Bank Safety Deposit Boxes

General Udon Thani topics only!
Philrjones
udonmap.com

Bank Safety Deposit Boxes

Post by Philrjones » November 16, 2009, 5:28 am

Hi all,

I've been wondering for some time of safety deposit boxes are available in Udon. I've failed miserably to check every time I go into Kasikorn at Robinsons - age related forgetfulness is my excuse! Anyone know we they're available and how much?

Cheers
Phil

parrot
udonmap.com

Re: Bank Safety Deposit Boxes

Post by parrot » November 16, 2009, 8:47 am

You may need to go to the main office instead of the branches. Bangkok Bank, near clock circle, has them.....Way back in '02 it was 2500 deposit and 400 for the keys. I got it all back after I decided I didn't need it any longer.

Philrjones
udonmap.com

Post by Philrjones » November 16, 2009, 8:50 am

OK, thanks for that mate - I'll go to the main Kasikorn bank when I'm back and check them out.

Cheers
Phil

Ray.Charles
udonmap.com

Post by Ray.Charles » November 16, 2009, 8:58 am

I have one at Kasikorn but not at the branch where I do my banking. But, they were nice enough to call around and find one for me.
Paying B500/yr I thimk for a midsize box.

Philrjones
udonmap.com

Post by Philrjones » November 16, 2009, 5:11 pm

Thanks Ray. 500 for the year seems ok to me. I'll check it out when I'm back.

Cheers
Phil

macduff
udonmap.com

Post by macduff » November 20, 2009, 12:25 am

This is a question i asked my wife about. She has an account at one of the banks in udon but they dont do deposit boxes.Has any members on this forum walked into any bank in udon and ask if they can rent out a box even though you have no account opened

Techland
udonmap.com

Post by Techland » November 20, 2009, 10:28 am

I doubt that as you won't get any box even with account. They are all taken, all the time, as stated on this forum before. So even if one is just available you walk in (jackpot), you definitely will not get it without being a customer of them.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » November 21, 2009, 6:34 am

For years that question has been asked and the answer seems to be the same, I did think of setting up a safe deposit shop as it were, but then the bribes required to operate safely were stupid and to be honest one would beter be employed buying a good safe and a dog, both yours, and obediaent to your whims. probably safer too.

snowball
udonmap.com

Post by snowball » June 29, 2010, 12:38 pm

I recently went into the Bangkok Bank near the clock circle and attempted to get a box. It seems that they will rent
a box for 640 THB/year (apparently no deposit required), but there is a catch. You must buy what looks to me to be
a whole life insurance policy. Now, if they were offering a normal term life insurance policy I might be tempted, but whole and universal life is a bad deal financially, IMO.

Anyway, has anybody else encountered this? Is it really Bangkok Bank policy to demand their customers buy a whole
life insurance policy? If I were Bangkok Bank I would simply raise the per year rental charge say double it every year, until demand equals supply.

Any update on banks in Udon that do legitimate, straight forward business? If they want to charge
3000 THB per year for the box, whatever amount, I just want to rent a box, not buy some product I DO NOT NEED!

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » June 29, 2010, 5:59 pm

See my post dated 21-11-2009, nothing has changed< I am still thinking about setting up a safe deposit place but that requires maximim baht and a good and I mean good concrete person, still hoping to fill the niche as it were.

MALC
udonmap.com

Post by MALC » June 29, 2010, 10:11 pm

hi have been in every bank in udon asking if they do safety deposit boxes. answer no.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”