Missing property manager !!

General Udon Thani topics only!
NightSky

Missing property manager !!

Post by NightSky » August 18, 2009, 10:16 am

Greetings Udonmap forum readers.
I'm a fan of all things Isan and veteran of one 2 week visit to Udon Thani, accompanied by my Thai GF, whom I met in the US almost 3 years ago.

I'm posting with the hope that one of the seasoned observers of life in Udon reading this blog may have information to share that will make it possible for me to gain contact with Gareth Meadows (see attached pic), owner of Udon Land and Property, a local real estate company.

For 6 months or so, Mr. Meadows has been acting as rental agent for my Thai girlfriend's house and land in Udon while she stays in the US. For the past three weeks, she and I have been attempting to reach him by phone and email in order to discuss urgent business matters. None of our messages have been returned. Neighbors of his business office have told us that the office is rarely if ever open. He has taken a long time responding in the past, but nothing like this.

We will be very grateful for any information or comments you may have that will enable us to contact him.

So now, looking toward the future, and recognizing the possibility that Mr. Meadows will remain missing in action...
Can anyone recommend a person or agency that is capable of providing a reliable property management service for my girlfriend's property? Finding and qualifying a tenant, administering a lease and taking care of grounds maintenance are part of the job.

Many thanks for your interest in reading this post and for any info you may share.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Re: Missing property manager !!

Post by BobHelm » August 18, 2009, 10:33 am

Only today Lee also posted that he was finding it impossible to contact Udon Land & Property.

http://www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/u ... 10088.html

You could look here for an alternative for handling the rental of the property.

http://www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/u ... t7719.html

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » August 18, 2009, 12:11 pm

Have you tried FBI real estate?I don't ever hearing a negative report about him as he has been established in Udon for quite awhile!
http://www.udonrealestate.com/10266.asp

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » August 18, 2009, 12:18 pm

agree, FBI would be good choice, as they will collect and maintain rentals for you. the more experienced in the area. good luck.

jimboLV
udonmap.com

Post by jimboLV » August 18, 2009, 12:22 pm

jimboLV wrote:
BKKSTAN wrote:Have you tried FBI real estate?I don't ever hearing a negative report about him as he has been established in Udon for quite awhile!
http://www.udonrealestate.com/10266.asp
I didn't have much luck with FBI. Called them on a rental house, they said come by the office and they'd show it to us. When we drove all the way across town to their office we picked out two houses that looked good. They said they could only show us one house because gas was so expensive! :shock: So they called the owner to get permission to show the one house, and no answer. They told us they would call us when they contacted the owner. That was a year ago and we're still waiting for that call. Definitely not your typical high pressure real estate people. Meantime, we just drove around and looked for signs and found the ideal house.

Don't know how they would do as a property manager though.

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » August 18, 2009, 12:32 pm

Now I have heard a negative post about them :lol: Never had any dealings with them!

I remember when i first moved to NK,I would see the guy everytime I turned around in NK,In Udon and got the impression he was a go-getter and enjoyed his work!

I have some waterfront property that I was thinking of listing with him because of that,although i would check him out to see if it is the same guy and that he is still a go-getter! :lol:

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » August 18, 2009, 1:28 pm

When we first came to Udon five years ago we rented a place from FBI near Nong Prajak.
Preben was the manager and he was fine.I used to pay him monthly and we'd share a beer in his office.
We came back to Udon just over a couple of years ago and he drove us to view three properties,including one in Khon Kaen so I'm very surprised at jimbo's story.
Was it Preben who dealt with you ?
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

jimboLV
udonmap.com

Post by jimboLV » August 18, 2009, 1:37 pm

Zidane wrote: so I'm very surprised at jimbo's story.
Was it Preben who dealt with you ?
No, there were two Thai women in the office. When I originally called it was a farang gentleman who told me to come over to the office but i didn't get his name. No big deal, but I was surprised at the lack of follow up.

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » August 18, 2009, 3:32 pm

mean while , back at the ranch , where is the missing mr meadows ? has he moved on to pastures new ? has he found the grass greener on the other side of the fence ? :-k :-k :-k never a dull moment i udon !!!!

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » August 18, 2009, 3:37 pm

Too true saint. One can only hope that he has disappeared some where for a few weeks holiday & not that anything more sinister or underhand is involved..

