Udon Condominiums

General Udon Thani topics only!

Would you be interested in purchasing a condo in Udon Thani?

Yes
62%
No
22%
Maybe
16%

Total votes: 139

Prenders88
udonmap.com

Udon Condominiums

Post by Prenders88 » July 22, 2012, 2:51 pm

parrot wrote:I have a friend who's involved with the Chamber of Commerce....usually knows about such things, but said he was unaware of a condo being planned for Udon. If someone can snap a photo of the billboard/sign and post it, I'll do my elementary best in translating it.

I searched Thai websites but came up empty.

I have a friend who is also involved in the Chamber of Commerce, perhaps it's the same person.
Just came back from Ngee Soon to buy stock for our shop.
Went past a poster, I caught sight of the price 900,000 baht.
My wife seems to know about it, as the block is going up on Posri Road.

Udon Thani, best seen through your car's rear view mirror.

parrot
udonmap.com

Udon Condominiums

Post by parrot » July 22, 2012, 3:41 pm

I came across this searching for condo info on thai websites....in line with what prenders just posted:
It's supposedly on Phosri Rd (The poster says "Condos in the middle of the city Phosri), near Wat Po, across from the museum. As the sign says, prices start at 999,000
Attachments
535028_3451899412474_1412249569_n.jpg

Balthasar G.
udonmap.com

Udon Condominiums

Post by Balthasar G. » July 23, 2012, 6:27 am

This is their website.
I hope I die in my sleep like my grand dad did, not screaming like his passengers

parrot
udonmap.com

Udon Condominiums

Post by parrot » July 23, 2012, 3:10 pm

"This is their website."

The website is for some condos in Khonkaen, by the same builder. The phone number for Udon contact is 083-988-2323, 042-223-222.

parrot
udonmap.com

Udon Condominiums

Post by parrot » July 23, 2012, 6:53 pm

My wife talked with one of the agents at the Udon phone number above.....the agent said units start at 26sq meters and construction is due to begin late this year.
I checked the Khonkaen website, and sure enough, units there also start at 26.6 sq meters. The billboard advertises starting price as 999,000......so I'd guess that's for the smallest unit. The largest unit shown on the Khonkaen website is 43 sq meters.
When we returned home, I measured our living room.......16'x15'......seems to be roughly the size of the starting unit. Tonight, while watching late night TV, I'll imagine my living room is my condo unit.

JimboPSM
udonmap.com

Udon Condominiums

Post by JimboPSM » July 23, 2012, 8:18 pm

I took a look at the KK plans and the one bedroom units are between 26 and 32 square metres and the two bedroom units 44 square metres.

It is hard to see how units this small and cramped would appeal to many westerners – those wishing to swing the proverbial cat will not only kill it but probably break their hands in the process.

While it is encouraging that a development is finally taking place, if the KK plans are similar to those to be built in Udon they are (in my opinion) far too small.

In my opinion the minimum size for condominium units should be:
  • 1. Studio unit – 25 square metres.

2. One bedroom – 40 square metres.

3. Two bedrooms – 55 square metres.
As I have previously said, I believe there is a good market for condominiums in Udon – but at this size I believe western interest will be limited - the price may be attractive to some, but the size probably won't be.
Ashamed to be English since 23rd June 2016 when England voted for racism & economic suicide.

Disgusted that the UK is “governed” by a squalid bunch of economically illiterate, self-serving, sleazy and corrupt neo-fascists.

Prenders88
udonmap.com

Udon Condominiums

Post by Prenders88 » July 24, 2012, 8:27 am

Jimbo wrote...
"As I have previously said, I believe there is a good market for condominiums in Udon – but at this size I believe western interest will be limited - the price may be attractive to some, but the size probably won't be".

I rent apartments in the UK, 55sqm would be the bare minimum for a tenant.
Most new build apartments have a open plan kitchen which is included in the area.
One bedroom units are difficult to rent out.

Cashed up Thai-Chinese blokes might snap up the studios, and one bedroom units as a "pu$$y" place, somewhere for their Mia Noi.

parrot
udonmap.com

Udon Condominiums

Post by parrot » July 24, 2012, 3:04 pm

My friend told me Udon's first attempt at a condo unit failed about 10 years ago. The building was never completed....and the remains lie in the lower right hand corner of the attached photo (off of Adunyadet Rd), set back between soi 5 and 6. Anyone ever been back there?
Attachments
Capture.JPG

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Udon Condominiums

Post by BobHelm » July 24, 2012, 3:42 pm

Pass by it often parrot but never been in. It does not look especially welcome & the road does have it's fair share of 'street people' and some drug issues so looking at abandoned buildings is not a hobby I would take up here... :D

I thought Harmony George said a while back that the plot had just changed hands for 50 million???

It is a large bit of land & could have made some very pleasant apartments with a rather nice garden as well....pity to see the building slowly fall down....

trekkertony
udonmap.com

Udon Condominiums

Post by trekkertony » July 24, 2012, 5:15 pm

If anyone has a phone number and a name for an English speaking representative of the proposed project it would be most helpful.

Thanks in advance,

TT

harmonyudon
udonmap.com

Udon Condominiums

Post by harmonyudon » July 24, 2012, 5:28 pm

BobHelm wrote:....I thought Harmony George said a while back that the plot had just changed hands for 50 million???

It is a large bit of land & could have made some very pleasant apartments with a rather nice garden as well....pity to see the building slowly fall down....
Right @BobHelm,perhaps more. Why they dont continue with their plans, I dont know. Its indeed a nice plot.
I thought when I noticed that in front of the plot they started working it finally began,but the small plot in front is from a different owner and the 2 new shophouses on it are already finished.

