World Cup

General sports news and discussions.
Barney
udonmap.com

World Cup

Post by Barney » June 3, 2019, 8:26 pm

348. Good score from the Pakistan team.
Plenty of cheers and smiles with all eyes on the box for the England innings up Bradford way.

Well that was a close one for Pakistan. England nearly got there. The pre-tournament arrogance of the English media and the overconfidence of the team with the constant talk that England with the best tournament batting line up can chase any score above 300 has come back to bite them. Yes they can constantly score above 300. Even with 2 centurions this time out they seem to have reached a peak of exactly how many they can score above 300. 330 seems their limit.
Their first up bowlers seemed to be ares about. The first change bowler should have kicked off proceedings. England’s weakness has been exposed early and other teams are working n the money hitting big on the Poms little grounds.
Big test for Australia now in their next hit out will be the bowlers being under pressure in combatting the unbelievable 6 hitting power of my dark horse team the WI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Re: World Cup

Post by stattointhailand » June 4, 2019, 9:06 am

England undone by a fr*ggin' South African :evil:

Butter fingers in the field spilling an easy catch (costing 50 odd runs), and then so much up his own *rse that he wastes the teams review 13 balls into the innings when it was clearly never gonna be overturned [-X [-X [-X

Congtats to Pakistan who came back from the horrors of their first match especially when the "Pakistani" reporters were questioning "if England batted first could they break the 500 ?" :-&

Barney
udonmap.com

World Cup

Post by Barney » June 4, 2019, 4:13 pm

Battle of the cellar dwellers tonight. But one team will end up equal on point to the host country.
Malinga the slinga will be fired up and just may be the difference for SL with his thunderbolt sandshoe crushers.

marjamlew
udonmap.com

Post by marjamlew » June 4, 2019, 6:59 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
June 4, 2019, 9:06 am
England undone by a fr*ggin' South African :evil:

Butter fingers in the field spilling an easy catch (costing 50 odd runs), and then so much up his own *rse that he wastes the teams review 13 balls into the innings when it was clearly never gonna be overturned [-X [-X [-X

Congtats to Pakistan who came back from the horrors of their first match especially when the "Pakistani" reporters were questioning "if England batted first could they break the 500 ?" :-&
You just never know if the money "is on" with the Pakis. Looks like the Lankans might be having a dip with the bookies today.
Watch Me!!

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 4, 2019, 7:47 pm

Typical innit ....

Yer get all the sheep sh*t off the wicket and the slag heap moved from the outfield so as they can have a game of cricket in Welsh Wales and then it bloomin' well rains. :roll:

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 4, 2019, 9:36 pm

restart due 4pm (41 overs per side)

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » June 6, 2019, 4:02 pm

Big test very soon tonight with the Windies most likely primed for a big one. Chris Gayle did seem to have his back problem return last hitout. That might mean he does like in the past, just smash 4’s and 6’s and not bother to run.
Aussies should get the job done though and go to the table lead with the NZ boys.

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » June 7, 2019, 11:36 am

You gotta question the umpiring in this match. Gayle given out when he should have been facing a 'free ball'.
With luck like this put your money on the Aussies.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » June 7, 2019, 1:14 pm

You can question the umpiring in any match - doesn't change the result though.

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » June 7, 2019, 2:08 pm

jackspratt wrote:
June 7, 2019, 1:14 pm
You can question the umpiring in any match - doesn't change the result though.
Different degrees of umpiring cock ups. This one was almost as bad as you can get.

Have you seen the match? What's your opinion on the umpires mistake?

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » June 7, 2019, 3:02 pm

Great win by the aussies and fantastic efforts by Starc to get a 5 for and Coulter-Nile to get a well earned 92. Really nice clean power hitting.

Not the best team performance by us but it does show that individuals from the team can and will have an impact.

The WI's unfortunately being in England for a while now have caught the well worn Pom vibe of, if the game goes the wrong way, then whinge about what others did wrong to deflect the real blame, or am I confusing Brexit there. Any way there were mistakes but not for the first time in international cricket. The review system did help them immensely which is what it is for. They lost the game by not taking a couple of vital catches which gave the aussies the vital 30 odd extra runs required to give their bowlers a chance, especially after their opening bowlers really stuck it up the aussie first 5 or 6 batsmen by using them as punching bags on the ropes. Many other teams would have capitulated. The windies will continue with the short stuff and this will intimidate a few teams.
Pakistan to win tonight in a close one.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 7, 2019, 4:37 pm

"Pakistan to win tonight in a close one."

Thats if they ever get started ...... its down in the West Country ..... bound to be plenty of Brizzle Drizzle :lol:

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 7, 2019, 4:39 pm

Just looked to see how it was going ....... shock horror ..... delayed coz of rain :roll:

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » June 7, 2019, 6:23 pm

It looks a washout, unfortunately nothing to see here move along folks.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 7, 2019, 7:00 pm

Competition need to be revamped so as it will fit into the English Summer (18th - 23rd Sept)

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » June 8, 2019, 10:19 am

Long way to go in this tournament. Let’s hope the English summer can provide good weather and not to many more washouts.
Washouts for the English games will certainly put a dent into in their aspiration to push for at least a 4th place to have a crack in the semi’s.
What will the Cardiff weather hold for the vital game for Bangladesh today.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 8, 2019, 8:26 pm

England 386 - 6

If the bowlers let them chase that score down there needs to be an armed guard on the civilized side of the severn bridge making sure they have to spend eternity shaggin' sheep in the valleys :lol:

Afganies were 66 - 0 ..... now 66 - 3

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » June 9, 2019, 11:27 am

Huge win for England. To be expected I suppose, England are the odds on favourite in the tournament.
Bangladesh just don’t have the bowling fire power to close out a game. The Poms treated the last 5 overs as a 20 over game. Must have scored 60 plus in that time. But the size of the oval is extremely small for recognised international big hitters. A big hit of 85 meters was out of the ground and a new ball called for.
Our kiwi mates made short and easy work of the minnows Afghanistan.
Crucial match today. India vs Australia. I’ve polished the crystal ball again and looked deep.
Aussie’s easy victors.

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » June 10, 2019, 1:56 am

Barney wrote:
June 9, 2019, 11:27 am
Crucial match today. India vs Australia. I’ve polished the crystal ball again and looked deep.
Aussie’s easy victors. Image

Whoops!!

Just watched footage of Zampa playing pocket billiards. Hmmmmmmmm.....doesnt look good

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » June 10, 2019, 8:17 am

It doesn't look good whatever the hell he's doing. Langer should have told his lads not do anything suspicious because the internet is full of armchair critics itching to have a go. :lol:
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

Return to “World Sports”