Udorn then.....Udon Now

Udon Thani news, views and comments
parrot
udonmap.com

Udorn then.....Udon Now

Post by parrot » October 11, 2018, 3:55 pm

It's a bit harder to keep up with all the changes going on in Udon these days.......back in the day, I would try most any new restaurant, new coffee shop, new store. Today, that's dern near impossible.

Last night I noticed a Udon news clip talking about the Amman Hotel.....near Nongprajak. In Udon? I had to go. I don't know if they'll be able to live up to their 5-star expectations service-wise, but the place is way way way over the top in design and class. It has a Middle-East design......sort of strange for Udon......no liquor......but if you're looking for class, this would be the place. Deluxe rooms are on special at 1800 a night.....junior suite (not on special) at 6000. Table-clothed dining tables and cloth napkins and a full menu with prices that, at a glance, appeared to be reasonable. 55 rooms total.
http://www.ammanuniquehotel.com/

During lunch at Dose, my friend mentioned a new coffee shop......another one!!.......but I've been meaning to try this place, so I dropped by after lunch for a look-see. It's called Bluekoff.......at the corner next to Toon Koon Hotel on Makkaeng Rd. It's a top-end coffee shop with a big line of beans available for sale. A nice menu......similar (but different) than Dose. Very nice outdoor garden, koi pond/waterfall.
https://www.facebook.com/bluekoffudon/
Nice additions, all around, to the Udon landscape!

joepai
udonmap.com

Re: Udorn then.....Udon Now

Post by joepai » October 11, 2018, 4:23 pm

Table-clothed dining tables and cloth napkins

Doubt if will catch on :-"
I was born with nothing and still have most of it left

MusicalBars
udonmap.com

Re: Udorn then.....Udon Now

Post by MusicalBars » October 11, 2018, 6:12 pm

im afraid the hotel lost me at no licor and why spend all that money on a hotel and have a useless website

Return to “Udon Thani News”