Break-in and Robbery

General Udon Thani topics only!
Philrjones
udonmap.com

Break-in and Robbery

Post by Philrjones » June 10, 2009, 12:32 pm

Hi all,

Well, day before yesterday when TW and I were out shopping, someone broke into the house and stole some stuff. Took some cash, 2 cameras (sony and Samsung), Dopod mobile etc. The Dopod and cameras are all in English so could be difficult to shift here in Udon, particularly the mobile - besides they didn't take any chargers nd the Dopod needs a special one. Went through the house though. Must have scoped out the house for a couple of days to make sure we weren't home.

They broke in the back door - battering in until the frame holding all the security stuff gave way - bent it to buggary. So I guess it's a reminder to all to be extra careful at locking up. I see the same day another farang with TW was robbed as well (on the local TV channel) - interesting if they're targeting farangs. BIB did their usual fingerprinting etc, but I doubt we'll hear anything further.

Oh yes, just got house phone and internet back on this morning after 1 week of not working - what is it with TOT?
Cheers
Phil

747man
udonmap.com

Re: Break-in and Robbery

Post by 747man » June 10, 2009, 12:44 pm

Philr,Dont think the Bas*ards are just targeting Farangs,A Thai Neighbour of ours who run a small eatery in Nong Khai had their house RANSACKED the other night,They Told My Wife THEY took ALMOST everything EVEN down to Half EMPTY bottles of Shampoo,Soap and the likes !! Fu**ing UNBELIEVABLE !! And BATTERED their Dog to Death,So ALL we can do is be VERY Careful,OR Buy a BIG GUN !!!!

jingjai
udonmap.com

Post by jingjai » June 10, 2009, 12:54 pm

Sorry to read of your problem Phil.
Can you provide any details as to where you live? Obviously, if they battered your door in, they would have made considerable noise. So, I'm guessing you don't have any close neighbors?
Perhaps, be thankful you didn't come home and find them in the act.

BRIAN1874
udonmap.com

Post by BRIAN1874 » June 10, 2009, 1:00 pm

Same in Ban Hansa ,Kutchap Rd.Early Monday morning.Not my home.I`ll speak to the person and find out if he wants to offer more info.He is a Forum Member.

TJ
udonmap.com

Post by TJ » June 10, 2009, 1:10 pm

Is anyone using electronic security devices in their homes? A couple cctv cameras outside (fake or not) and a motion detector inside hooked to an alarm (or maybe a tape of dogs barking) wouldn't cost much. Pehaps record your conversations and when leaving turn on a copy of you talking and making domestic noise so it may appear that someone is home.

Seem to remembe a story of some homeowner having a friend fake his death in their house so the locals would have to consider the posibility of a ghost awaiting any intruder.

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » June 10, 2009, 4:19 pm

used some at the old house (all hidden and hooked to tv w/4 way split), 4 cams, and of course the 2-3 meter wall. though once over wall, had all day to get into house, which i even left unlocked at times, figuring, one less door or window i had to replace. windows were alarmed, so if in house i would know if entry made. doors secure enough that i would have to be awaken if entry tried, if there. which is all i cared about.

loved ones safe, the rest is replaceable. and what with killing the dogs, seems to be SOP. too cheap to buy some food and say hello. much easier. turned cams off when not home as not hooked up to any recording devices. one reason i stay where i am now, hate the neighborhood, but house is very secure.

didn't think it was possible, but new owners added security bars/spikes/got few dogs, if you thought it looked like a prison before, you definitely ain't getting in now, though he seems to be getting more snakes in a month than i had in 8 yrs. close them doors.

sorry to hear of the misfortunes, BE CAREFUL, BE SAFE out there, it's only going to get worst with the economy. dress down and look poor.

Mainer
udonmap.com

Post by Mainer » June 10, 2009, 4:30 pm

laphanphon wrote:BE CAREFUL, BE SAFE out there, it's only going to get worst with the economy. dress down and look poor.
Good advice LA. Also when walking about, try to go with a friend, male or female. I don't always adhere to my own advice either, but I should. Even in the middle of the day on a busy city road, you can be in danger.

