how not to win a thai lovely

General Udon Thani topics only!
DermotC
udonmap.com

Re: how not to win a thai lovely

Post by DermotC » February 25, 2011, 11:16 pm

Question to you older gentlemen out there.......

Would you have been able to get married to your first wife if you had to pay a Sinsod? I would hazzard a guess and say no, right? So this woman, at the time, would have been the love of your life right? So how would you have felt if the parents of your girl told you you had to cough up a few hundred quid, bucks or whatever currency back in 50's or 60's? Not very good Id think that you couldn't afford to marry the love of your life because you couldn't cough up the cash. So why may i ask, would you expect your daughters suitor to do something that you didnt have to do?????????

Guys come on.....I think a few of you have been here too long!!!!!

Just remember that feeling, the first time you really fell in proper love!

hangsaboot
udonmap.com

Post by hangsaboot » February 26, 2011, 1:03 am

.and now only interested in farang never been to thailand.she thinks all the ones here r mean and poor lol[/quote]

good she plays internet love sites , many farang never been thailand before .
DREAM ON .

i play these sites ,
i tell them that i only come udon one time , sure .
however, i forget to tell them that was 5 years ago . :-k

95 per cent are scams on these sites , that includes farang man and thai lie ladies .
suprising the ladies that play these sites , i know one or two of their farang darlings , nuff said. :(

when i arrange to meet a lady , that i think could be more of a challenge [not often ],
i book into the centra hotel for a couple of nights , they drop em fast there. qualiy rooms etc :D
quite often there are a few beautiful thai darlings ,that speak good english ,?? err nod nod
sitting patiently in the lobby, and they are eager to meet a good farang , i,e,one who can afford to stay there.
poochie jie dee ,muk marr , LOL :D

wayne , i tried once before to find your pizza place in hummpa , better like next time,

Welshboy
udonmap.com

Post by Welshboy » February 26, 2011, 2:21 am

I have come across many farang men in Thailand that have sold out their values, customs,religion, ect.
For the love of a Thai Lady.
Most have lived to regret it ! But for some. It was the best thing they had ever done !

If your custons,values, religion, ect. Have sustained you for lets say 50 yrs+.
Then why throw them away ? Your Thai Lovely and her family are not going to do the same.
You hold the Ace cards [money].
If they cant,or will not, meet you some of the way, in your wedding plans [sinsod] or family arrangements ?
Then maybe. You are a fool in Paradise. For as long as the money lasts

wayneor0
udonmap.com

Post by wayneor0 » February 26, 2011, 8:33 am

guys shop is easy to find its on a busy rd .in the middle of town there is a big market opp that is a 7 eleven thats the road we r on char lee st just come up rd few blocks we on right.or ring for directions cheers wayne 0879467662

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » February 26, 2011, 9:16 am

stattointhailand wrote:
randerson79 wrote:she is young .....strike 1

speaks good english....strike 2

She serves beer....strike 3
Hey you just got yourself a Turkey .......... I think it's a four play (or was it four-bagger) that's up next :lol:

may be I'm a bit cynical, but as soon as "speaks good English" is mentioned, I think, I wonder where she learned it? certainly NOT in school, so that leaves either ex English speaking partner, or more than a few months working the Patters/Phuket/Samui/Bkk bar scene
Yeah!... she could be Welshboy's ex.

But then how could she have gotten any 'good English' out of that?

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » February 26, 2011, 9:26 am

wayneor0 wrote:guys shop is easy to find its on a busy rd .in the middle of town there is a big market opp that is a 7 eleven thats the road we r on char lee st just come up rd few blocks we on right.or ring for directions cheers wayne 0879467662
Yo! Pimp daddy!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » February 26, 2011, 9:32 am

Sin sodt? Foreign fathers and stepfathers of well educated and obviously exceptional female offspring embracing sin sodt?!!!

I mean you put new tires on your used truck when you want to sell it or, you paint the house and remodel the yard when you want to sell that. But adding a sticker price to your oldest unmarried?

Another WTF moment....

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » February 26, 2011, 9:56 am

tamada wrote:Sin sodt? Foreign fathers and stepfathers of well educated and obviously exceptional female offspring embracing sin sodt?!!!

I mean you put new tires on your used truck when you want to sell it or, you paint the house and remodel the yard when you want to sell that. But adding a sticker price to your oldest unmarried?