See also:
http://www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/d ... ml#p254736
Don't be a loser, don't comment on others if u haven't achieved a thing.
Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.

trubrit
udonmap.com

Udon Condominiums

Post by trubrit » September 27, 2012, 10:12 am

lee wrote:
Aardvark wrote:I wonder who these Mysterious People are who came up with this Concept :-k Hello Lee, this wouldn't be your next venture would it ?? Good Luck if it is, I will seriously look at byeing one :D
It's nothing to do with me Mark however I did suggest the idea to them. I think it's a much better idea than building yet another block of basic apartments.
Being a bit of a memory man I noticed a couple of threads running through this topic that appeared to have something in common with one currently attracting a lot of interest elsewhere in General Udon topics .
The first common factor that worried me was the secrecy surrounding it, despite many requests and promises to reveal more in the magazine, it never happened.The second was the apparent involvment of Admin in it . So I can't say I was surprised to learn that at the latest discussion on its developement, the team that were talking about building the 79 room , 20 million baht project, were also members of the other topic. The report on this gathering also mentions an un-named English mans involvment, but I very much doubt if this could be Lee as he is said to own a large resort near Udon .
Compare for yourself. I won''t publish the report as its not relevent to my point, but I do have access to it.
condo group.jpg
Expats meeting.jpg
Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

lee
udonmap.com

Udon Condominiums

Post by lee » September 27, 2012, 1:35 pm

Trubrit, you seem to be getting yourself in a muddle yet again. This is not the first time I've had to put the record straight due to you getting the facts wrong.

The company behind the original Udon Condominium project was a local firm called Engineering House, they have been a sponsor of UdonMap for a couple of years now. I suggested the Condominium project to them when they asked for my ideas about what to build on land they own in Udon. Other than suggesting the idea and them being a sponsor of UM, that's the only involvement I've had with them.

There was no secrecy involved with the condo project, just lack of information. No further information was posted because the project was canceled.

Engineering House have absolutely nothing to do with the condominium projects currently underway in Udon.

Yes you're correct the Englishman cannot be me because I do not have a resort in Udon or anywhere for that matter.

And lastly, neither I nor the new UdonMap owner have anything to do with these condo projects or the topic creating a lot of interest elsewhere.

trubrit
udonmap.com

Udon Condominiums

Post by trubrit » September 27, 2012, 2:35 pm

lee wrote:Trubrit, you seem to be getting yourself in a muddle yet again. This is not the first time I've had to put the record straight due to you getting the facts wrong.

And lastly, neither I nor the new UdonMap owner have anything to do with these condo projects or the topic creating a lot of interest elsewhere.
No muddle at all Lee. I wasn't talking historically but now. The two teams behind both subjects are undoubtably the same now. Thank you for your rather belated confirmation that the original developer Engineering House has pulled out from the construction. I would still question why secrecy was involved about who it was and having started the topic, why you didn't mention its cancellation. The word I am looking for is "transparency" I think.
Glad to note neither you or the new owner have anything to do with either topic.
Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

lee
udonmap.com

Udon Condominiums

Post by lee » September 27, 2012, 3:41 pm

trubrit wrote:I would still question why secrecy was involved about who it was
No secrecy at all Trubit, if you care to scroll back to page #4 you will see I posted the name of the developer there. The developer also posted their office location and contact details within this thread.

http://www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/p ... ml#p267847
trubrit wrote:and having started the topic, why you didn't mention its cancellation.
I learned of the project cancellation through a post on page #8, I didn't feel the need to say anything unless it wasn't true.
trubrit wrote:The word I am looking for is "transparency" I think.
I believe I'm being as transparent as I possibly can.

KHONDAHM
udonmap.com

Udon Condominiums

Post by KHONDAHM » September 30, 2012, 12:52 am

parrot wrote:I came across this searching for condo info on thai websites....in line with what prenders just posted:
It's supposedly on Phosri Rd (The poster says "Condos in the middle of the city Phosri), near Wat Po, across from the museum. As the sign says, prices start at 999,000
My wife called about that project before they started selling. After the start of selling (a Saturday), she went in-person (Monday) to buy and was told they had sold out completely...the price on the sign up to that time was THB 799,000...
Enjoy this site much more by adding idiots to your ignore list (Friends & Foes tab).
http:\\www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/ucp.php? ... &mode=foes

KHONDAHM
udonmap.com

Udon Condominiums

Post by KHONDAHM » November 1, 2012, 6:49 am

Anyone have info on new condos going up around town? I am aware of 4. All pre-sold or currently under construction.
Enjoy this site much more by adding idiots to your ignore list (Friends & Foes tab).
http:\\www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/ucp.php? ... &mode=foes

christian_2013
udonmap.com

Udon Condominiums

Post by christian_2013 » November 1, 2012, 8:00 am

KHONDAHM wrote:Anyone have info on new condos going up around town? I am aware of 4. All pre-sold or currently under construction.
I have seen a condo project advertised Skyland condominiums on Udondusadee Road about 50m back from the fountain intersection which seems pretty central.

Regards
Chris

Prenders88
udonmap.com

Udon Condominiums

Post by Prenders88 » November 1, 2012, 8:46 am

Lots of condos in Udon have been bought in bulk by cashed up property speculators to sell on at a profit not to rent out.
What makes or breaks these projects is how well the management company is run, repairs, keeping common areas clean, car parking issues and vetting of tenants.

parrot
udonmap.com

Udon Condominiums

Post by parrot » November 1, 2012, 9:05 am

Condo seems to be the newest 'in' word around town. Signs all over town for a wide variety of projects. The only place that I'd consider, if I were a buyer, might be the CP-sponsored projects (two now in town). They have a name to protect....so might be more inclined to provide actual condo services.
There's a new CP project going up just down the street from the mosque on Srichomcheun.......I passed by yesterday......don't know if they're using the word 'condo' in their advertisement.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”