WARNING, FARANG CON ARTIST

General Udon Thani topics only!
semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Re: WARNING, FARANG CON ARTIST

Post by semperfiguy » November 12, 2010, 9:06 pm

jackspratt wrote:How long do we need to wait for the oft predicted return of Jesus? :-k

Religion (of all varieties) is a scam. Believe in it if you wish, but please don't try to impose it on the rational people of the world - which of course, all religions try to do. In the process, outdoing each other with their radicalism and violence.

Blah! [-( [-( [-(

Interesting Jackspratt, your first sentence is a self-fulfilling prophecy!

2 Peter 3:

3 Above all, you must understand that in the last days scoffers will come, scoffing and following their own evil desires. 4 They will say, “Where is this ‘coming’ he promised? Ever since our ancestors died, everything goes on as it has since the beginning of creation.” 5 But they deliberately forget that long ago by God’s word the heavens came into being and the earth was formed out of water and by water. 6 By these waters also the world of that time was deluged and destroyed. 7 By the same word the present heavens and earth are reserved for fire, being kept for the day of judgment and destruction of the ungodly.

8 But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. 9 The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

2 Corinthians 5

10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive the things done in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad. 11 Knowing, therefore, the terror of the Lord, we persuade men;

JUST ONE BEGGAR TRYING TO TELL ANOTHER BEGGAR WHERE TO FIND BREAD! IT'S THAT SIMPLE. THERE'S NO PRESSURE, SO YOU DON'T HAVE TO FEEL THREATENED. HEREIN IS THE DOCTRINE OF PREDESTINATION: GOD ALREADY KNOWS THE HARDNESS OF YOUR HEART, SO YOU DON'T CHOOSE HIM...HE CHOOSES YOU! GOD'S LOVE COMPELLS ME TO DIRECT YOU TO THE TRUTH...THE REST IS BETWEEN YOU AND HIM!

John 8:32
Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » November 12, 2010, 9:14 pm

So it really is a blank cheque - just keep believing, and pay every month, and eventually it will happen. Ignore any evidence to the contrary in the meantime.

Put me firmly in the "scoffers" (ie rational) camp. :D

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » November 13, 2010, 10:39 am

Thank god Im an athiest Jack.

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » November 13, 2010, 11:06 am

wazza wrote:Thank god Im an athiest Jack.

Psalm 14:1
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

Romans 1
18For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

19Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.

20For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

I SPENT ONE YEAR IN VIETNAM, AND I NEVER MET A SUPPOSED ATHEIST IN A FOXHOLE. WHEN THE SHELLING STARTED THEY WERE ALL CRYING OUT TO GOD. TO SAY THAT THIS WORLD CAME INTO EXISTENCE WITHOUT SUPERIOR PREDETERMINED DESIGN BY THE CREATOR GOD IS EQUIVALENT TO BELIEVING THAT ONE COULD TAKE ALL THE COMPONENTS OF A FINE WATCH, THROW THEM UP IN THE AIR...AND WHEN THEY SETTLED YOU WOULD BE LOOKING AT A COMPLETED ROLEX WATCH. NOW THAT TAKES GREAT FAITH MY FRIEND. SO YOU SEE...YOU DO HAVE SUFFICIENT FAITH TO BELIEVE IN GOD, IT IS SIMPLY MISPLACED FAITH.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » November 13, 2010, 11:43 am

Semp, please keep your religious beliefs where they belong ....... in a church. If you want to believe all that stuff, I have no problem with that, but I would respectfully ask that you do not try to push those beliefs on those that have removed their blinkers.

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » November 13, 2010, 12:03 pm

Please open a new thread for your religious beliefs.

They are off topic in this thread.

patriot
udonmap.com

Post by patriot » November 13, 2010, 12:52 pm

jackspratt wrote:How long do we need to wait for the oft predicted return of Jesus? :-k
I should be up around Christmas time, Jack, hopefully join you and the other disciples in Eddies for supper!!

Eazy-Going
udonmap.com

Post by Eazy-Going » November 13, 2010, 1:00 pm

patriot wrote:
I should be up around Christmas time, Jack, hopefully join you and the other disciples in Eddies for supper!!
Well I hope its not your 'last' one Patriot.

BTW, whilst you're here could you please come change some water into wine for me please, preferably a nice Toscana Chianti Reserva, Chilean Cabernet or a South African Shiraz? Would love to be able to sit down over Crimbo and quaff a nice bottle of Red, not the poor excuse they have for it here.

Many Thanks

wazza
udonmap.com

Easter Holidays Cancelled

Post by wazza » November 13, 2010, 1:06 pm

Some great graffiti a few years ago

Written on some church advertising outside a church

" Jesus Lives "

under it , Easter Holidays Cancelled , it was a hoax

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » November 13, 2010, 2:01 pm

stattointhailand wrote: do not try to push those beliefs on those that have removed their blinkers.
Jesus saves........but Carroll scores from the rebound [-X
St.James.2010

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » November 13, 2010, 2:28 pm

stattointhailand wrote:Semp, please keep your religious beliefs where they belong ....... in a church. If you want to believe all that stuff, I have no problem with that, but I would respectfully ask that you do not try to push those beliefs on those that have removed their blinkers.

OK Statto...I'm happy to keep silent for now. My dad always told reminded me that "you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink". You can kill the messenger, but you'll never kill the message! It will live on into eternity, and I'm pleased that I had an opportunity to shine the light of the Gospel into your eyes. The Bible says "it's the love of God that leads us to repentance". Talk of Hell and the wrath of God never brought anyone to the foot of the Cross of Christ. One day, given the proper time and circumstances, you will realize that nobody in this world loves you more than your Heavenly Father.

By the way ol' chap...I was looking back over this thread, and you're the one that took this thread off in the direction of religion. How is it that a conversation glorifying God is "religious talk", but one where God is mocked and called a "scammer" is not? Shame on you! [-X

by stattointhailand » Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:36 pm

in god i trust...all others have to earn it.

sureley every con artist in the world pales into insignifficance alongside anyone that can make a "SCAM" last 2000 years

Let's get this thread back on track. Please keep us posted on this "con artist" running the streets of Udon.

Respectfully yours,

Semperfiguy

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » November 13, 2010, 2:30 pm

Is that a prophecy for tonight Zid?

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » November 13, 2010, 2:35 pm

Cheers Semp, let's just agree to disagree :lol:

BTW the post of mine that you refer too, has, in it's first line, a quote from your previous post :-k

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » November 13, 2010, 2:48 pm

stattointhailand wrote:Cheers Semp, let's just agree to disagree :lol:

BTW the post of mine that you refer too, has, in it's first line, a quote from your previous post :-k

I beg to disagree with you Sir! That post came from our friend Driller. Here it is:

by DRILLER » Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:33 am

in god i trust...all others have to earn it.

God bless, and thanks for being a good sport! =D> I'll be praying for you and your continued good health and prosperity! [-o<

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » November 13, 2010, 3:08 pm

Private Car park in the CBD in Hobart , Tasmania a few years ago.

Big sign placed at the entrance to the car park, which is owned and run by the RC Church next door,

' Cars parked here without parking permits will be towed away at the owners expense "

written under this sign was the following pice of graffiti

" Forgive us those who trespass against us " - Sign removed in under 2 hrs the next morning

=D>

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”