Another WTF moment....
Well some of the sinsod figures paid by elderly farang for brides that could best be described as well used , not even a paint job or reshod , around these parts makes the value of a well educated lass without any baggage seem immaterial. Although our daughter will be free to choose her own partner, any prospective suitor will be subjected to a first degree grilling by her mother, aided and abetted by me .So no one , Farang or Thai will be getting a Rolls when they only have Mini money . In case any one gets the impression we are being mercenary let me add , any sinsod paid would after the deduction of wedding expenses, be credited to the brides bank account, to use as she and her husband thinks fit, after they have decided they are both fully committed to the union . If the groom turns out to be a Fly By Night or a drunkard at least she will have some security to fall back on, especially important if by then there are babies to feed .
Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

grozza
udonmap.com

Post by grozza » February 26, 2011, 12:13 pm

any prospective suitor will be subjected to a first degree grilling by her mother, aided and abetted by me .So no one , Farang or Thai will be getting a Rolls when they only have Mini money . In case any one gets the impression we are being mercenary let me add , any sinsod paid would after the deduction of wedding expenses, be credited to the brides bank account,
truebrit from what you said above i dont think the guy will have to worry about money being put in his account because he will be loaded anyway,most of the time its the rich ones that end up running around behind the girl or guys back because they have the money to wine dine and spend money on them.
about sinsod i never paid it and my wife had no children,but what i did say if your parents ever need my help with medical bills or something that they need health wise ill be there to help,sinsod to farangs is a bit taboo subject because we dont do it in our own countries and a lot of people think you are buying somebody,but i am ok with it! i was just lucky the inlaws were happy that mok found someone who loves her and were going to take care of her,or they just wanted to get rid of her not sure :lol: ,but having said all that if thats what you want for your daughter its all good as long as shes happy thats the main thing happiness.

DermotC
udonmap.com

Post by DermotC » February 26, 2011, 2:27 pm

DermotC wrote:Question to you older gentlemen out there.......

Would you have been able to get married to your first wife if you had to pay a Sinsod? I would hazzard a guess and say no, right? So this woman, at the time, would have been the love of your life right? So how would you have felt if the parents of your girl told you you had to cough up a few hundred quid, bucks or whatever currency back in 50's or 60's? Not very good Id think that you couldn't afford to marry the love of your life because you couldn't cough up the cash. So why may i ask, would you expect your daughters suitor to do something that you didnt have to do?????????

Guys come on.....I think a few of you have been here too long!!!!!

Just remember that feeling, the first time you really fell in proper love!
I noticed nobody commented on the above, maybe I just made way too much sense?

Welshboy
udonmap.com

Post by Welshboy » February 26, 2011, 4:15 pm

Tamada wrote.
But then how could she have gotten any 'good English' out of that?

The Concise Oxford English Dictionary.
NO Inferior interpretation will do !

Bertie_Wooster
udonmap.com

Post by Bertie_Wooster » February 26, 2011, 5:14 pm

It seems like the only qualification for the girl is to be female and breathing. And the qualification for the guy is to be ready, willing and able to passover support cash and gift her land/car/house along with not being too decrepit. Somehow this does sound like Pattaya-lite, that is to say a place that is not so much in your face, but the wants and desires of the women (and parents?) are pretty much the same.

Sit down with any bargirl and ask her what she is looking for and I would bet that her dreams, desires are just about the same as these non-fallen ladies. I cannot see the financial difference between the ladies of the evening and the non-fallen. Both seem grabby with parents who are looking for a free ride for their daughter.

Maybe I missed it, but did anyone give the wife qualifications of their daughter/step-daughter? You know, she can cook both Thai and non-Thai food to a good standard (and can eat non-Thai food), can keep the house clean and tidy, has various interests, is able to speak logically on a variety of topics, ready to help the future kids with their homework, can have the husband's dinner on the table when he comes home from work or whenever time has been agreed, can keep the household budget, able to discuss finances without running having a hissy fit and other things that I cannot think of at the moment.

If the guy is footing all the bills, the woman should be bringing a lot to the relationship and when her benefactor says "jump," she should immediately reply with "how high?" :lol:

Bertie_Wooster

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » February 26, 2011, 5:21 pm

DermotC wrote:[;;;;I

noticed nobody commented on the above, maybe I just made way too much sense?
Obviously I can't speak for the other step fathers but for myself the reason I didn't respond was simply, it wasn't relevant.
I married an English girl of the same age as myself in the traditional way for an English couple. thats not we were talking about. Its a completely different ball game marrying someone from a different culture who is from a different generation, with totally different values forced on her by a totally different set of financial circumstances . Notice the word different? It keeps cropping up in all aspects of life if you want a relationship with, not just a Thai lady, but any Asian woman .We are the oddballs not them.We are the ones that have these rosy ideas about love and romance, not them. They are far more practical than us, they have to be or they starve. We don't even know what it feels like to be hungry. So when they love, it isn't in a Mills & Boon romantic novel way, its far more practical . They show it by tender care and concern. By the respect they show for a good husband .Now isn't that what we love about them ? When did a farang wife last show you respect? Never if the stories I read on here are typical . So lets stop whinging about paying sinsod, its part of the custom they are used to, its normally less than you would pay for a second hand car anyway. :lol:
This reminds me of the guy having taken a girl from a bar saying the next morning when she asked for money. why you want money , you said you loved me ! :lol:

Welshboy
udonmap.com

Post by Welshboy » February 26, 2011, 6:59 pm

Hi Trubrit.

