Udon Thani Villages?

Get advice on hotels, guest houses, rentals and house sales in Udon Thani.
RichardT
udonmap.com

Udon Thani Villages?

Post by RichardT » December 20, 2016, 12:34 am

Hey, does anyone know a simple way to find information on the 'villages' in and around Udon?

I'm talking about the modern gated developments, not the traditional villages.

I'm looking to rent a place and think a village may suit my needs, but really hard to find any information about them. I see names come up on the odd classified ad but still hard to find any info about the village itself via google. At best I can eventually locate a developer's website with a few non-informative pics and a FB page with one 3 year old post.

I'm sure there must be many of them and all I need is a few pics and location to know if it's worth checking out in person. When I do, I'm hoping I'll be able to find any rental options by asking at the office or driving around the place and spotting rental signs?

Also any advice on a good source of general long-term rental listings would be really helpful too. I'm moving from the South and I'm used to having to drive around to spot places with signs rather than rely just on the net, but Udon's size kinda makes me think that'll be pretty inefficient!

Any info or recommendations would be really appreciated. Struggling to find anything suitable and given my simple requirements and flexible budget, I'm assuming I'm going about it all wrong!

Thanks! :D

old timer
udonmap.com

Re: Udon Thani Villages?

Post by old timer » December 20, 2016, 10:37 pm

You've definatly got the right idea how to source what you are looking for. I'm not an expert on this but I would say that having a look around the places or villages that you like the look of and would like to live in and around Udon would be a good idea. The real estate sites are crap, if you like the look of a place let it be known to those eating som tum and staring at you as if you are mental, that you are looking for a place nearby.
This way you will get results.

OT...... \:D/

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » December 21, 2016, 8:45 am

Richard, if you gave a few "preferences" then someone living local may be able to provide some info.
One or two storey
How many beds
How far out of town
Must be near .xxxx
Pref North/South/East/West
Rent to buy later
Long term /Short Term rent

etc etc

I'm 5km North and there are several within a couple of Km of here Sapasin/Panarin Park/ and a new dev all within 100m of each other

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » December 21, 2016, 9:13 am

I don't think this is something that you can do remotely from Udon Richard.
You need to be here & physically tour the area.
Most of the houses for rent don't appear in any sort of advertisement except on the gate of the property itself.
You will struggle if you don't speak Thai, or have help who does, as most of the more reasonably priced rental properties will be Thai owned.
There are advantages (& disadvantages :D ) to just about all the areas with properties. Some, like transportation links (or lack of) are not apparent unless you take some time looking.

Personally I would recommend some time staying in a hotel (there are plenty of cheap & clean rooms to be had in Udon) while you slowly explore the area & find the right property for you.
I know that idea might not suit your personal situation but I think that you will find it difficult to find the best property for you just via the Internet.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » December 21, 2016, 4:31 pm

Agree 100 % looking fro ay rental property here is a nightmare and that is even if you have lived here for a few years, so you , unless you rent a room /apartment or some other well known place for a few months and get out and about , you will not have a hope in hell of getting a reasonable one at a fair price.

RichardT
udonmap.com

Post by RichardT » February 12, 2017, 10:13 am

Thanks for the tips guys. Kinda what I thought. I have just returned to Udon for good and staying in a hotel until I can find somewhere. Will get out and about and see what I come across. I found a website / app that seems pretty good. Just search Google or App Store for DDProperty.

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Post by Marcosteffano » February 13, 2017, 7:47 am

[album][img][img][/img][/img][/album]If you fancy Thai village life I have a modern brand new 2 bed,2bath,3 eco aircon fully furnished bungalow on my walled property,very very secure and private,use of our swimming pool,near very good market and cash n carry.free internet,water,so only electric bill.20 mins from udon,nong wua so.8,000b pm and one months deposit.flexible contract with 2 months notice if you wish to move on.

Return to “Udon Thani Accommodation”