MALC
udonmap.com

Post by MALC » June 10, 2009, 5:41 pm

sorry to hear about ur bad luck. my freind mr individual who is thai was broken into and they took his computer and other things. any way i got mr individual to fit me 2 cctv cams back front. 5000 bht. they are only dummies. but people have noticed and commented. mr individual works at homart. :D

Ter
udonmap.com

Post by Ter » June 10, 2009, 5:57 pm

Phil sorry to hear about your bad luck, if you need any help with cctv kit or an alarm pm me.

mortiboy
udonmap.com

Post by mortiboy » June 10, 2009, 6:14 pm

I never have a problem.My old banger in the drive(No! not the missus) and old 20 year old m/c,
they know I a poor farang.I have nothing to steal .

tutone
udonmap.com

Post by tutone » June 10, 2009, 8:27 pm

Philrjones wrote:Hi all,

Well, day before yesterday when TW and I were out shopping, someone broke into the house and stole some stuff. Took some cash, 2 cameras (sony and Samsung), Dopod mobile etc. The Dopod and cameras are all in English so could be difficult to shift here in Udon, particularly the mobile - besides they didn't take any chargers nd the Dopod needs a special one. Went through the house though. Must have scoped out the house for a couple of days to make sure we weren't home.

They broke in the back door - battering in until the frame holding all the security stuff gave way - bent it to buggary. So I guess it's a reminder to all to be extra careful at locking up. I see the same day another farang with TW was robbed as well (on the local TV channel) - interesting if they're targeting farangs. BIB did their usual fingerprinting etc, but I doubt we'll hear anything further.

Oh yes, just got house phone and internet back on this morning after 1 week of not working - what is it with TOT?
Cheers
Phil
Wow! This sounds eerily similar to what my friend told me two days ago. He lives in a small compound with three homes in Nong Sam Rong. He said his neighbor was broken into. They took cameras and cash and kicked in the door. It actually happened while my friend was there. He returned home and noticed a motor bike parked outside the gate. Didn't think much of it at the time. He thinks they made their get away after he went into his house. Now he wishes he had taken note of the license number. These people have a big black dog but it obviously did not deter the burglar. So the thoughts are that who ever did this was familiar with the property because the dog is just a slobbering mutt that would never bite or bark at anyone. I've been over there many times and know that that dog is no deterent to a burglar. My friend wishes he had been more diligent but so it goes. Maybe if he had been more inquisitive he might have prevented the theft, or on the other hand he might have walked into a bad situation. He doesn't live far from me and I have started to padlock my gate on the inside so that it cannot be broken open while I am away. Of couse this happens everywhere around the world. I don't believe it is about targeting falangs but more about a crime of opportunity. You just have to be careful and try not to make yourself or your property an opportunity for a crime.

Naam Jai
udonmap.com

Post by Naam Jai » June 10, 2009, 9:35 pm

There have been alot of break- ins around Udon Thani.
Gangs and individuals belonging to the "Havenot's"
They are distressing to the ladies and painful in the pocket of the expats. ( Note the distress by the ladies is NOT about the pain in the pocket of the falang, but whether she will be murdered ior worse in her bed.

Which only leaves the mafioso of Udon Map contributors, "the brave and the free" who always have so much to say, from their fireside, ( no more Jesse's) to come to the Tourist Police seminar on Saturday at the Chareon Hotel and stand up and be (Counted)

It about GUNS brothers.
We need guns to protect ourselves in self defence
Because
Poor response times of the 191'ers
Er... Tourist Police? I await their response
Security by the brave officers of the law (yawn) We finish at 5.30pm
Investigations leading to convictions, (I know they do their best under the circumstances)
Have you READ about the circumstances?

My question is where to buy a firearm in Udon,register it with the local Police and understand the limitations and extentions of making a noise with it ( and possibly more).

This is serious sh-t , brethern

Those who understand single or even double barrelled shot guns and have had/have a lUK icence, to use them, will know what I am about. No need to wear a long coat. a cowboy hat and chew to be effective.

They have the gangs !
Whose for joining an Udon posse?

Ter
udonmap.com

Post by Ter » June 10, 2009, 9:47 pm

Sounds like there's gonna be a lynchin. Well no need to worry about rusty sheriff badges there will be plenty.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » June 10, 2009, 10:03 pm

Naam Jai wrote:There have been alot of break- ins around Udon Thani.
Gangs and individuals belonging to the "Havenot's"
They are distressing to the ladies and painful in the pocket of the expats. ( Note the distress by the ladies is NOT about the pain in the pocket of the falang, but whether she will be murdered ior worse in her bed.

