All rise for the Queen.

General Udon Thani topics only!
pienmash
Udonmap Sponsor

All rise for the Queen.

Post by pienmash » May 18, 2011, 8:30 am

Ive been following the Queens visit to Ireland and imo at the best part of 80 odd years old shes a spritely lady and just like a real normal granny , ive never reaaly bothered with the Royal family but since Willy n Kates wedding i feel a bit different towards the monarchy , i think Phillips older than the Queen and tho a tadge eccentric hes a star. I even have more realistic feelings for Charles n Camilla now and it appears the Americans just love him and his ideas on the environment .

Within keeping with my happy , harmonious feeling today i can only say how nice it is of the British to lend out their Queen and others in the family to countries that dont have one of their own like Australia America and Canada .

mash .... its good to share , even a Royal family

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

All rise for the Queen.

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » May 18, 2011, 8:48 am

Canada's decided to have a constitutional monarchy on 1 July 1867. Our choice was Queen Victoria whose birthday we celebrate on 23 May this year. It is a public holiday. We also pay homage to our current head of state - Queen Elizabeth II. Thus, it is totally incorrect and impudent to say that we do not have our own Queen leading our country!!!

The Americans do not have the Queen as head of state, they have an elected President, who acts much like the 18th-century absolute monarchs of England. New Zealand and Australia are in the same position vis-a-vis the monarchy as Canada.

God Save the Queen !

jackspratt
udonmap.com

All rise for the Queen.

Post by jackspratt » May 18, 2011, 9:00 am

She may cause you to rise, mash - but the whole family leaves me in a state of boredom and flaccidity. :D

pienmash
Udonmap Sponsor

All rise for the Queen.

Post by pienmash » May 18, 2011, 9:12 am

LYM ....... i just knew you would be on the ball with a speedy and accurate reply , you know i dont let history or facts get in the way of a good post on UM . Im happy that like myself you seem pleased and have awarm feeling all over about OUR Queen.

Tutt tutt Jack shame on you , hang him fom the yard arm.( btw , what does flaccidity mean )

mASH........

randerson79
udonmap.com

All rise for the Queen.

Post by randerson79 » May 18, 2011, 9:18 am

Definition of FLACCID
1a : not firm or stiff; also : lacking normal or youthful firmness <flaccid muscles> b of a plant part : deficient in turgor
2: lacking vigor or force

Btw Mash..... USA, has Elvis, BK, Dairy Queen. Your really need to do your research better!! [-X
Last edited by randerson79 on May 18, 2011, 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

pienmash
Udonmap Sponsor

All rise for the Queen.

Post by pienmash » May 18, 2011, 9:21 am

Thanks r79 ,,,,,, like limp ?? i certainly would hope know would get erect over the Queen ..... THROW HIM IN THE TOWER , the beefeaters are on the way to Ban Dung

mak
udonmap.com

All rise for the Queen.

Post by mak » May 18, 2011, 10:08 am

Her majesty's a pretty nice girl
but she doesn't have a lot to say
but she changes from day to day
I wanna tell her that I love her a lot
but I gotta get a belly full of wine
someday I'm going to make her mine
Oh, yeah, someday I'm going to make her mine

Sir Paul.

pienmash
Udonmap Sponsor

All rise for the Queen.

Post by pienmash » May 18, 2011, 6:46 pm

Just caught the world news and an update on the Quenn of the world visiting Ireland ,,,, she looks great very sleek and fit as fiddle not a sign of Nora Battys stockings , i did notice Phil was struggling abit and looked a bit dishevelled , they are marvellous i feel so patriotic nowadays when i see the Royal family on tv , never felt like this before maybe im just getting old but i remember laffin at my gran for saying just the things im thinking n saying now ....... pass me my bus pass , pension book and zimmer frame im off ta bingo .

God save the Queen . I love she .

Mash.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

All rise for the Queen.

Post by jackspratt » May 18, 2011, 6:51 pm

Did you feel an urge to molest ya' Mrs? :D

DermotC
udonmap.com

All rise for the Queen.

Post by DermotC » May 18, 2011, 6:57 pm

Very interesting that yesterday the Queen visited the Garden of Rememberance in Dublin. A monument to all irish Soldiers and Paramilitaries Killed fighting the English Empire for 800 years. She laid a wreath also. A friend of mine called me, who lets just say wouldnt normally have anytime for the British Royal family, and was almost in tears! For alot of people in Ireland, where emotions still run very high about Britain, this has done a whole lot to finally bring an end to the troubles.

