Thai Divorce

General Udon Thani topics only!
arjay
udonmap.com

Re: Thai Divorce

Post by arjay » June 15, 2009, 10:42 pm

LL wrote:Good point Bob,,,, Hand it to the village headman who hands it to the Ex,,,, all proper and in the open. Morti good even have the last laugh later,,,,, tell everyone in the neighborhood/village that the Ex wasn't a very good bargainer,,,,,, he would have paid 50,000 Baht because his new wife was worth it.
I would agree, by all means use a third party or intermediary, but I wouldn't mock, criticise, embroider, or make comments about the ex being a poor negotiator or that you would have paid a higher amount. Don't forget this is Thailand, and there are issues of "face" involved here. ;)

To me 5K baht seems reasonable and not excessive, arguably for his time, trouble and signing of documents. Indeed some may consider he was being fair and accommodating, so best to quietly pay and say little or nothing. Least said, least to get a handle on or argue about. ;)

LoongLee
udonmap.com

Post by LoongLee » June 15, 2009, 10:48 pm

Good points Arjay,,,,,,,, maybe best to leave "sleeping dogs lie" and move on.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » June 16, 2009, 6:37 am

It's no big deal. Just give up the bottle for a few days, and you will be ahead financially, you will be healthier, and your girlfriend may be happier.

You may even be able to rest in peace, I mean sleep soundly. 55555

Best wishes on the upcoming nuptials.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » June 16, 2009, 7:17 am

mortiboy wrote:After taking note of so many replies to my plight,seems my best solution is to pay the "fee".
My g/f said her old man will laugh at her when she hands over the money.Now she is pretty gloomy.
Actually they have been apart 9 YEARS!
You can see why Thai women prefer Farangs.This is typical Thai style.Is there now good hearted people here?
Gravy granules in classified adds.................
I just noticed this statement and do not think it is true but would be willing to change my mind if you can provide some facts to back up the statement.

There is a thread running on ThaiVisa about this very topic. The consensus seems to be that Thai women prefer Thai men, even for re-marriage, owing to cultural, social and linguistic reasons.

There is a myth that Thai men will not marry older Thai women who have children, but this is not so. Many Thai men marry these divorced women and accept their children as their own.

It happened quite a bit in the village where I lived. Of course, there were no farangs around there but me. I must admit that other Thai girls would be willing to sacrifice themselves for their family to marry a farang.

It was pointed out on the thaivisa thread that the farang pool is just too small to satisfy the Thai women who want to re-marry even if they solely wanted farang husbands, which they don't.

Some Thai women will not even look at farang men because of the stereotype they have of us as women chasers, men who frequent bars and bar girls, that we drink too much and are unreliable, and not interested in accepting, or trying to fit in with Thai cultural norms.

Please do not ask me for any statistics or facts to back up these statements.

Love is love...and money....and security...well, people meet and marry from everywhere, and, as some of us can well attest, the Thai ladies are very happy that their husband is farang. But this does not mean that all Thai women scorn Thai men as undesirable, untrustworthy, oafs.

mortiboy
udonmap.com

Post by mortiboy » June 16, 2009, 7:20 am

LoongLee wrote:Good point Bob,,,, Hand it to the village headman who hands it to the Ex,,,, all proper and in the open. Morti good even have the last laugh later,,,,, tell everyone in the neighborhood/village that the Ex wasn't a very good bargainer,,,,,, he would have paid 50,000 Baht because his new wife was worth it.

:lol:
Good thinking LL .After deal done! Ok thanks to all !.......That's what friends are for! :love:

Naam Jai
udonmap.com

Post by Naam Jai » June 16, 2009, 7:57 am

If in doubt do nowt
Time is a great healer and leveller.
Offer what you think its worth and stick.

Is it a Thai marriage or civil marriage she wants to escape from?
If the former does it matter?
If the latter wait two years and she can get an automatic divorce?

banpaeng
udonmap.com

Post by banpaeng » June 16, 2009, 9:29 am

Thank you Mr. Tilo for a very informative post. As a lot of Falangs think they are sought out for their money is not always the case. Also as in any race, there are some who would not marry outside of their race for anything. I do not think that makes them racist just wanting to do as they wish and nothing more. Some things turn one on and some don't.

Not all Thai's are after money. Sorry to say this but the money thing is not indigenous to Thailand. It is alive and thriving in Falang land.

Casper
udonmap.com

Post by Casper » June 16, 2009, 10:10 am

Morti, ---- him he should be paying you. Looking after his wife, food, clothes, services rended.

Give the ***** a bill take the 5,000 off the total cost.

Let him put you on retainer until the divorce comes through you cannot be any fairer than that. :D

mortiboy
udonmap.com

Post by mortiboy » June 16, 2009, 11:32 am

Casper wrote:Morti, ---- him he should be paying you. Looking after his wife, food, clothes, services rended.

Give the ***** a bill take the 5,000 off the total cost.

Let him put you on retainer until the divorce comes through you cannot be any fairer than that. :D
I agree, but I will see how much it will cost me first.
It cost me 30,000 baht to divorce my T/W (She is at UK and still don't know!) But That's because I am farang.Should be considerably less for Thai :-k
But my best option is pay up. :evil:

aznyron
udonmap.com

Post by aznyron » June 16, 2009, 11:49 am

just keep things simple if you no longer want to be with your wife just pack and go leave thailand find a new wife and start over who going to check your embassy they have enough to do then play detective
thai Government tell them to pisssss up a rope they have no juristrisction over you once you leave the country this is JMO so why open a can of worms

mortiboy
udonmap.com

Post by mortiboy » June 16, 2009, 12:07 pm

Ron,I am already divorced.T/W refused to comply.So I did a divorce here in her absence.Hence 30,000 baht.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”