawn 1 Lost 9 Points -8 For 6 against 81 GD -75

This weekends fixtures involving the local teams we love...
Leeds v Birmingham
QPR v Norwich
Scunthorpe v Shrewsbury
Accrington Stanley v Wimbledon
Crewe v Port Vale
Exeter v Cheltenham
Forest Green v Crawley
Morecambe v Macclesfield....22nd v 23rd...a 12 pointer already =;
Harrogate v Leyton Orient
Linlithgow Rose v Fort William....Scottish Cup
Thanks for highlighting the big game of the day Zid ... lets see if Shrewsbury like most other recent iron apponents give them a 2 goal head start :lol: :lol: ...

BTW ..you can have Stuart Fookall Macall any time you want mate .. his pre n post match interviews hightlight just what a ginger dick he is .. gord help us !!!!...

AS FOR DM taking over as manager of Macc town , im sorry i retied from football management many years ago , i might add on a winning when my team Cemsave Utd won the Scunny Sunday league =D> =D>

Pleased to see Leeds toppa the Championship pile :^o maybe this just could be their year after so many decades upon decades in the footballing wilderness ...Khuns Adhoc and Niggley must be planning the EPL promo party already ?? .. Adhoc was spotted in Central in the new flowery shirt section last week must of had abit extra pocket money from the missus or another birthday ? hes had 2 already this year .

Note to all Leeds fans attending the game tomorrow ..arrive early as conjestion is expected due to the tripe , lard and yorkshire pudding speed eating festival being held in ----- Road car park... favourite to take all 3 trophys is 16 year old Mavis Ramsbottom who has been impressing in training the whole year .... when interviewed she commented ..

QUOTE ..its obviously great to be the favourite but i will take each plate full at a time ... i had worked on my fork n spoon action much the same a tennis player , obviously there are benifits being a fat bastard and if i win i plan to spend the prize money on a 5 star holiday in Skegness and buy new clothes as my old ones wont fit anymore !! .

GGOD LUCK Mavis ...and all our supported local teams EXCEPT the Codheads ..

DM

Adhoc
udonmap.com

Post by Adhoc » September 21, 2018, 1:55 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
September 21, 2018, 11:48 am
Pleased to see Leeds toppa the Championship pile =D> maybe this just could be their year after so many decades upon decades in the footballing wilderness ...Khuns Adhoc and Niggley must be planning the EPL promo party
Thanks for your message of support, DM. :lol: I'm starting to get the feeling that the 15 year wait to return to the premiership could be coming to an end. [-o< [-o<
As for my shirts, I have ordered LUFC's home and away shirts from the club shop. they are winging their way to Nongbualamphu as I type. As a special treat, I will wear them on one of my visits to the Tap so you can gaze upon its beauty. :shock:
I am sure we will all be keeping an eye on events at Monkeygland park this weekend. Can the Iron's ginger saviour pull off another win?

MOT

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » September 21, 2018, 2:04 pm

Adhoc wrote:
September 21, 2018, 1:55 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:
September 21, 2018, 11:48 am
Pleased to see Leeds toppa the Championship pile =D> maybe this just could be their year after so many decades upon decades in the footballing wilderness ...Khuns Adhoc and Niggley must be planning the EPL promo party
Thanks for your message of support, DM. :lol: I'm starting to get the feeling that the 15 year wait to return to the premiership could be coming to an end. [-o< [-o<
As for my shirts, I have ordered LUFC's home and away shirts from the club shop. they are winging their way to Nongbualamphu as I type. As a special treat, I will wear them on one of my visits to the Tap so you can gaze upon its beauty. :shock:
I am sure we will all be keeping an eye on events at Monkeygland park this weekend. Can the Iron's ginger saviour pull off another win?

MOT
Those Leeds shirts will be handy for doing the garden or painting in mate !!... cant wait to see you adorned in one hope you ordered the XXXXL

Ginger is the new Yellow :shock: .. must say im not a fan of Mr Macall .. infact cant stand the jerk its bad when you want your team to loose just to get rid of the manager isnt it ..hang on Leeds fans have been doing that fore years n manager after manager ..theyre experts at loosing the plot .

In today warm up practice Mavis zoomed thru 5 portions of chicken Tikka masala 6 kebabs and 3 tubs of Iceland vanilla n black pudding ice cream .... GO MAVIS GO ... a normal Friday lunch for her .

Dm

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » September 21, 2018, 4:43 pm

Shrewsbury fans have been told to bring their own pies to Glandford Prk at the weekend, as the Scunny pie shop will be closed for the day to enable manageress Gladys Lardarse to compete at ----- Rd. Her boss Ivor Ardon thinks she stands an excellent chance of success as the pie shop accounts show she must be eating at least 200 pies every game with 300 being purchased and only 100 sold ;)

Return to “World Sports”