udonmap.com

Re: British PM to face No confidence vote tonight

Post by Lone Star » January 20, 2019, 6:57 pm

tamada wrote:
January 20, 2019, 11:00 am
Lone Star wrote:
January 19, 2019, 5:52 pm

Was this Gove's finest hour?

I have read many accounts applauding and praising this speech. All write and agree that Corbyn is not a good fit to be PM, but they also point out that the Conservative party has let them down when it comes to BREXIT.

Can anyone provide an "inside UK" perspective?
Like most contributors, I'm not inside UK but here's an alternative view on Gove's latest, desperate attempt to be noticed.

Gove writes his own obituary, as Brexiteers insist that their moment is about to arrive

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/20 ... nt-arrive/

"The Brexiteers are also united by a Plan B which, rather than the “default managed no-deal” so despised by Remainers, could actually stand a chance of uniting the party.

Former Brexit secretary David Davis calls it “Plan A Plus and A Better Deal”, ERG deputy chairman Steve Baker calls it “A Better Deal and A Better Future” but both proposals amount to the same thing: A call to Mrs May to replace the Irish backstop with a Northern Irish border protocol based on an interim Free Trade Agreement and customs and trade facilitation agreement."

All fine and dandy until you factor in the Tories confidence and supply malarkey with the DUP.
Thanks for the feedback. I'll check it out.

AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » January 20, 2019, 6:58 pm

saint wrote:
January 20, 2019, 2:48 pm
. . .

No deal , appears to be the only answer .Or be shafted for ever more.
It's looking that way to me too.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » January 20, 2019, 9:54 pm

20190120-214902.jpg

Cabinet Brexiteer L i a m Fox:
"Failure to deliver Brexit would produce a yawning gap between Parliament and the people, a schism in our political system with unknowable consequences."

I can only imagine that it would have the potential to be larger than the Yellow Vests in France.
Last edited by Lone Star on January 21, 2019, 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » January 20, 2019, 10:00 pm

Lone Star you and giggle need to meet and fornicate and have a baby ah sorry u already did last name Trump

Faraday
udonmap.com

Post by Faraday » January 21, 2019, 5:11 am

dunroaming wrote:
January 20, 2019, 10:00 pm
Lone Star you and giggle need to meet and fornicate and have a baby ah sorry u already did last name Trump
Does get rather tedious; I put Giggle on 'foe' recently. Most of what he posts is really rude, don't understand it why he has to be so persistent.

Then again, walking around Central always illustrates the high number of socially inept losers are that are here, who think that because they have a few quid/dollar/rupee in their trousers, they are somehow like the rest of us.
(bit of a long sentence) :D

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » January 21, 2019, 6:16 am

Faraday wrote:
January 21, 2019, 5:11 am
dunroaming wrote:
Does get rather tedious; I put Giggle on 'foe' recently. Most of what he posts is really rude, don't understand it why he has to be so persistent.

Then again, walking around Central always illustrates the high number of socially inept losers are that are here, who think that because they have a few quid/dollar/rupee in their trousers, they are somehow like the rest of us.
(bit of a long sentence) :D
Faraday I must admit I do sometimes wind up people as it's just my sense of humour (very dry) but I do agree with you. I haven't seen many posts if any from giggle where he hasn't been downright obnoxious, would love to see him giving out his opinions in a Bar type area - wouldn't last long that's for sure

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » January 21, 2019, 7:26 am

:D
Last edited by Galee on January 21, 2019, 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thaiguzzi
udonmap.com

Post by thaiguzzi » January 21, 2019, 10:35 am

dunroaming wrote:
He can't.
He's already married to Vince M.
I believe they have been trying, unsuccessfully, for the last few months for a pregnancy.

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » January 21, 2019, 11:44 am

It appears to me Udon Map Britons are far more interested in commenting on US politics than in offering their opinions of their own government quickly swirling down the toilet. Why, I wonder, is that?
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 21, 2019, 2:06 pm

Lone Star wrote:
January 20, 2019, 9:54 pm
20190120-214902.jpg

"Failure to deliver Brexit would produce a yawning gap between Parliament and the people, a schism in our political system with unknowable consequences."

