Toshiba air con

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
vincemunday
udonmap.com

Toshiba air con

Post by vincemunday » July 24, 2018, 6:50 pm

After we finished building the bungalow we went to Global House and bought a Toshiba air con unit. We chose the unit on the recommendation of the salesman, we get a few power cuts out here and he said these units handle it better. After the installation we soon became aware of a loud cracking noise which was that loud it would wake myself and the dear lady wife up. So, off we trotted to Global House and asked them to exchange it, it'd only been installed a couple of days but they basically refused, they said that we had to have it repaired. So, out came the engineer, refitted it and lo and behold the old cracking noise was still there. After a while he admitted the unit was faulty and pointed out that Thai people don't usually complain about noisy units and he agreed we could return it and get a new unit which we subsequently did. Out came the engineer again, cursed the last engineer for not fitting the last unit properly and assured us after this installation everything would be okay, it wasn't, this unit was even noisier with the cracking sound happening almost constantly. Off we trotted back to Global house, once again they didn't want to change the unit and insisted we had it repaired...again... We refused, said we wanted to change the unit to a Samsung and after much rowing they agreed to change the unit but said they wouldn't refund the 1500 baht fitting cost. After lots of arguing they grudgingly agreed to fit the new unit without extra cost and they kept us waiting for two hours while they processed the "refund". After this debacle I recommend a, that you avoid Toshiba like the plague and b, be prepared for a hard time trying to get your faulty unit replaced if you use Global House.

The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Re: Toshiba air con

Post by dunroaming » July 24, 2018, 7:28 pm

Vince

LG have same issue but hitachi and Samsung are by far the best ones to fit when living in the village. Also Dual converter type A/C's are not recommended for village life as electric cuts ruin them. When power out both Hitachi and Samsung also run well on our generator

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Post by Hoopoe » July 25, 2018, 8:35 am

Vince , dont know which Global house you used ,but i had a run in with the original one on the ring road , same sort of thing refusal to change shoddy goods, the manager had Farang hater written all over him ,this was after it changed hands ,( i presume as the original sign was taken down), so i don't shop there at all now ,

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Post by Marcosteffano » July 25, 2018, 11:16 am

If like me you get lots of power cuts,don't get inverter type ac.got a 30,000b Samsung that need looking at constantly.it seems hit and miss with acs out here.i pulled out four ancient LGs that were going great but looked too old for the modernised house.tried to fix something that wasn't broke and learned the hard way.i love the way they've got these 10yr warranty stickers on the units that ain't nothing but bs.

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » July 25, 2018, 2:03 pm

I appears, at least to me, that inverter air cons should be avoided. They may be good and efficient, BUT, the Thai servicemen simply do not have the expertise to repair them if there is a problem. I have a 12,000 BTU Panasonic unit sitting in my garage that never worked right and after the one year warranty expired, it died. I refused to pay 7,500 baht to replace the main board. Three different companies inspected it and none of them could tell me why the board failed. Panasonic Thailand refused to answer my emails. The companies would not guarantee the new board other than it would be working when they left. The piece of crap Panasonic was replaced with an LG inverter which is working properly. It recovers by itself after a power failure but I turn off the circuit breaker when it is not being used. I have a 9,000 BTU conventional Samsung in the bedroom that still works great after ten years.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » July 25, 2018, 3:02 pm

Yes Marco, I agree, we purposely looked for non inverted units, we have 12 other non inverted Samsung units, they all operate day on and day out without any hassle and I should have stuck with my original desire to make it 13 instead of being talked out of it by the salesman, I'm usually pretty tough but had a moment of weakness. We used the Global House on the Khon Kaen road, eventually we got a full refund but it was tough going, they've not done themselves any favours, we have spent lots of money in that store but they'll not get another baht from me, not that they will care of course, they seem to get satisfaction by making things difficult.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » July 25, 2018, 3:21 pm

Another point to remember is salesmen are on commission when selling you electric goods, hense they will push what has the best commission that month. The wife knows one of the sales people in Du home who previously worked in Thaiwatsadu who confirmed they are told what to push out the door. Your eye is very much your merchant here in los

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » July 25, 2018, 3:35 pm

likely by pushing a particular product the manufacturer gives rebates to the vendor or.. the vendor is trying to push a particular brand/model out the door to clear its stocks.. Bottom line; know what you're looking for, go on line and review the different models to ensure you get what you want.
Dave

Return to “Open Forum”