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » August 18, 2009, 4:18 pm

Sure it will come out in the wash...........soon enough..as it always does, you can't keep things quite for too long in a small town like Udon, too many eyes and ears to the ground....know what i mean know what i mean.. ;)

He is still displayed with details on the company website.
Wasn't he running the football a while back..?
Can You Dig It Dug.?

Fawn
udonmap.com

Post by Fawn » August 18, 2009, 8:53 pm

NightSky wrote:None of our messages have been returned. Neighbors of his business office have told us that the office is rarely if ever open. He has taken a long time responding in the past, but nothing like this.
Sounds like he may have gone belly up. He's not still taking his rental commission from you is he?
Doug! Doug! Doug!

panick
udonmap.com

Post by panick » August 18, 2009, 11:34 pm

Fawn wrote:
NightSky wrote:None of our messages have been returned. Neighbors of his business office have told us that the office is rarely if ever open. He has taken a long time responding in the past, but nothing like this.
Sounds like he may have gone belly up. He's not still taking his rental commission from you is he?
If he isn't ..... you can pretty much guarantee that someone is!
Bring back Saint

NightSky

Post by NightSky » August 19, 2009, 4:31 am

He isn't receiving commission because the the house has no tenant. (Yay! or booo! ????)
The snag is that Gareth has not returned the keys.
So, I'm "only" the cost of re-keying away from being in the clear. Could be worse, by a lot.

Thanks to all for the suggestions and wry humor.
Moving along now......

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » August 19, 2009, 7:01 am

worry not dear readers i think ive solved the mystery ... the wife reminded me last night that we did ring mr meadows about 3 months ago to come and view our house on hansa which was , and still is for sale . ill be there at 10 oclock tomorrow he says , well as clued up as a property expert should be to his local area , its obvious to me that as he failed to turn up on the specific day , hes still trying to find the place !!!!!! hope that puts everyones mind at rest . :roll: :roll: :roll:

Fawn
udonmap.com

Post by Fawn » August 19, 2009, 3:51 pm

Source: Udon Property and Land

http://www.udonpropertyandland.com/?q=node/16

Gareth Meadows originates from Lincolnshire in the UK. After completing his academic education, he moved directly into the real estate industry. He joined Messrs. William H Brown, one of the UK’s largest and most reputable firms of Real Estate Agents, Developers & Surveyors. Starting as a junior, and in the remarkably short period of2 years Gareth had risen to the executive position of Market appraiser. His success was due not only to his attention to his duties, but also to the fact that he continued in his studies of his chosen career industry.
Upon moving to Thailand approximately 3 years ago, Gareth chose to live and work in the Eastern Seaboard where the real estate industry, both domestic and commercial, was enjoying boom times. Desiring to extend his experience and knowledge of this country’s real estate market, Gareth then moved on to Bangkok. There he experienced success working at the luxury end of the housing and condo market. Having become tired of the frenetic pace of life in Bangkok, Gareth jumped at the opportunity of joining the Professional as the General Manager, when invited to do so by the Managing Director. He sees Udonthani as being one of the major growth areas in Thailand, and is excited to now be involved in, and with the chance to contribute to, that growth in the town he now considers his permanent home.

Well ask him who the managing director is when he eventually turns up at your house Doug. I wonder if it was his TW/TGF?
Doug! Doug! Doug!

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » August 19, 2009, 3:56 pm

Well He must still be in Udon, as it says he considers... "Udon Is... His Permanent Home".
He might even be reading the forum and be in touch soon.
Can You Dig It Dug.?

douglas
udonmap.com

Post by douglas » August 19, 2009, 7:20 pm

Hi,
When I first came to Udon in 2005, Patts was to much for me, I was recommended to go to UL&P. Two girls there. They showed me a couple of four to five year old properties. I stated I wanted a new prop. and was willing to pay cash. No comprehend. Told them to forget about it after i pointed to a photo of a house on their board and they said not build yet. How they got photo I don't know.
Went to said estate myself and they had four 3 bed and four 2 bed houses built. I checked houses and bought a three bed house. Very good. Got a good deal as i bartered for extras for house at same price.
Cheers Doug.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » August 19, 2009, 9:22 pm

Gareth appears to be absent , having rung him over the past two odd weeks no reply, even his office seems reluctant to divulge his whereabouts, and conundrum at best.

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » August 19, 2009, 9:37 pm

Mmmmm so the office is open then...or at best someone who still works there is contactable, maybe they can get hold of the op's(nightsky) house keys, surely Gareth wouldn't still be carrying them around with him...would he...?
Can You Dig It Dug.?

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”