UK Visa

General Udon Thani topics only!
choi choi
udonmap.com

UK Visa

Post by choi choi » December 4, 2018, 1:01 pm

A friend is applying for a Visit Visa UK. She has a farang husband married two years.
They applied before but was refused entry because "Not enough funds"
He works in UK and earns about 2,000 pound a month.Has house.
Also they said he was not sending money to her for support
Since then he has sent money to her every month
I am wondering if maybe if he applied again , they maybe issue a Visa?
Has anyone had a similar experience as this?

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Re: UK Visa

Post by dunroaming » December 4, 2018, 1:16 pm

Yes would definitely apply again but it's not only what's on the application that they are looking for its what's not on there such as proof of relationship, proof of husband d's visits to see wife financial support such as money going in regularly etc etc also they look at reasons for visitor to return to home after visit. My wife was refused first time as many are but last 6 visas were simple process if you follow the rules

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » December 4, 2018, 3:15 pm

But Surely " If They have been MARRIED For 2 Years " Why Ain't they living TOGETHER,Either HERE Or in The U.K...

choi choi
udonmap.com

Post by choi choi » December 4, 2018, 6:18 pm

Thats the point of the Visa! He cant stay Thailand. He is only late 40s and working.
He thought once married he have no problem take her with him. But Not so!
It's laughable how all these undisirables manage to get into UK and get preferencial treatment
Yet done legally, dificult to do!

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » December 4, 2018, 6:33 pm

He does make enough for a stay visa but they won't issue that straight off the bat. Start with a visitor visa then another then the stay visa. Over the years I haver completed more than 15 approved visa applications Including stay visa. Last one was last month 2 year visitor and passport back in 8 days. It's the backup paperwork that kills many applications they now publish guidance on what they are looking for as a minimum

ajsp9
udonmap.com

Post by ajsp9 » December 4, 2018, 9:38 pm

dunroaming wrote:
December 4, 2018, 6:33 pm
He does make enough for a stay visa but they won't issue that straight off the bat. Start with a visitor visa then another then the stay visa. Over the years I haver completed more than 15 approved visa applications Including stay visa. Last one was last month 2 year visitor and passport back in 8 days. It's the backup paperwork that kills many applications they now publish guidance on what they are looking for as a minimum
Possibly a good move. One of the other principle reasons when the UKBA issue a visit reason is they take into account the reason to return of the Thai National to Thailand. Ironic as it may sound as there a married, it may pay to start off this way and if she has a house, job , kid in Thailand this can assist as the reason to return after the visit. Perhaps build up a few then apply for a Spouse Visa.

Dare I say it but THAI VISA used to have some good info on it..........but I'm going back 11 years when I needed it. thankfully (i think !) its in the distant ass as the Mrs has a UK passport now, but I do remember how frustrating the process is. Good luck

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Post by Hoopoe » December 5, 2018, 8:56 am

Also don't forget ,if you have everything in place ,all documents correct ( if the not talked about monthly quota is full) then they are going to find any reason to reject the application,
They did this to us in2003/2004 ( in the days of the scandal of plunket's venezualan nanny ,) i was furious ,their reason for refusal , she was candid with the information ,,i appealed ,but you kick one they all limp wether right or wrong ,
so i took them to court in Manchester (did everything myself ,at the time i was not aware of the Immigration assistance bureau , i dont advise anyone to go this way as its very stressful ) I won the case on a Human rights issue ,
the embassy contacted my wife to inform her that her visa was ready for collection , so i flew over and went in with her, they then started to really mess us around ,this is when i lost it , when your really pissed off with all the right documents , they soon scurried for cover ,( so don't tell me that getting angry in the Embassy gets you nowhere ,it worked for me )Two top officials came out to deal with us ME , i calmly explained what we had been through, and now the ******* want us to wait 5 hours to the time they issue out the visa's in the afternoon ,i then requested to meet MRS MARGARET GRAHAM MOSSES (the negro who first reject the application ) this was met with "she's not present today "10 minutes later wifes passport in hand stamped and apologies ta boot , a report came through that Margaret Graham Moses got sacked ,IF THIS IS true i would love it to be due to the sh-t storm i kicked up,, Everything has changed now it's all done through the agency ,
Just thought i'd share this with yall \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”