Udon Condominiums

General Udon Thani topics only!

Would you be interested in purchasing a condo in Udon Thani?

Yes
62%
No
22%
Maybe
16%

Total votes: 139

fatbob
udonmap.com

Udon Condominiums

Post by fatbob » July 26, 2011, 7:12 am

I would imagine a 70 plus appartment development would have a deisel generator in the plant room for back up power, this should cut in automatically when the power is off, it would power emergency lighting ie; one light per appartment, lighting in passageways and staircases, lifts and pumps for the water system so as toilets etc can be flushed. This is normal procedure for safety in case of fire etc. I do hope the developer is factoring in these things especially if its being marketed as a 'westerners condo.'

LoveDaBlues
udonmap.com

Udon Condominiums

Post by LoveDaBlues » July 26, 2011, 9:01 am

zoomzoom wrote:
kjellsnell wrote:I think it is a god idea but....

a startprice around 1 milj batn aint cheap if compare whit condominiumcomplex in Pattay and other beachareas......for smaller apartments around the startprice can be around 650 k. They just finished a big condominiumcomplex in Pattay where the startprice is 650 for a studioapartment around 40m2

Also.....how can they go around the thailaw whit a 100% foreigner ownership.......Thats sounds weird to me!
I could well be wrong but I thought that Thai Law restricted foreigners from owning land, not property.

My impression has always been that as long as a Thai owns the land on which a property is built (as with flats/condos) then there is not a problem.

Obviously, a potential purchaser would need a "watertight", long term lease with a fixed groundrent but assuming that was met I would have thought everything should be in order, from all sides.
Not sure what you're trying to say. It's always been within the scope of Thai law for anyone to lease a living space.
The attraction of ownership is the ability to sell or pass on the condo you own; with a lease you don't have this option.

There is no way around the Thai law concerning foreign ownership capped at 49% of the TOTAL SQ. METERS available (NOT 49% of the # of units) with a project of this kind.

fatbob
udonmap.com

Udon Condominiums

Post by fatbob » July 26, 2011, 9:44 am

What Zoom Zoom is saying Love da Blues is a land lease, not the same as renting a house for one year although similar, If I am buying a house I can get a Thai ie, wife, friend, lawyer what ever to lease the land for 60 years or what you want or can get, in a Thai name, you then do not pay monthly or yearly rent, in a way its yours, the house is in my name, the land not, if I decide to sell after ten years which can be done it would be sold with the remaining time left, fifty years. Its a real grey area and soon some of these leases will be coming up for renewal, I for one am waiting to see what will happen. If you are old and have no dependants leasing is probaly ok, if you want the property in your control you must set up a Thai company which owns all, your company owns the land and you lease the land from your company, which makes the company a business however you then have to have a company audit every year and pay taxes etc so you will be paying 20 to 30 k each year. Your Thai company will have you as director owning 49%, you then have two Thais as directors who do not know each other owning 25% and 26% giving you control, your lawyer will have signed resignations from the two Thai directors undated sitting in the filing cabinet. Or you can put it in the wifes name and hope for the best as I have done!
The Udon condos I would think will be on a lease agreement?

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Udon Condominiums

Post by Aardvark » July 26, 2011, 9:57 am

No coxo you have it wrong. Go back through the Posts and you will see that the Condo's will be 100% owned by the Falang Byer, and the Land will be retained 100% by the Thai Developers !!

fatbob
udonmap.com

Udon Condominiums

Post by fatbob » July 26, 2011, 10:26 am

Aardvark, is that a question mark after my sentence, I wonder if that means I am asking a question not making a statement, so as you say please read before commenting. And lets just see what happens.
What you are saying is the building or condo is owned by the buyer, whether that be Westerner or Thai and the land retained by the Thai developer, would the owner of the condo then have to have some form of legal agreement with the land owner, I think I would, maybe that would be in the form of a lease agreement?

drillpig
udonmap.com

Udon Condominiums

Post by drillpig » July 26, 2011, 10:56 am

Coxo your getting confused mate a foreigner can own a condo outright no need for a lease as long as only 49% of the building space is owned by farang. When buying a condo it is similar to buying into a company hence the 49% cap when you sell your condo you are selling your share in the condo project, the land underneath the building belongs to the body corporate which is made up of the owners of the condos not the developer. The developer needs to get approval from the government before they can structure the project this way.

