Rats in low bedroom ceiling...

General Udon Thani topics only!
harry68
udonmap.com

Re: Rats in low bedroom ceiling...

Post by harry68 » August 17, 2018, 6:21 am

Pauline Hansen had this problem in the fish and chip shop
she call a pest control guy
he arrived with a saxophone started playing it and the rats ran out and followed him down to the beach and drowned
Pauline was so impressed
She asked can you play the didgeridoo

Tartempion
udonmap.com

Post by Tartempion » August 20, 2018, 5:24 am

Had rats find a way in under the roof for one year (live here 12 years now)
Tried many things including rat cages and caught several each week.
Have a cat since 4 months, rats gone.

Rono
udonmap.com

Post by Rono » July 15, 2019, 7:24 am

Hi There Choi Choi and others ; I will have to take back my guarantee about avoiding rats and mice in attic and bedroom ceiling by spraying mint - and eucalyptus oil. Yesterday I had a pair (= male/female or two friends) of rats again in our ceiling. This morning I had one of them in the rat trap. So after so many months it looks like they get used to the smell or figure out that it is not harmful or dangerous. Rats are very smart creatures! Too bad, I will have to figure out something else to keep them away. In the past I had tried black (ped Thai)pepper powder, but that kept me away also . Too bad, it was good while it lasted, Anybody have a (proven) remedy to keep them away; not poison or glue traps etc etc

Wee Jimmy
udonmap.com

Post by Wee Jimmy » July 15, 2019, 10:53 am

The eucalyptus might be drying out and loosing its strength. My wife scattered mothballs around the loft and encouraged the neighbours cats into the garden.
I hate cats but it certainly did the trick.

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » July 15, 2019, 6:14 pm

We also had rats in the attic. I told my wife to buy some rat poison. She refused because she thought the dead rats would really stink. We had an old mother cat who would climb coconut trees to catch rats. I carried her up a ladder to the attic. She sniffed around and took off. The first night I couldn't believe rats could squeal so loud. Every day I left a pan of water up there for her. She stayed up there for three days and wouldn't come to me. The fourth day she came to me and she was ready to come down. No more rat problems.

Added - I forgot to mention that I cut a hole about a foot square so the cat could get into the attic from outside. That sounded like a good idea but she decided the attic was a good place to have her kittens. I ended up covering it back up.
Last edited by glalt on July 21, 2019, 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Essex
udonmap.com

Post by Essex » July 15, 2019, 7:19 pm

harry68 wrote:
August 17, 2018, 6:21 am
Pauline Hansen had this problem in the fish and chip shop
she call a pest control guy
he arrived with a saxophone started playing it and the rats ran out and followed him down to the beach and drowned
Pauline was so impressed
She asked can you play the didgeridoo
I am independently poor

choi choi
udonmap.com

Post by choi choi » July 15, 2019, 7:25 pm

Wee Jimmy wrote:
July 15, 2019, 10:53 am
The eucalyptus might be drying out and loosing its strength. My wife scattered mothballs around the loft and encouraged the neighbours cats into the garden.
I hate cats but it certainly did the trick.
I'll go with that! Rather have the rats! :-"

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”