Water meter

General Udon Thani topics only!
dougness
udonmap.com

Water meter

Post by dougness » September 13, 2009, 9:14 am

Hi,my wifes water meter is broken at her rental house.The bill came up to 1000baht,which the renters claim is not right.My wife believes them.How much is a new meter?I think maybe the line is cracked or has a pinhole.How much would your water bill be,if you had three Thai students in a rental house.I know I should just ask my wife.Just want some input.

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Re: Water meter

Post by Aardvark » September 13, 2009, 9:22 am

In my wifes Village the Water bill is 60 baht a month for every house regardless of usage,don't know about town water ??

martynsnowman
udonmap.com

Post by martynsnowman » September 13, 2009, 9:39 am

our bill is about 160bt a month 4 of us living in the house . down from tesco inside ring road .

jetdoc
udonmap.com

Post by jetdoc » September 13, 2009, 10:16 am

Thailand has been paying my water bill so I don't think about it. :D

mortiboy
udonmap.com

Post by mortiboy » September 13, 2009, 10:21 am

Two years ago,My water meter was stolen.I was told it would be 1,000 baht.But after, they installed it free.
Apparently, first time it is supplied free but if happen again, ....1,000 baht
Mai mee tahng !

jimboLV
udonmap.com

Post by jimboLV » September 13, 2009, 11:10 am

The water meter is usually the first to be blamed, but water meters rarely fail and if they do, they give low rather than high readings. Better check for leaks. As with the electricity, turn off all water faucets and check if the meter is showing usage. If so, then check for leaks, most probably underground.

One of my projects (an underground leaching process) we used hundreds of simple domestic water meters, and checked the calibration monthly. Rarely did we find one that was in error, and then only by a fraction of a percent.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » September 13, 2009, 2:41 pm

I do not think that I have ever had a water bill over 200 baht (as jetdoc says the Government are paying it at the moment). I would also think that a leak is the probably cause rather than the meter...

papaguido
udonmap.com

Post by papaguido » September 13, 2009, 4:33 pm

Our water bill is typically under 300bt. However, a few months back I discovered the water in a toilet in one of our bathrooms was continuously running. The rubber piece which stops the flow of water when the tank is full was stuck and running down the drain all night as I usually noticed first thing in the AM. Not sure how long this was going on for but our next bill after this incident was just over a 1K.

dougness
udonmap.com

Post by dougness » September 13, 2009, 6:21 pm

its always a good idea to replace all the parts in your toilet tank.Its hard to imagine any toilet parts in Thailand drying up due to humidity,but the spud gasket.The spud gasket is between your tank and toilet bowl.One way to get a idea wear your water is going is to add food coloring inside your toilet tank.Youwill know if you have leak,if the color flows to your toilet bowl.Another thing is make sure the lever that you push to flush the toilet is secure,not loose.If you own a bar,you will have a lot of idiots using thier feet to avoid some imaginary disease and this will loosen the flush lever.Thanks for the replys.

BarnicaleBob
udonmap.com

Post by BarnicaleBob » September 14, 2009, 12:36 am

if you check all the flush toilets and sinks for leaks and find none then most likely it is in the pipes. If that is the case you need to find it as soon as possible, all that water going into the ground could result in creating and underground cavern which in turn could become a sinkhole and undermine the building's foundation.

fussychunk
udonmap.com

Post by fussychunk » September 14, 2009, 2:31 am

2 living in the house when I am away, and the water bill was 12 baht last month :?

We do wash honest!

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”