Today she visited another Monument in Dublin which was erected to more that 45,000 Irishmen who died fighting for the Queen in WW1, mostly in Flanders. This is a monument that is not visited much by Irish people as these people were seen as traitors to ireland. In actual fact these were people who just couldnt afford to feed their familys, so they took the queens money and off to their deaths they went. Hopefully this place will start to be visited again.

Alot of history gone by and good riddence to most of it, however you still wont see me wearing a poppy!

pienmash
Udonmap Sponsor

All rise for the Queen.

Post by pienmash » May 18, 2011, 7:08 pm

jackspratt wrote:Did you feel an urge to molest ya' Mrs? :D
Jackspratt .... the earl of Ban Dung thats tantamount to treason ....... ORFF WITH HIS HEAD !! .

I was talking to Eddie today Jack he told me youve got a Royal tea towel hanging above yer bed ,,,,,,,,,, pray tell how Edward the right honourable MP for Ban Dung would know this ??

mash

splasher
udonmap.com

All rise for the Queen.

Post by splasher » May 20, 2011, 10:12 am

randerson79 wrote:Definition of FLACCID
1a : not firm or stiff; also : lacking normal or youthful firmness <flaccid muscles> b of a plant part : deficient in turgor
2: lacking vigor or force

Btw Mash..... USA, has Elvis, BK, Dairy Queen. Your really need to do your research better!! [-X
R69+10.

The British also have Elton John, Freddie Mercury and Stephen Fry.

UK 4 - USA 3

ronan01
udonmap.com

All rise for the Queen.

Post by ronan01 » May 20, 2011, 4:16 pm

DermotC wrote:Very interesting that yesterday the Queen visited the Garden of Rememberance in Dublin. A monument to all irish Soldiers and Paramilitaries Killed fighting the English Empire for 800 years. She laid a wreath also. A friend of mine called me, who lets just say wouldnt normally have anytime for the British Royal family, and was almost in tears! For alot of people in Ireland, where emotions still run very high about Britain, this has done a whole lot to finally bring an end to the troubles.

Today she visited another Monument in Dublin which was erected to more that 45,000 Irishmen who died fighting for the Queen in WW1, mostly in Flanders. This is a monument that is not visited much by Irish people as these people were seen as traitors to ireland. In actual fact these were people who just couldnt afford to feed their familys, so they took the queens money and off to their deaths they went. Hopefully this place will start to be visited again.

Alot of history gone by and good riddence to most of it, however you still wont see me wearing a poppy!
In about 1913 the Irish Volunteer Force was established to achieve Irish freedom from Britain - although an "independent organisation", it was essentially controlled by the IRB (Irish Republican Brotherhood) - the IVF was essentially the IRA (but not called by that name at that time). The IVF was about 200 000 strong and most members were trained in military skills - shooting, fieldcraft, etc. At the outbreak of WW1 the IVF faced a bit of a crisis - many believed that "Englands problem was Irelands opportunity", others believed that if the IVF supported the rights of 'little countries" (like Belgium) the rest of the world would look kindly on Irelands claim for independence. The IVF split and about 180 000 of the 200 000 renamed themselves the "Irish National Volunteers" and joined the British Army (there was no conscription in Irealnd) on the proviso they would be part of an "Irish Division(s)" and would be commanded by Irish Officers - they were formed into two divisions (the 16 and 12 - I think) - one was commanded by Irish Officers, the other by British officers (and this division suffered the highest casualties). These divisions fought at Gallipoli/Dardanelles and the Western Front - about 5000 Irish died at Dardanelles. The 20 000 who remained in Ireland joined forces with the Irish Citizen Army and, in 1916, fought British troops in Ireland (mainly Dublin) - essentially this campaign was a failure and the leaders executed, the rest were interned. After WW1 the internees were released and the Irish Divisions returned home - the Irish Volunteers reformed, this time with experienced front line troops doing the training and fighting - this was essentially the Irish Repulican Army that fought the Irish War of Independence. This was followed by the Irish Civil War.

In short - the original "IRA" was formed to fight Britain, but chose to fight with her instead in the hope this would gain Irish indepndence (it did not). The "IRA" fought Turks and Germans on this basis.

