Up loading photo's

Udon Thani Forum help, support, rules, & announcements
Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Up loading photo's

Post by Hoopoe » March 23, 2017, 7:08 am

Hi Guys this dim wit doesn't know how to up load photo's etc , ( maybe forgot ? ) i was just going to post photo's of the damage done to my sister inlaw's restaurant , any useful hints would be helpful ,

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Re: Up loading photo's

Post by BobHelm » March 23, 2017, 7:59 am

There are 2 ways of doing this. Both ways have advantages & disadvantages.

The easiest way is to use a Photo Sharing Site.
Papafalang uses imagem to upload his.
Basically you upload your photo{s} to their site & then they give you a URL (web address) which you paste into a reply box. There it appears as a picture(s).
The advantage of this method is that the site take care of things like size restrictions & it is pretty simple to do.
The disadvantage is that if the company go out of business then all your photos disappear from the Forum. There have been a few of these over the years!!

The second way is to upload them yourself from your computer.
When you are replying to or creating a message below the area where you type are these 2 tabs.
um1.png
um1.png (11.2 KiB) Viewed 1666 times
You need to click on the Attachment tab & this appears..
um2.png
um2.png (8.29 KiB) Viewed 1666 times
Click on Add Files & a screen similar to this will appear that allows you to find the photo on your PC. I am using Mint as an operating system so your 'view' will look slightly different if you are using Windows.
um3.png
After you have selected the file this screen will appear as the file is uploaded.
um4.png
You have 2 options by the file.
One is to delete it (if you have selected the wrong one, I guess :D ) the other is to Place inline.
If you want a picture to appear in a specific place in the text then just mouse click where you want it to appear & click the Place inline button. Some text will appear in your text, this is the picture - as shown below,
um5.png
um5.png (8.38 KiB) Viewed 1666 times
You just click the 'Add files' button to add a different picture.

If you do not click the 'Place inline' button to locate the picture in the body of the text then they will automatically appear after all your text. They will be in what I think as reverse order though, the first photo you uploaded will appear last etc.

The advantage of this method is that the picture will always remain on the Forum, plus if a viewer mouse clicks on the picture then it will appear 'full size' to them.
The disadvantage is that there are size restrictions on the pictures you upload. Pictures taken with my Samsung S7 are too big to be uploaded without being reduced in size first.
There are various, easy, ways to do that - but that is a new subject!! :D

maxeboy
udonmap.com

Post by maxeboy » March 23, 2017, 10:06 am

https://www.easy-resize.com/en/?gclid=C ... vAodgrIEvg

Simple to use.

Kind regards from

maxeboy
GreatDane born free taxed into slavery

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Post by Hoopoe » March 23, 2017, 5:52 pm

Cheers guys , ,i'm passed the devastation ,now so next time something interesting crops up , i'll give it a whirl , also going to try the easy-resize as i had a problem trying to resize my photo for the India Visa ,

Fatone
udonmap.com

Post by Fatone » March 23, 2017, 6:47 pm

i use windows paint o resize. very easy and already on your pc.
under windows access. just go to resize and put in a percentage

Return to “Forum Help, Support, Rules, & Announcements”