Udon immigration > Bangkok immigration

Thailand visa and Immigration forum
RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » January 21, 2015, 6:38 pm

Has anyone gone to Bangkok Immigration from this area, NE, for any reason for a VISA of any type? Looking for a yes and they told me I had to go to Udon, or yes and there was no problem.

I did it years ago with no problem, got what I needed. But I have read different posts where you could not do this any more, just wonder if anyone has tried.

Thanks for any input.

Its pretty obvious I am not happy with the so called service at Udon immigration.

I am also looking for a link for complaints, have one for Pheuket thru the Governor's office, but looking for something in Bangkok, or even the Udon Governor's office, if there is such an animal. Thanks

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » January 21, 2015, 7:16 pm

Looks like I have answered my own question per Bangkok immigration Web site
Answer : All national obtaining Non-Immigrant visa are able to apply for extension of temporary stay at the Provincial Immigration office located in the same area of their resident.
Sounds close anyways.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » January 21, 2015, 7:17 pm

Years ago you could go wherever you wanted to and many of us including myself made the annual trek to Bangkok, when they asked why, they got told the situation. Which they already knew.
NOW times have changed you have to renew at the nearest Immigration office to where you live , if you live nearer to Nong Khai you could go there I suppose or KK if nearer to that office, whichever you have to live with what you have or move.
The same now applies to 90 day reporting, there is no get out clause. personally I have found them most accommodating, providing you talk to them .

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » January 21, 2015, 7:27 pm

Seems that I also found the COMPLAIN button on their web site

http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/bas ... ge=comment

Although when you get there it says comment, not sure a complaint = a comment

waanjai
udonmap.com

Post by waanjai » January 21, 2015, 7:34 pm

Since end of 2009 the principle of region of residence is applied in answering the question: What immigration office is the one I have to go to.
It all started with a rather big step to enlarge the number of immigration offices all over Thailand in such a way that there would be at least one immigration office for a maximum of 2 provinces. From that point on, immigration Udon became the competent office not only for all residents of Udon Thani province but also for all residents in Nong Bua Lam Phu province.
Immigration_Division_2.doc
(132 KiB) Downloaded 132 times
Please wear suitable clothing when attending a concert in Udon Thani. Slacks and short-sleeved shirts are ok, shorts, tank tops or muscle shirts are not.

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » January 21, 2015, 7:37 pm

Khun Paul wrote:Years ago you could go wherever you wanted to and many of us including myself made the annual trek to Bangkok, when they asked why, they got told the situation. Which they already knew.
NOW times have changed you have to renew at the nearest Immigration office to where you live , if you live nearer to Nong Khai you could go there I suppose or KK if nearer to that office, whichever you have to live with what you have or move.
The same now applies to 90 day reporting, there is no get out clause. personally I have found them most accommodating, providing you talk to them .
Oh, and yes I did talk to them. Got the head guy and thought it would be fast and easy. Wrong, spend over an hour with him as he signed / took money / made change / answered questions / and did I say sign documents. Only to find out that my year retirement visa was only good for 3 months, which is not what they had been telling me before today. When I pay for a year I expect to get a year, not 3 months, after being told "No Problem"

I should add that watching all of this it was strange that everyone was paying 2,000 baht and the only time I saw change was for 200 baht, which didn't make much sense.

Has the price increased by 100 baht? or is that just in Udon?

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » January 21, 2015, 8:03 pm

From the Bangkok web site downloaded tm7 and it still says that the fee is 1,900 baht, so I guess it just 2,000 in Udon :(

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » January 21, 2015, 9:06 pm

Guess its not just Udon

Patong immigration officer removed amid corruption claims

The officer who allegedly charged foreigners for free services has been removed from the Patong Immigration office.

http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-new ... 40keI.dpuf

Happens all the time in Udon!

waanjai
udonmap.com

Post by waanjai » January 21, 2015, 9:09 pm

Do You still have a question? :lol:
Please wear suitable clothing when attending a concert in Udon Thani. Slacks and short-sleeved shirts are ok, shorts, tank tops or muscle shirts are not.

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » January 22, 2015, 12:51 pm

extensions need to be done at immigration area you reside , 90 day's you still can do at any office in thailand...
but anything is possible in los... ;)

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » January 22, 2015, 2:06 pm

Nope 1900 baht just give them 1900 they do not have top search for the change then, they no lose face, you no get angry...simple.

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » February 6, 2015, 10:42 am

i must withdraw my former posted comment that 90 day reporting still can be done anywhere in thailand , as i was at immigration recently , and the new rule states that 90 day reports must be done in the same district where you have made your visa extension, so what khun paul posted before was exact info...many 90 day reporters with khon kaen / chonburi enc.visa's were send walking... ;)

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » February 6, 2015, 10:51 am

See I am not a pretty face, it is their way or tightening up on what was a very lax interpretation oif the law. The law has not changed just the interpretation. All good in my book.

Return to “Thailand Visas & Migration to other countries”