I can agree with what you are saying. We as farangs must make concessions.
If we wish to have a happy life with a Thai wife.

I would like to ask you a question if that ok.

In what way has your wife made concessions to accommodate you as a farang in your marrage
that is differant to her, than if she had married a Thai man ?

Colin.

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » February 26, 2011, 7:44 pm

Welshboy wrote:Hi Trubrit.

I can agree with what you are saying. We as farangs must make concessions.
If we wish to have a happy life with a Thai wife.

I would like to ask you a question if that ok.

In what way has your wife made concessions to accommodate you as a farang in your marrage
that is differant to her, than if she had married a Thai man ?

Colin.
Well the most obvious is learning to speak English, closely followed by my vastly different idea of housekeeping, no spider webs in my house and she even cleans the windows. :lol: But in general the hardest for her was learning to cope with my general expectations. Some may have noticed I can be a crotchety old git at times and therefore not easy to live with, but she has learnt when to step back for a while and then come over with a kiss. Not easy for a Thai who generally consider themselves to be always right . \:D/

BarnicaleBob
udonmap.com

Post by BarnicaleBob » February 26, 2011, 8:20 pm

trubrit wrote:
DermotC wrote:[;;;;I

noticed nobody commented on the above, maybe I just made way too much sense?
Obviously I can't speak for the other step fathers but for myself the reason I didn't respond was simply, it wasn't relevant.
I married an English girl of the same age as myself in the traditional way for an English couple. thats not we were talking about. Its a completely different ball game marrying someone from a different culture who is from a different generation, with totally different values forced on her by a totally different set of financial circumstances . Notice the word different? It keeps cropping up in all aspects of life if you want a relationship with, not just a Thai lady, but any Asian woman .We are the oddballs not them.We are the ones that have these rosy ideas about love and romance, not them. They are far more practical than us, they have to be or they starve. We don't even know what it feels like to be hungry. So when they love, it isn't in a Mills & Boon romantic novel way, its far more practical . They show it by tender care and concern. By the respect they show for a good husband .Now isn't that what we love about them ? When did a farang wife last show you respect? Never if the stories I read on here are typical . So lets stop whinging about paying sinsod, its part of the custom they are used to, its normally less than you would pay for a second hand car anyway. :lol:
This reminds me of the guy having taken a girl from a bar saying the next morning when she asked for money. why you want money , you said you loved me ! :lol:
Trubrit, I see at least you understand what it is like to have a young adult, all Thai stepdaughter. She is Thai and thinks Thai as this is Thailand. Her mother also is the same so I am of the opinion that we farangs are the guests here in Thailand and have no right to change their culture. I don't think some of the other posters here knows what it feels like to be in this position. I do want my stepdaughter to find a good husband as I would if she were my own. By having a list of standards for any possible husband neither she, her mother nor I are picking a husband for her. We are only weeding out the less than desirable ones. She will make the final choice based upon her heart and the love she will feel for the man.

KHONDAHM
udonmap.com

Post by KHONDAHM » February 26, 2011, 9:18 pm

My daughter ("step-daughter" seems odd) will be free to chose whomever lasts through the hell I would give him. :)

Welshboy
udonmap.com

Post by Welshboy » February 26, 2011, 9:24 pm

Thanks for the reply Trubrit.
even if you can be a crotchety old git at times
. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Colin.

DermotC
udonmap.com

Post by DermotC » February 26, 2011, 11:32 pm

Colin, Grozza and myself seem to be the only ones who get it. I didnt pay Sin Sod, neither did Grozza and Colin being a self confessed Cheap Charlie (No offence Colin), well i doubt he did either!

God Damn it, as far as Im concerned I should have been paid as Im the one whos giving her a better life, where the hell is my cash?????????????? =D> =D> =D>

bigsnake
udonmap.com

Post by bigsnake » February 26, 2011, 11:57 pm

How much BAGGAGES is she carrying<>Kids, sick mom/dad<>Gamble debt, Hmmmmmm!! BeWARE all. :roll: ;)

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”