how not to win a thai lovely

General Udon Thani topics only!
wayneor0
udonmap.com

Re: how not to win a thai lovely

Post by wayneor0 » February 22, 2011, 5:54 pm

grozza wrote:
all thai women only want farang for better income ,the bonus is farang less likely to be unfaithul ,gamble or drink to much.FACT.hello wake up.some take the money short term others long term your choise.all same goal.few poor thai men have a wife .almost all thai men with liveable income do HELLO
if this is what you think of thai women why the hell did you marry your wife,because if i thought thats all my wife married me for to get money short term or long term i wouldnt want a bar of her or any other thai girl for that matter.
mate, providing an income is only the door opener.she wants food on the table ,pay school fees ,money for parents med bills etc.we r on an average to old to poor to find love in our own country let alone with a lady 20 yrs younger.this meeting of needs gives us the chance to turn both our needs into real love thai women once they commit to u r loyal caring and loving by nature.

Welshboy
udonmap.com

Post by Welshboy » February 23, 2011, 2:37 am

Wayneor wrote.
mate, providing an income is only the door opener.she wants food on the table ,pay school fees ,money for parents med bills etc.we r on an average to old to poor to find love in our own country let alone with a lady 20 yrs younger.this meeting of needs gives us the chance to turn both our needs into real love [i have yep **** happens]thai women once they commit to u r loyal caring and loving by nature.

THIS IS MORE LIKE IT !

A down to earth view of the realities of taking on a Thai wife/gf.
And what is expected of the farang husband.
This is better than all the hard luck stories that are told about X Thai wifes and G/Fs

We never here about the mean, ignorant, bad temperd, foul mouthed, bear drinking, old Farangs that deserves everything that happens to them !
Did they all go back to England with there tails between there legs ? :lol:

If you cant laugh with them, you got to laugh at them.
Colin

arjay
udonmap.com

Post by arjay » February 23, 2011, 9:34 am

After originally reading the OP I was left with a number of questions, and so left this one alone. However still no one has asked the question what sort of "shop" was this girl working in, so I felt obliged to ask: :?

Was she working in a 7-11 or a normal high street shop? If so I wouldn't expect her to be sat drinking beer with a farang for 3 hours or indeed anyone at all!

Was it a local shop out in the sticks? If so, still a bit peculiar, and if some one had bought or shared several beers with her, then I see no need to tip her. And if she was a young innocent girl, I wouldn't have expected her to drink beer either.

Or was she working in a bar beer type "shop"? If so, then I would have expected her to have been bought and drank the odd beer (or any other drink) and received a tip as well, particularly if the customers sat with her for a long time. If a customer chose to drink water and take up her time, then yes a tip would be most appropriate.

It would be helpful if all the facts were presented with these scenarios!!

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » February 23, 2011, 9:50 am

I think its the Pizza restaurant in Kumpawapi,arjay......maybe Wayne will confirm ?

Not to be confused with Pizza & Co. in Central chaps......dont you go getting ideas ! 8)

wayneor0
udonmap.com

Post by wayneor0 » February 23, 2011, 10:17 am

arjay wrote:After originally reading the OP I was left with a number of questions, and so left this one alone. However still no one has asked the question what sort of "shop" was this girl working in, so I felt obliged to ask: :?

Was she working in a 7-11 or a normal high street shop? If so I wouldn't expect her to be sat drinking beer with a farang for 3 hours or indeed anyone at all!

Was it a local shop out in the sticks? If so, still a bit peculiar, and if some one had bought or shared several beers with her, then I see no need to tip her. And if she was a young innocent girl, I wouldn't have expected her to drink beer either.

Or was she working in a bar beer type "shop"? If so, then I would have expected her to have been bought and drank the odd beer (or any other drink) and received a tip as well, particularly if the customers sat with her for a long time. If a customer chose to drink water and take up her time, then yes a tip would be most appropriate.