Which only leaves the mafioso of Udon Map contributors, "the brave and the free" who always have so much to say, from their fireside, ( no more Jesse's) to come to the Tourist Police seminar on Saturday at the Chareon Hotel and stand up and be (Counted)

It about GUNS brothers.
We need guns to protect ourselves in self defence
Because
Poor response times of the 191'ers
Er... Tourist Police? I await their response
Security by the brave officers of the law (yawn) We finish at 5.30pm
Investigations leading to convictions, (I know they do their best under the circumstances)
Have you READ about the circumstances?

My question is where to buy a firearm in Udon,register it with the local Police and understand the limitations and extentions of making a noise with it ( and possibly more).

This is serious sh-t , brethern

Those who understand single or even double barrelled shot guns and have had/have a lUK icence, to use them, will know what I am about. No need to wear a long coat. a cowboy hat and chew to be effective.

They have the gangs !
Whose for joining an Udon posse?
God give us strength to defend ourselves - against the gun loonies :confused:

Has anyone been reported as being injured; have any ladies been murdered in their beds?

Unless so, you are talking about protecting your possessions - not yourself.

Udon doesn't need posseys (sp), vigilantes or hang 'em high types.

Naam Jai
udonmap.com

Post by Naam Jai » June 10, 2009, 10:19 pm

OK
Message to the COW hards?
The Non Immigrant Pyriahs must be feared.
Its their properties that are being attacked.
Shoot first, ask question second, when confronted by Thai invaders on your property and defending yourself.
Only those who have held a shot gun licence, or been a member of the Armed forces, in the last 10 years need apply for the 'rusty badge"
Of course you could wait and depend on the 191'ers?

Naam Jai
udonmap.com

Post by Naam Jai » June 10, 2009, 10:25 pm

PS

We have a Thai security officer at the entrance to our estate.
Usually, I wake him at 4am with a hoot as I drive past in the morning :sleepy:
He doesn't instill an awful lot of confidence.
What should I do?
Answers on an Immigration "Departure Card" please :wave:

Ter
udonmap.com

Post by Ter » June 10, 2009, 10:29 pm

Naam jai, stop gluggin the sippin whiskey partner :D

pompui
udonmap.com

Post by pompui » June 11, 2009, 7:30 am

Naam Jai your estate needs to update,most estates now have replaced the useless security guard with cctv at entrance and exit points so you should speak to the estates office.
And I did enquire a few months ago what is the going rate to obtain a firearm in Thailand and of course your TW's village will have someone in the know.My TW's village going rate was 15,000 baht but of course without the paperwork and bullets.Personally I would prefer to slow kill with a baseball bat so it was not an option for me.
All the best 8)

BRIAN1874
udonmap.com

Post by BRIAN1874 » June 11, 2009, 8:44 am

BRIAN1874 wrote:Same in Ban Hansa ,Kutchap Rd.Early Monday morning.Not my home.I`ll speak to the person and find out if he wants to offer more info.He is a Forum Member.
Its done,maybe not the "info" I expected but its there and tremendous entertainment value..More a "lets fight them on the beaches "type thing.Nowt wrong with that... :|There is more to be said about having security grills installed,the excellent response from the BiB and their forensics,who dusted all downstairs windows and found prints,along with their advice on security and why this precise house was targeted. I think BiB`s professional work will result in an arrest.(if perp is not related to BiB :-$ it happens everywhere)I don`t see them now as someone I wind the window down for and hand over 100-200 baht.Their communication has also been fantastic after the event.Along with the excellent co-operation by the banks,if you are to have the complete and utter misfortune to have your house broken in to,I think the response provIded by all concerned in Thailand is probably better than in the UK. . . . . Or should we all go buy guns,stetsons and chewing gum :-s . ???? . . lel ta khun kap

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » June 11, 2009, 8:57 am

I'll bet the police are hopeful of catching a suspect.But it won't help you any.If the thief has any assets ,the police will surely benefit!
Now if you were a phu Thai,the story would have a different ending and the perp,not only would pay,but would hit the slam or be slammed!
Does anyone really believe that the police are here to protect and serve you? :roll: :roll:

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”