Much of the animosity towards the "National Volunteers" was generated after the Civil War and by the Fianna Fail Government at that time - it was an attempt to rewrite history. I think these events lead to the perception of them being "traitors" - not that they took the "queens money".

It is also worth noting that during the 1800's about 50% of the British Armed Forces were Irish - this is when the Fenian Movement began, and with the aim of "turning" the Irish to fight their masters.

I cant help but wonder what the outcome would have been had they (IVF - IRA) chose to stick to the original plan.

In any case - it was all a long time ago. But there is the Republic and as it should be.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

All rise for the Queen.

Post by FrazeeDK » May 20, 2011, 10:06 pm

watched her come down the stairs of the small jet in Dublin the other day. Very spry for her age; no assistance down the stairs and marched right over to the President of Ireland.. Phillip was as stated a bit doddery and he really needs to trim back those wild eyebrows!!

pienmash
Udonmap Sponsor

All rise for the Queen.

Post by pienmash » May 21, 2011, 9:20 am

Indeed FDK , i think the Queen has looked great throughout thiis Irish visit my favourite outfit by far was the tuquoise two piece suit with matching hat and the semi wedge van damme shoes finished the ensemble of perfectly . The visit seems to have gone down very well ........ maybe the Brits should start to charge more to monarchless countries to lease our Royals daily , weekly monthly rate or rent one day get one day free ,,,,,,, having said that i wouldnt want to see the Queen in Australia , Canada or America etc more than nessesary she may pick up some of their less than adequate traits like wearing socks n sandals and speaking strangly.

GOD SAVE THE QUEEN .

Mash.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

All rise for the Queen.

Post by Khun Paul » May 21, 2011, 9:56 am

It is interesting to note some anomalies in the latest post, the Irish decided to fight for an individual not the Queen as stated , also the rsult would have been the same had they stuck to the original plan with out so much bloodshed.
It is also interesting to note that we can talk about her majesty without fear of being arrested or locked up, we can in fact say almost anything, whereas here saying anything that could even slightly be thought of as bad or unkind or even a hint of criticism would here cause you huge problems.
Althoguh an individual of Thailand is loved by so many it is a shame that they cannot express their felling except by the proscribed methods , and to to see him through the myriad of flunkies and others surrounding him seems impossible, take that view and look at how the Queen is taken care of and you see a Monarch who is not only liked and loved but is also approachable and visible to many even the public. I have seen her many times and even spoken to her once or twice. Although she is now older than when I last saw her she does carry herself well and belies her age of 85. Unfortunately Duke of Edingburgh is now showing his 90 odd years.

pienmash
Udonmap Sponsor

All rise for the Queen.

Post by pienmash » May 21, 2011, 10:23 am

" Surf ...Get out of my bedroom " cried the Queen to the intruder Khun Paul ......... sorry marm ive come to check yer bunyans replied KP .... AT 3 AM YOU SILLY MAN !! replied the Queen ............... orf with his head !!

KP were you the fella she caught skulking aound Buckingham Palace in the early hours ?? or did you chat with her at a palace dinner party , thats Buckingham not Crystal btw.. and do you still have her phone number ?

mash

trubrit
udonmap.com

All rise for the Queen.

Post by trubrit » May 21, 2011, 10:42 am

Could this really be KP?
_52635758_maxwell.jpg
Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

pienmash
Udonmap Sponsor

All rise for the Queen.

Post by pienmash » May 21, 2011, 11:00 am

trubrit wrote:Could this really be KP?
_52635758_maxwell.jpg
Which one ?? going by hair colour ?? ......KP ... THROW HIM IN THE TOWER .

Who is the fella in the uniform ? not KP for sure the Quenn would have he fingers in her ears and too many pips not enuff medals of honour !!!!! ....... a young TB maybe ??

MASH .

trubrit
udonmap.com

All rise for the Queen.

Post by trubrit » May 21, 2011, 11:35 am

pienmash wrote:
trubrit wrote:Could this really be KP?
_52635758_maxwell.jpg
Which one ?? going by hair colour ?? ......KP ... THROW HIM IN THE TOWER .

Who is the fella in the uniform ? not KP for sure the Quenn would have he fingers in her ears and too many pips not enuff medals of honour !!!!! ....... a young TB maybe ??

MASH .
No not me Mash. Actually Chief Constable Grahame Maxwell, the first CC ever to be disciplined for nepotism. :-"
Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”