I can only imagine that it would have the potential to be larger than the Yellow Vests in France.
Dr Fox is a wee bit late to the party. The yawning gap is actually a chasm and it's been getting bigger and bigger for many years already and started well before Brexit was invented. Maybe the later years of Blair's 'new labour' just before they let Brown shoot them in the foot. Then a marvelous 8 years of varying Tory coalitions filling their boots.

I doubt that we'll see the likes of the French yellow jackets though. If it does start, it will inevitably be in London and the Met are far, far too good at 'kettling' these things at birth. They drown kittens too.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » January 21, 2019, 6:03 pm

tamada wrote:
January 21, 2019, 2:06 pm
Lone Star wrote:
January 20, 2019, 9:54 pm
20190120-214902.jpg

Dr Fox is a wee bit late to the party. The yawning gap is actually a chasm and it's been getting bigger and bigger for many years already and started well before Brexit was invented. Maybe the later years of Blair's 'new labour' just before they let Brown shoot them in the foot. Then a marvelous 8 years of varying Tory coalitions filling their boots.

I doubt that we'll see the likes of the French yellow jackets though. If it does start, it will inevitably be in London and the Met are far, far too good at 'kettling' these things at birth. They drown kittens too.
Appreciate the feedback!

No matter what level of disappointment is reached, at least half the country won't be happy.

Short term reorganizing and autonomy for the UK honoring the BREXIT vote seems much better than being forever under the thumb of Brussels.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » January 22, 2019, 5:30 am

Giggle wrote:
January 21, 2019, 11:44 am
It appears to me Udon Map Britons are far more interested in commenting on US politics than in offering their opinions of their own government quickly swirling down the toilet. Why, I wonder, is that?
Always open season on the US, but when things start looking a little dicey in the UK and outsiders comment -- not even in a disparaging way, but inquiring or just reporting what's in the press -- there is a rise in sensitivity. Some would say that's a bit hypocritical to not be able to take what they have dished out on others.

I'll say it again. I hate seeing a once-proud UK going through what their politicians have put them through with the EU. I'm sure Winston Churchill, one of my personal heroes, is spinning endlessly in St. Martin's Church.

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » January 22, 2019, 8:26 am

Why is this happening quite simple actually it's called democracy and believe me all will be resolved eventually and good to see a plan was formulated then dismissed by a democratic vote as not in the countries best interests. Democracy will allow us to eventually arrive at the best solution that works for the majority not the minority just as it was intended End off

vidmaster
udonmap.com

Post by vidmaster » January 22, 2019, 10:04 am

Don’t know what the fuss is about
MPs voted with 400+ majority that if no deal by 29/3/19 then we go out don’t pay any £39BILLION!!! and use WTO rules
Then we can all watch the EU tossers squirm as their “ Empire” just gradually wilts away
End of ( not “ off”)
Thank you and good night
Last one leaving the EU please turn out the lights

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » January 22, 2019, 10:59 am

vidmaster wrote:
January 22, 2019, 10:04 am
Don’t know what the fuss is about
MPs voted with 400+ majority that if no deal by 29/3/19 then we go out don’t pay any £39BILLION!!! and use WTO rules
Then we can all watch the EU tossers squirm as their “ Empire” just gradually wilts away
End of ( not “ off”)
Thank you and good night
Last one leaving the EU please turn out the lights
That's how I see it based on all that I've read.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » January 22, 2019, 12:23 pm

Last one leaving the EU please turn out the lights..... =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » January 23, 2019, 10:21 am

20190123-032028.jpg

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » January 28, 2019, 10:53 pm

20190128-222112.jpg

Getting testy.

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » January 29, 2019, 10:58 am

More intolerant, disillusioned, and disunited. Yep. And it appears the more dysfunctional their own government becomes, the more they criticize others in order to deflect their own problems. Childlike.
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » January 30, 2019, 8:42 pm

Giggle wrote:
January 29, 2019, 10:58 am
More intolerant, disillusioned, and disunited. Yep. And it appears the more dysfunctional their own government becomes, the more they criticize others in order to deflect their own problems. Childlike.
The thought did cross my mind.

Return to “U.K.”