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Udon Condominiums

Post by Aardvark » July 26, 2011, 10:59 am

fatbob
udonmap.com

Udon Condominiums

Post by fatbob » July 26, 2011, 12:26 pm

I thought this was a development for westerners, the only condo developments I have been involved in are 100% western owned, hence 30 year leases. I did'nt realise they are only selling 49% of the condos to foriegners, that throws a different light on the project.

parrot
udonmap.com

Udon Condominiums

Post by parrot » July 26, 2011, 8:01 pm

I might be underestimating the propensity of Thais to build more when there seems to be enough already, but I can't imagine a Thai in Udon building a development for westerners only. Not even Celini did that!
And speaking of Celini, when are they going to rent out those ?shophouses? that sit out front of the development??
Back on topic to condos, a year or so ago we stayed in a friend's condo well on the outskirts of Chiangmai....about 1/3 of the way up to Doi Sutep. We stayed on the 7th floor. There was a karaoke bar across the way and about 75 meters down the road. That distance and height had zero effect on reducing the nauseating whine that came out of that place......until the wee hours of the morning. We'd start to nod off during an intermission in singing when it would start up again......and there wasn't a singer among any of them. I did a quick count......about 13 street facing units per floor and 12 floors (if memory serves me correctly). That's a lot of people who were being impacted by a single karaoke bar. I envisioned the advantages of a shoulder-launched missile.....in my dreams.

footymaster
udonmap.com

Udon Condominiums

Post by footymaster » August 17, 2011, 9:47 pm

i am interested in buying a condo in udon, its on the up big time and land prices are going up fast, they should be a good investment, but i think the location where they are going to build could have been better, they should build them overlooking nong par jack lake, now the views there would be very nice, just think sat on balconey in the evening watching the sun set over the lake wow. i hope if they sell well the second time around they will build there. i think there would be a made rush to buy them.

pompui
udonmap.com

Udon Condominiums

Post by pompui » September 8, 2011, 4:19 am

lee wrote:
Aardvark wrote:I wonder who these Mysterious People are who came up with this Concept :-k Hello Lee, this wouldn't be your next venture would it ?? Good Luck if it is, I will seriously look at byeing one :D
It's nothing to do with me Mark however I did suggest the idea to them. I think it's a much better idea than building yet another block of basic apartments.
What is the best way of finding out who the shareholders are regarding this venture,would be interesting to see who is actually behind this :-k
Have posted a maybe to this 8)

banwisiwa

Udon Condominiums

Post by banwisiwa » September 18, 2011, 5:50 pm

Dear Mr . Pompui, you are welcome to visit our office , we will answer any questions for you.

By the way the project start date has been moved back to middle of next year.

844/5 Tahan Road
Muang Udon Thani 41000
Email. engineeringhouse.udon @ gmail.com
Tel. 083-3635355, 042-341011
engineering-house-map.jpg

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Udon Condominiums

Post by Aardvark » September 19, 2011, 4:26 pm

banwisiwa wrote:Dear Mr . Pompui, you are welcome to visit our office , we will answer any questions for you.

By the way the project start date has been moved back to middle of next year.

844/5 Tahan Road
Muang Udon Thani 41000
Email. engineeringhouse.udon @ gmail.com
Tel. 083-3635355, 042-341011
engineering-house-map.jpg
Thank you for your Post. How long do you think it will take from start to completion ??So far it is fitting in with my plans quite comfortably !!

bubbles
udonmap.com

Udon Condominiums

Post by bubbles » February 3, 2012, 3:29 pm

Are you going ahead with the project building condo,s there is a lot of interested people out here, any response would be great.
Regards bubbles

grievous
udonmap.com

Udon Condominiums

Post by grievous » February 3, 2012, 4:56 pm

My wife called the number above about a month ago and was told the project wasn't going ahead.
It's a shame wouldn't have been good for people wanting to move to udon or have a holiday place.

bubbles
udonmap.com

Udon Condominiums

Post by bubbles » February 3, 2012, 7:14 pm

Yes it is a shame condos would be perfect for blokes like me who come 2 or 3 times a year, when you leave lock and not worry about maintenance etc like gardens ?.?

Jay.nip
udonmap.com

Udon Condominiums

Post by Jay.nip » February 13, 2012, 11:39 am

I'm a property company owner, and think about low rise condominium in Udon Thani. I've located a piece of 330 Sq.Wah land Eastern side of Udon Thani ringroad for this purpose. Don't know for sure what size, and what price, and what facilities and what services a foreigner would need.
Anyone interested, please post your comment and requirements here, would be highly appreciated.
Thank you.

bubbles
udonmap.com

Udon Condominiums

Post by bubbles » February 13, 2012, 1:51 pm

I would be interested in a two bedroom apartment with space for a car in the basement or whatever, would also require the building to have a lift, evelator. any other info would be pleased po forward, also please keep informed what you might be doing.
Regards Bubbles

greatsnake
udonmap.com

Udon Condominiums

Post by greatsnake » February 13, 2012, 2:30 pm

Jay.nip wrote: Anyone interested, please post your comment and requirements here, would be highly appreciated.
Thank you.
Discuss with the Internet Service Providers in town about providing high-speed Internet to your building. Add fiber-optic cables to every unit for high-speed Internet. Farangs love high-speed Internet!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_a ... o_the_home

Even though fiber-optics wouldn't be necessary today, in 5 or 10 years you (and your tenants) will be glad you did.

Prenders88
udonmap.com

Udon Condominiums

Post by Prenders88 » February 13, 2012, 3:35 pm

3 Phase electrics.
Minimum 55 sq metres.
Cable TV
Full size cooker, with oven.
Quiet location away from passing traffic.
Swimming pool.
Udon Thani, best seen through your car's rear view mirror.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”