It would be helpful if all the facts were presented with these scenarios!!
guys read all the thread those plus this thread questions have been covered.plus this thread was started telling the guys to lift there game with the lovelies not more

BarnicaleBob
udonmap.com

Post by BarnicaleBob » February 25, 2011, 12:46 pm

Wayneor0, I can identify with your problem. I have a 24 year old step-daughter who recently graduated from the university who is interested in finding a farang husband. Yes, she speaks English because she took it for several years at the university and has me as a stepdad. Yes, she wants a husband that can support her, why not. One of the advantages of looking for love over just finding love is that you can pick those qualities you would like your husband to have, things such as a job or income so that your married life will not be hindered with undue financial hardships. This is also what I want for her because I want her to have a happy life.
I think it is reasonable for a young lady to have a list of basic things she is looking for in a husband because it will have an effect on the rest of her life. Here is my stepdaughter’s list:
Fun to be with
Does not smoke
Physically normal (not a fat slob like me LOL)
Age about 30 and no older than 40
Financially secure (has a job or income)
Now as her stepfather, I don’t think any of these items are invalid for a young, educated, Thai girl who has never worked in a bar, never been married, never had a live in relationship, never had a child, is totally self supporting with her own job in marketing (well she sells cell phones) and is attractive.

nkstan
udonmap.com

Post by nkstan » February 25, 2011, 1:03 pm

BarnicaleBob wrote:Wayneor0, I can identify with your problem. I have a 24 year old step-daughter who recently graduated from the university who is interested in finding a farang husband. Yes, she speaks English because she took it for several years at the university and has me as a stepdad. Yes, she wants a husband that can support her, why not. One of the advantages of looking for love over just finding love is that you can pick those qualities you would like your husband to have, things such as a job or income so that your married life will not be hindered with undue financial hardships. This is also what I want for her because I want her to have a happy life.
I think it is reasonable for a young lady to have a list of basic things she is looking for in a husband because it will have an effect on the rest of her life. Here is my stepdaughter’s list:
Fun to be with
Does not smoke
Physically normal (not a fat slob like me LOL)
Age about 30 and no older than 40
Financially secure (has a job or income)
Now as her stepfather, I don’t think any of these items are invalid for a young, educated, Thai girl who has never worked in a bar, never been married, never had a live in relationship, never had a child, is totally self supporting with her own job in marketing (well she sells cell phones) and is attractive.
I'm with you!My daughter just turned 19,speaks and understands English at near TOEFL level,is off to University,in a couple of months, to major in English Communication.Her goal at the moment is to leave Thailand in hopes of decent economic opportunity.She would like a non-Thai husband,but is definitely not interested in ''old'' falangs.I wish both of our daughters luck,but I don't know where they would meet an elgible man in Thailand.Most are mongers or old! :lol:

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » February 25, 2011, 1:09 pm

Very interesting that BB. Very much like my own step daughter apart from the age of potential suitors . She actually prefers to be an old man's darling than a young man's slave . Her words not mine . She realises if she were to choose a man still of working age she would have to live in his country as its very unlikely he would make a decent salary here, so as she really doesn't fancy going to Europe etc, she is prepared to take an older man, providing he is financially well endowed who wishes to set up home here . Mercenary? Possibly, but understandable when you see many of her fellow graduates left in the lurch with a kid or two to keep, having wasted their education and their youth, for what?
As an aside. What would you consider a fair sinsod to ask for your obviously desirable step daughter .? :lol: :lol:
Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

DermotC
udonmap.com

Post by DermotC » February 25, 2011, 1:47 pm

What about Love? When your looking for a partner and Money is foremost on your mind you are never going to truly love them!

I know you guys want your step daughters to have a good life and I understand that however if you want them to be truly happy, let them marry for Love and not money. Please dont encourage behaviour that is mercenary, at best!

arjay
udonmap.com

Post by arjay » February 25, 2011, 2:08 pm

I have a step-daughter a bit younger than you three guys. So far I try and focus her on getting the best she can out of her education, which should give her the best range of options later on, in terms of both career and life (not to mention boys, who I advise her, can/should come later!!) ... And agreed Dermot, matters of the heart should definitely come into that equation.

Relating that to the OP, I would however rather hate to think of her sharing beer with suitors whilst working in a shop, pizza restaurant or wherever, or expecting or relying on tips for doing so, unless of course she ended up working in a bar beer.

In terms of sin sodt, which has now been mentioned, I think I shall point out to her that the better her education, the higher the likely sin sodt and perhaps she might receive a share of it. Maybe that would be a good incentive to her to get a good education. ;)

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » February 25, 2011, 2:12 pm

DermotC wrote:What about Love? When your looking for a partner and Money is foremost on your mind you are never going to truly love them!

I know you guys want your step daughters to have a good life and I understand that however if you want them to be truly happy, let them marry for Love and not money. Please dont encourage behaviour that is mercenary, at best!
How nice to have a true romantic on the forum. :lol: ;;I
am afraid that here in Thailand,certainly money is preferred over love . Rightly or wrongly, depends on your viewpoint .
As a very wise woman, my wife , once said to me early in our relationship . Money puts food in my and my kids mouths . It gives us a place to live and give them an education. It takes the worry out of tomorrow . Love , what does that do? It gives you babies and more mouths to feed . It gives you heartache when you have spent the day trying to rustle up some food for the table, then the love of your life comes home , obviously drunk, having spent the day wooing another woman . No first give me the security that money brings and I will give you all the love you can handle .That was 10 years ago and she has been true to her word . \:D/
Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

grozza
udonmap.com

Post by grozza » February 25, 2011, 2:36 pm

What about Love? When your looking for a partner and Money is foremost on your mind you are never going to truly love them!

thank you dermot,im glad im not the only one that feels that way,theres no problem wanting to be with someone who has a steady job and can provide for her,in my experience in life you cant pick who you fall in love with it just happens,
when i met my wife i was 25 years old and she was 28 i did not have 2 pennys too rub together but in last 13 and half years we have bought a house together raised 2 great kids and bought another house and car in thailand,has it been easy no,buts its been a real partnership from both of us not just one sided.

now i have have a daughter and i lways tell her when you get older the main things you look for in guys are that they love you and they dont hurt you,emotional or physical all the rest you can work together ie earning money.

grozza
udonmap.com

Post by grozza » February 25, 2011, 2:51 pm

from my point view its not always about money,the amount of times ive seen these thai girls have a great provider and still it doesnt work ie every village has the husbands that go to korea taiwan and other countries around the world for work and send money home, and these girls are out rooting other guys in the village,while the husband are working there butt off,why do they do it because the love is no longer there,money isnt everything.

nkstan
udonmap.com

Post by nkstan » February 25, 2011, 3:03 pm

DermotC wrote:What about Love? When your looking for a partner and Money is foremost on your mind you are never going to truly love them!

I think it is a smart move to look for a well heeled person to fall in love with!People can fall in love in any environment,why choose a poor one?

Welshboy
udonmap.com

Post by Welshboy » February 25, 2011, 3:11 pm

Learn to love where the money is !
not
Fall in love for money !
There is a massive difference between the two.

LOVE GROWS. As the years pass. In a happy respectful relationship.

DermotC
udonmap.com

Post by DermotC » February 25, 2011, 3:18 pm

Grozza, you are man after my own heart!

Stan, Thats the point, you don't CHOOSE who you fall in love with, it just happens!

I understand all your points and they are well made, in particular TB's. Having said that I just don't agree. Love is Love, Money is Money and as far as I am concerned and as Grozza has proved, True love can conquer all, money problems included!

Yes, Im almost 40 and I know I don't know as much about life as you guys that have a few years on me but Ive always been a romantic and although its been knocked outta me many many times, i revert back to it.

My point is, ok if your daughters feel that way but encourage matters of the heart, true love will find a way, always!

Frans
udonmap.com

Post by Frans » February 25, 2011, 3:39 pm

Prostitution is the sale of services for money or other kind of returns...

Not to offend someone

jimboLV
udonmap.com

Post by jimboLV » February 25, 2011, 4:22 pm

Frans that's a pretty broad definition of prostitute. :lol: :lol:

According to your definition, anyone who works for a salary is a prostitute. But I know what you meant, services of a companionship or sexual nature. Even then that would make every married woman (or live-in lover) a prostitute! What's the old saying , "the ideal woman is a lady in the parlor, Aunt Jemima in the kitchen, and a ***** in the bedroom".

fcbforever

Post by fcbforever » February 25, 2011, 4:49 pm

jimboLV wrote:.... "the ideal woman is a lady in the parlor, Aunt Jemima in the kitchen, and a ***** in the bedroom".
Never thought about this but this sounds like my wonderful TW :D

BarnicaleBob
udonmap.com

Post by BarnicaleBob » February 25, 2011, 10:59 pm

trubrit wrote:Very interesting that BB. Very much like my own step daughter apart from the age of potential suitors . She actually prefers to be an old man's darling than a young man's slave . Her words not mine . She realises if she were to choose a man still of working age she would have to live in his country as its very unlikely he would make a decent salary here, so as she really doesn't fancy going to Europe etc, she is prepared to take an older man, providing he is financially well endowed who wishes to set up home here . Mercenary? Possibly, but understandable when you see many of her fellow graduates left in the lurch with a kid or two to keep, having wasted their education and their youth, for what?
As an aside. What would you consider a fair sinsod to ask for your obviously desirable step daughter .? :lol: :lol:
Her mother said she would expect 150,000 baht sinsod. If it were up to me I would just be happy to see her find the right guy and no sinsod but in this case Mom rules.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”